Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Data Issues

Old 04-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #41
QMJHL_GUY

From what I have noticed, most QMHL teams need major editing. I have been looking at potential ratings and I've seen that teams like the Armada or the Rocket have most guys above 3 stars and a lot of 4 star guys, whereas teams like Gatineau or Val d'Or have a ton of 1 star guys. There's actually a huge difference between the way some teams are rated compared to others.

Is this because two different guys are rating the teams? It's unfair to start a franchise with Gatineau for example because the players' ratings are unfairly lower than some other teams.

I had started compiling a list of changes I'd make to the potential ratings when I noticed this. I think the two guys making the QMJHL ratings should get together and agree on a guideline. For exemple, most junior players should be rated much lower than NHL guys, therefore skill ratings above 10/20 should be quite rare. Only something like Hyka's skating or Kucherov's shooting should be above 10. Actually goofing around with the game I'm not sure if the ratings change when a junior player is transfered to the pros. I mean Etienne Marcoux has 5 star abilities and potential, this is kinda ridiculous.

As for potential, most guys should be above 3 stars as these are all kids and those are the players that will populate Europe and the AHL for years to come for our saves. A 2nd line QMJHL guy with 3.5 stars should at least be able to land a job in the AHL somewhere down the road. They should be able to developp further and with 1.5 star I highly doubt they'll be relevant anytime soon.

I'm a huge QMJHL follower and don't mind giving my thoughts to the people rating that league, I'd really like to help. I'll post what I'd do with the Armada potential ratings to give you guys an exemple of what I'm seeing.

BLAINVILLE-BOISBRIAND POTENTIAL RATINGS
Lower:
- Matteau from 5 stars to 4.5
- Paquette from 5 stars to 4
- Carrier from 5 stars to 3.5
- Marcoux from 5 stars to 3.5
- Marti from 4.5 stars to 3.5
- Clapperton from 4 stars to 3.5
- Giroux from 4 stars to 3.5
- Tesink from 4 stars to 3.5
Higher:
- Bahl from 3.5 stars to 4.5
- Roy from 3.5 stars to 4
- Phaneuf from 3 stars to 4

Last edited by QMJHL_GUY; 04-13-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #42
QMJHL_GUY

I'm not sure if maybe it's an issue with my scouts in game ? Perhaps that is why some potential ratings are skewed and seem lower than the other teams ? Not sure. I'll still post the rest of the Telus West division that I did just for reference :

DRUMMONDVILLE
Lower:
- Verrier from 4.5 stars to 3.5
- Murray from 4 stars to 3.5
- Malouin from 4 stars to 3
Higher:
- Guidon from 3.5 stars to 4
- Gauthier from 3 stars to 3.5
- Auger from 3 stars to 4
- Ratelle from 3 stars to 4

GATINEAU
Lower:
-
Higher:
- Hyka from 3.5 stars to 4
- Kielly fom 3.5 stars to 4
- Brassard from 3 stars to 4
- Reway from 2.5 stars to 4
- Poirier from 2.5 stars to 4.5
- Carrier from 2.5 stars to 4.5
- Burke from 1.5 stars to 3.5
Most players should be at least 3 stars

ROUYN-NORANDA
Lower:
- A.O'Brien from 5 stars to 3.5
Higher:
- Belanger from 3 stars to 4
- Guenette from 3 stars to 4
- Leclerc from 2.5 stars to 3.5
- Perron from 2.5 stars to 4
- Andrighetto from 2 stars to 4
- Dea from 2 stars to 3.5

SHERBROOKE
Lower:
-
Higher:
- Audette from 3.5 stars to 4
- Couture from 2.5 stars to 3.5
- Deschamps from 2.5 stars to 4
- Deslauriers from 2.5 stars to 4
- Kamaev from 2.5 stars to 3.5
- Neill from 2.5 stars to 4.5
- Lysenko from 2 stars to 3.5

VAL D'OR
Lower:
- Zlobin from 5 stars to 4
- Tremblay from 4.5 stars to 3.5
Higher:
- Rioux-Legault from 2.5 stars to 3.5
- Dunn from 2.5 stars to 3.5
- Aube-Kubel from 2.5 stars to 4.5
- Richard from 2.5 stars to 4
- S.Henley from 2.5 stars to 3.5

Last edited by QMJHL_GUY; 04-13-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #43
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

QMJHL_Guy - Thanks for your posts. I'm not sure if it's the scouts or not, but we've just received a different set of attribute value limits and will have to re-rate players. We will be doing that over the next while. It may be unbalance for a bit more until we fix, however it should be all good for the official release. We are working on the values together. We'll come back to this board when we've finished re-rating and ask for comments again. Thanks again for the feedback!

Content Creator and Streamer:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/sizzlingpopcorn

Last edited by sizzlingpopcorn; 04-13-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #44
QMJHL_GUY

That's great news - thanks for the quick response. I will be here when you release the ratings. If you could document your progress, maybe division-by-division, that would be sweet. I would love to help you guys out, although I'm sure you guys are as knowledgeable as they come about the Q.

Good job and keep going.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #45
QMJHL_GUY

When I click on unsigned draftees it brings me to a page with all my inactive roster players + Matteau, Tesink and Ouellet (who are all signed to NHL deals). Kinda odd. This is with the Armada (QMJHL). Probably a small fix required here.

Also looking at the protected list, there's a ton of players I've never even heard of. Most of Blainville's prospects from the last Q draft arn't even on there. Guessing there's more work that needs to be done here.

If you need me to provide a complete list of every team's 50-man list, I'd be glad to help.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #46
QMJHL_GUY

Position ratings are good but I'd tweak them a bit. For exemple a guy like Marc-Olivier Roy is a natural C but has played a lot of wing in the last two seasons, he can pretty much play anywhere and play well. Danick Martel is also a natural C so he should have a higher rating, Tommy Giroux is also a guy that excels at both LW and C.

For exemple for the Armada those are the guidelines I'd follow:

Clapperton - LW 20 C 10 RW 13
Giroux - LW 17 C 20 RW 15
Houde - LW 20 C 12 RW 14
Matteau - LW 20 C 11 RW 18
Hodhod - LW 17 C 20 RW 16
Jevpalovs - LW 12 C 20 RW 16
Paquette - LW 10 C 20 RW 11
Sanche - LW 20 C 15 RW 15
Cisse - LW 14 C 10 RW 20
Grandmaison - LW 13 C 10 RW 20
Hinds - LW 15 C 17 RW 20
Martel - LW 15 C 18 RW 20
Roy - LW 17 C 18 RW 20
Tesink - LW 20 C 14 RW 18

I could work on the other teams too if you guys want. Just throwing some more info out there in order to get the most accurate database possible.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #47
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHL_GUY View Post
If you need me to provide a complete list of every team's 50-man list, I'd be glad to help.
I'm actually trying to get that from the league, but haven't got a call back. Do you know where I can find? I'm also looking for it for the CCHL and MHL. If you know where to get it for the LHJAAAQ, that would also be great. Tamahu would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Old 04-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #48
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

QMJHL_GUY - I'm guessing you live in the Montreal area.

Old 04-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #49
QMJHL_GUY

Yes I live in Montreal.

I do not have information on where to get those 50-man lists and even if the league provides you with this information, teams' list change all the time.

It would be possible to do it manually with the help of the community. Of course it wouldn't be 100% accurate, but pretty damn close. If you can take into account current rosters, past drafts and trades, you already have a solid base.

Let me know what else I can do.

Last edited by QMJHL_GUY; 04-14-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #50
QMJHL_GUY

I was able to come up with a 53 name list for the Armada just by looking at this season's rosters + the two past drafts. Keep in mind there are some players on there that likely are no longer really on the Armada's list, it's just a matter of figuring out who exactly, which shouldn't be that hard. And even if it is more or less a shot in the dark, worst case scenario if a certain player appears on the Armada for a game, you just add him in in the next roster update.

If my list has 53 names (56 if you count the three overragers Cisse, Giroux and Carrier), you can clean it out by deleting about 13 names from there, and then add in the players that the Armada will draft this summer and that makes quite the accurate list.

If push comes to shove, the LHJMQ website has a pretty decent list of players per team on their website during the offseason, and there's always training camp rosters that will pop up in early August that can help you guys out as well.

I guess it's just a matter of cleaning out some of the more useless names and trying to populate the protected list with kids that were actually drafted by each teams.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #51
QMJHL_GUY

What's interesting is that since the NCAA teams are in the game, lots of players from those teams should show up on CHL's teams' protected list. Will be nice to get those guys in there and try to negociate realistically with them in order to get them on our teams.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #52
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHL_GUY View Post
I was able to come up with a 53 name list for the Armada just by looking at this season's rosters + the two past drafts. Keep in mind there are some players on there that likely are no longer really on the Armada's list, it's just a matter of figuring out who exactly, which shouldn't be that hard. And even if it is more or less a shot in the dark, worst case scenario if a certain player appears on the Armada for a game, you just add him in in the next roster update.
I've sent an e-mail to my media guy at the league and will see if he can find something or I'll call the HO again. I'll tell them that I need it for reporting purposes.

Si tu veux m'envoyer ta liste, tu peux me joindre a info@theqnews.ca.

Merci!

Old 04-15-2013, 12:13 AM   #53
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

I talked with Tamahu tonight. The database that you're using is older and was missing some key things. Should be better for the next update.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:44 AM   #54
QMJHL_GUY

Cool! When's the next update?
Old 04-15-2013, 12:52 AM   #55
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

I'm not sure. Jeff, Sebatien and Malte would know. Merci! Je l'ai reçu.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #56
Tamahu
Bat Boy

The next update will be available next week it seems.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...date-week.html

Guy : The version of the database you have doesnt include the updated version of several teams including Gatineau, Val d'or, Rimouski, Québec, Rouyn Noranda and Sherbrooke. That explains why the ratings for these teams are currently way too low. The next update should make things a lot more accurate.

Sizzlingpopcorn and I are big QMJHL fans but we havnt seen every player in action. If you have more information on specific ratings like faceoffs, agression, temperament, etc. or on the positions like you did for BLB dont hesitate to tell us about it.

Cheers !
Old 04-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #57
Tamahu
Bat Boy

Oh and I live in Montréal too (Rive-sud).
Old 04-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #58
CalgaryCannons
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamahu View Post

The linked post was actually from last Monday (April 8) which implies the larger update should be out this week.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #59
QMJHL_GUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamahu View Post

Guy : The version of the database you have doesnt include the updated version of several teams including Gatineau, Val d'or, Rimouski, Québec, Rouyn Noranda and Sherbrooke. That explains why the ratings for these teams are currently way too low. The next update should make things a lot more accurate.

Sizzlingpopcorn and I are big QMJHL fans but we havnt seen every player in action. If you have more information on specific ratings like faceoffs, agression, temperament, etc. or on the positions like you did for BLB dont hesitate to tell us about it.

Cheers !
I don't get to see every team of course, I'm guessing popcorn who lives in Halifax will be a ton more knowledgeable about the Maritime division than I. But, when I get to look at the next update, if I notice anything that should be changed about players I get to watch often I will let you guys know for sure.

Will be quite a thrill to start a dynasty as a QMJHL general manager with accurate rosters and ratings. Can't wait!
Old 06-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #60
QMJHL_GUY

You can now easily view each team's protected list by going on the QMJHL website and looking at the roster page. This summer, all you have to do is add to that list after the Q draft and the CHL import draft. So no excuses guys!

And don't hesitate if you need any help rating those players.