Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 11-21-2013, 12:32 AM   #1
DamPenguin
All Star Reserve

Another Player/Ratings ?...

Are players rated by the AI according to other players in the game or a pre-set scale? In other words if I'm starting an "All-Time Team" universe with scouting off, would it be possible for all players to be 5 stars (if they all are rated very highly) or that would be impossible because a certain player (on a 1-20 scale) rates a 20 while the other is a 19?
DamPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:51 AM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

League setup, Global setup Tab - near the bottom left side is a box you can check that's labeled "Overall rating based on all players, not positions".

If you check, players are rated against all players in your league.

Leave it unchecked, then players are rated against other players at the same position.

Your choice
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #3
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Are players rated by the AI according to other players in the game or a
pre-set scale?
From what I understand they are rated against other players and not a pre set optimal player.

I have not looked into it but I wonder what happens on All Time Great teams. If Wagner, Ruth, Cobb, Williams, Rose and Bonds are on a team what does the AI do? Are they all 80/80 (20-80 scale) or is someone a 65/80? It has been a passing question for me. If you do an all time team will you post results here?
Old 11-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
I have not looked into it but I wonder what happens on All Time Great teams. If Wagner, Ruth, Cobb, Williams, Rose and Bonds are on a team what does the AI do? Are they all 80/80 (20-80 scale) or is someone a 65/80? It has been a passing question for me. If you do an all time team will you post results here?
Your second scenario is correct. Internal ratings (visible through the editor) are static, but most of the other ratings you see depend on the rest of the players in the league. They're rated against each other, not in a vacuum.

That said, you'd need an all-time greats LEAGUE, rather than an all-time greats TEAM, to see a drastic effect. Putting 20 of the best players in history into an average league will still make them superstars.

Last edited by Fyrestorm3; 11-21-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #5
DamPenguin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
From what I understand they are rated against other players and not a pre set optimal player.

I have not looked into it but I wonder what happens on All Time Great teams. If Wagner, Ruth, Cobb, Williams, Rose and Bonds are on a team what does the AI do? Are they all 80/80 (20-80 scale) or is someone a 65/80? It has been a passing question for me.
Yeah this is pretty much what I'm wondering. If an All Time League is created would lets say a solid player like Marquis Grissom be a half-star or 1-star player because the peers in his league are those such as Cobb, Henderson, Ruth, Williams, etc.? Or would he still be a 2-3 star player even though he may be the least talented of the bunch?

Quote:
If you do an all time team will you post results here?
Sure... I just hope I don't take too long to get it done.

Last edited by DamPenguin; 11-21-2013 at 03:11 PM.
DamPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote