Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:15 PM   #1
84Hammy
All Star Reserve

Minor League Schedules All Messed Up

Okay so I am still using OOTP 19. My league started with 2018 and it is now April 19, 2020. I play out all my games and I am usually on top of things, but when I went to check on some of the lower minor leagues A+ and A, the schedules either do not exist or the leagues seem to be in some type of playoffs. Lakeland looks to have played 4 games but their record shows are 3-0, with the 4th game seeming to be a the 1st in a playoff series. Rosters are there in all levels of my minors. The game had crashed after I played the major league game on the 17th, so I replaced the dat files and carried on with the next game. This might have ruined my chances for those leagues. So Is there anything I can do other than play out this season and hope to catch the issue in the preseason of the next season? I will definitely keep a close eye on A - and the rookie leagues to make sure schedules are generated. Is there an option to change in the league settings. I notice there is a "Schedule loaded from file" line and these leagues have a file listed. Also if the start date of the A- league is June 18, when is the preseason?
84Hammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 04:04 PM   #2
Bears5122
All Star Reserve

Just an idea. The lower A levels don't start till the end of June I believe. Meaning their preseason isn't till the end of May (when schedules are created). That means in April, it will probably still show the previous seasons results.

I guess what I'm saying is I think it's working correctly and will clear those playoff results and generate a schedule when their preseason begins in May.
Bears5122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:12 PM   #3
84Hammy
All Star Reserve

The problem is that A+ and A ball are effed. They have early April start dates, so I totally missed their preseason; never thought to check schedules but I guess I'll have to add it to the to do list...that along with make a back up at key points of the season, like opening day lol!
Old 08-08-2019, 01:02 AM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i've had this problem in the past. not sure if self-inflicted or not.

not much you can do in season. at the very least you could go per team and schedule some long 1 on 1 series or something. at least limit the effort needed, and the main concern is taken care of - development.

just go schedule an 80-game series for 1/2 the league vs the other half ,lol.... or whatever the longest series is allowed and rinse/repeat until it's enough games.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 06:43 AM   #5
84Hammy
All Star Reserve

Yeah the thing that I worry about is development. What happens to these players who don’t play? I will try to add games somehow.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:10 AM   #6
84Hammy
All Star Reserve

Okay so I was able to add regular season games to the 5 leagues. What I discovered is that the game imported the previous season playoff schedule instead of a regular season one. I will definitely keep my eye on this to see if it works.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:34 PM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

they do develop better with playing time. it wouldn't be catastrophic, but it would be sub-optimal.

it may take time, but you can add entire series at a time. at least give your teams a schedule, lol. if they don't limit you on series lenth, just do 80-140g vs 1 team... no big deal.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 03:34 PM   #8
84Hammy
All Star Reserve

I set up a number of 7 game series It seems to be keeping standings so after 130 games or so I will just schedule playoff games to end the season.