Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 09-01-2015, 06:27 PM   #1
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Schedule Request 36 Team (2S/2D/9T) 162 game schedule

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a 162 game schedule for 36 teams split into 2 subleagues with 9 teams per division. I'm trying to prepare for upcoming expansion to a MLB league (2 teams were previously added). I haven't found a matching schedule.

I'm looking for MLB like, and I'm flexible if something works better, but was thinking:

12 games vs other 8 teams in division (96)
6 games vs other 9 teams in subleague (54)
12 games (four 3 game series) vs 4 teams in other subleague. This could be two teams home and away, or four different teams, whatever is easier.

I have at least a couple weeks before I'll need it.

Thanks in advance!
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 12:56 PM   #2
thehip41
Major Leagues

I can take this one.

For interleague, what I would do is make the teams play the teams in the other league in the same position.

For example.

ALE1 plays NLE1 and NLW1, 6 games each.

so the first place team in the AL east plays the two NL team #1 teams in a home and home (3H/3A)

9th place team in AL plays NLE9 and NLW9

That's how I will proceed as of now, if you prefer something else, let me know and I should be able to get it done.
thehip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:59 PM   #3
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehip41 View Post
I can take this one.

For interleague, what I would do is make the teams play the teams in the other league in the same position.

For example.

ALE1 plays NLE1 and NLW1, 6 games each.

so the first place team in the AL east plays the two NL team #1 teams in a home and home (3H/3A)

9th place team in AL plays NLE9 and NLW9

That's how I will proceed as of now, if you prefer something else, let me know and I should be able to get it done.
That would work great for me. Thank you very much!
Old 09-15-2015, 01:51 PM   #4
dr2113
Bat Boy

Still working on it. Getting closer.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:51 PM   #5
thehip41
Major Leagues

Here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILY_BGN_G162_SL1_D1_T9_D2_T9_SL2_D1_T9_D2_T9_C_HIP.lsdl (165.2 KB, 189 views)
thehip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:46 PM   #6
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehip41 View Post
Here you go.
Thank you very much!!
Old 03-06-2021, 06:06 AM   #7
Adam1394
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I know it's pretty old thread (only one with 2D/9T config), but are there any schedules where divisions switch playing interleague each year?

Like:
NL West vs AL West - 1st year
NL West vs AL East - 2nd year

etc.
Adam1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 10:51 AM   #8
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1394 View Post
I know it's pretty old thread (only one with 2D/9T config), but are there any schedules where divisions switch playing interleague each year?

Like:
NL West vs AL West - 1st year
NL West vs AL East - 2nd year

etc.
The schedule in this thread already has an even split between divisions - each team only has two interleague opponents, one from each division, that are played both home and away. What specs are you looking for?
Ruwisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 12:47 PM   #9
Adam1394
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1st year the whole division plays 1 whole interleague division,
2nd year they play 2nd whole interleague division.

Let's say I have 2 leagues, 4 divisions (NL West, NL East, AL West, AL East).

First year NL West plays teams from NL West & NL East & AL West

Next year they play teams from NL West & NL East & AL East
Adam1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:15 PM   #10
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

Actually, the math works pretty well on that one. You can have 10 games per division opponent, 6 vs. the other division in your league, then that leaves 28 interleague games which is just enough for 3 per team, 4 vs. one of them as a home-and-home.

It works so well that I'm surprised it doesn't already exist - I will give it a go
Old 03-08-2021, 04:30 PM   #11
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

----------
Schedules for 36 teams, 162 games - 2 subleagues, each with 2 divisions of 9 teams each
Interleague YES, balanced games NO
----------
10 games vs. 8 division opponents (4H/6A or 6H/4A)
6 games vs. 9 league opponents (3H/3A)
3 games vs. 8 interleague opponents (3H or 3A)
4 games vs. 1 interleague opponent (2H/2A)
----------
Season starts on the last Thursday in March and ends the last Sunday on or before Oct. 2. This is the same span as a current MLB schedule
Weekday games begin at 7:05 local time, Sundays at 1:05, and Saturdays a mix of times
ASG scheduled for day 111, which is the usual mid-July Tuesday setup
----------
Max homestand/road trip length is 14 games, anything longer than 10 is uncommon.

Two versions to give differing interleague matchups - the first has East vs. East and West vs. West, the second has the opposite.

Both versions have been tested, but not extensively, so there could be things I missed - lemme know if there's anything weird

EDIT: oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Interleague games are all clustered into the first half of the schedule, from late April through the ASG. During that time they'll make up about ~40% of your games - everything after the All-Star break is within your own league
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILY_BGN_G162_99-99_C_01.lsdl (142.4 KB, 73 views)
File Type: lsdl ILY_BGN_G162_99-99_C_02.lsdl (142.4 KB, 74 views)

Last edited by Ruwisc; 03-09-2021 at 12:04 AM.
Old 02-10-2024, 11:49 PM   #12
trimbler25
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruwisc View Post
----------
Schedules for 36 teams, 162 games - 2 subleagues, each with 2 divisions of 9 teams each
Interleague YES, balanced games NO
----------
10 games vs. 8 division opponents (4H/6A or 6H/4A)
6 games vs. 9 league opponents (3H/3A)
3 games vs. 8 interleague opponents (3H or 3A)
4 games vs. 1 interleague opponent (2H/2A)
----------
Season starts on the last Thursday in March and ends the last Sunday on or before Oct. 2. This is the same span as a current MLB schedule
Weekday games begin at 7:05 local time, Sundays at 1:05, and Saturdays a mix of times
ASG scheduled for day 111, which is the usual mid-July Tuesday setup
----------
Max homestand/road trip length is 14 games, anything longer than 10 is uncommon.

Two versions to give differing interleague matchups - the first has East vs. East and West vs. West, the second has the opposite.

Both versions have been tested, but not extensively, so there could be things I missed - lemme know if there's anything weird

EDIT: oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Interleague games are all clustered into the first half of the schedule, from late April through the ASG. During that time they'll make up about ~40% of your games - everything after the All-Star break is within your own league
I know this thread is a few years old now, but is it possible to make this schedule configuration with the interleague matchups randomized year-to-year?
trimbler25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 12:57 PM   #13
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimbler25 View Post
I know this thread is a few years old now, but is it possible to make this schedule configuration with the interleague matchups randomized year-to-year?
If you do nothing else, season-to-season the game will randomly mix up the matchups for a schedule. It does that by, within each division, re-slotting the teams in their relative positions.

That one interleague opponent you play 4 games, you play one team from that division 4 games the next season. Odds are it will be a different team than this season, but in this case of 9-team divisions there is a 1-in-9 chance it is the same team.

Same sort of slot-switching affects the matchups against the other teams played one 3-game series. It is random though, meaning from luck it is not surprising if you play some team in a 3-game series at home multiple years in a row.

So specific to this case, if you stick with one version of the schedule you will get that randomization. That though means keeping the the interleague matchup against the same division every year. If you load a new schedule for a season you get the schedule exactly as define - so alternating between the two versions here would mean playing the same schedule every other year.

It is possible to make more versions that do the randomization, but that would have to be manually done. A randomize button might be a nice feature.