Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 02-01-2014, 11:03 PM   #1
sooner7
Bat Boy

Ai

I have played Puresim for a few years and was thinking about going ahead and Buying OOTP. Just curious how good the Computer AI is.
Is it easy or difficult to win?
Thanks
sooner7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:41 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner7 View Post
I have played Puresim for a few years and was thinking about going ahead and Buying OOTP. Just curious how good the Computer AI is.
Is it easy or difficult to win?
Thanks
That's a good question. For years, some of us would chuckle because every time a new version was released, heck, sometimes just for a patch, Markus would be barking about the "Improved AI!"

Undoubtedly, there have been improvements over the years. It just was difficult to see them sometimes from one version to the next.

However, and I said this just recently here, it is my opinion that version 14 introduced some new level of AI performance by which it became much more difficult to dominate the game after several seasons. One used to see threads titled "Game too easy" and "How to ramp up the challenge?" I'm not seeing those threads with this version.

I can attest from my own experience that I have been UNABLE to consistently dominate my league in OOTP 14, and that is a first for me. I have won, yes, but there have been times when I have stunk for quite a few season in a row, all the while trying my hardest to build a winner.

As it should be - as in real life, where there are no guarantees of a championship no matter how good a GM you are and how much money you spend.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 02-02-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:00 PM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Winning is much harder in 14 then in 11 & 12 when I took the Pirates with an addition, A-Rod, to the WS and the Cubs with Cliff Lee to the WS. Even my good teams fail in the post season in 14.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:44 PM   #4
tayloraj
Minors (Double A)

Gotta agree with the other guys here, the AI in the game has gotten a lot better over the past few versions to the point that, given the right settings (such as setting the trade difficulty to very hard) the game can get legitimately hard to succeed at. I'm running a historical game right now when I suffered through a legitimate 30 year championship drought (1930-1960, when there were only 15 other teams to content with, no less) with only two pennants and lots of losing seasons and failed rebuild jobs, the likes of which I'd never experienced before.
tayloraj is offline   Reply With Quote