Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 01-19-2014, 06:16 PM   #21
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede_06 View Post
Let me change the question...I realize I was not clear...can I start a draft, pause and save, and finish on a different day, my time, not the game's...in other word's, do you have to do the draft in one sitting?
No, you can stop drafting at any time and pick up where you left off. You can also leave the draft screen and study your farm system during the draft. The only thing you can't do is move past draft day before the draft is over, but you can simulate through the end of the draft and let the AI make your picks if you get bored toward the end.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:37 PM   #22
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Let me change the question...I realize I was not clear...can I start a draft, pause and save, and finish on a different day, my time, not the game's...in other word's, do you have to do the draft in one sitting?
Oh, sorry. My fault for misunderstanding your question. Yes indeed, you can save the game mid-draft, end it, restart it, and go right back to where you left off in the draft; look for the Continue Draft button on the lower right of the draft screen.

As a matter of fact, the game will not let you advance a day without finishing the draft, as you see below. I was concerned about forgetting that the draft was incomplete when restarting the game and inadvertently clicking the Finish Today button. So, you have plenty of time to mull over other game aspects, saving and returning to the draft as desired, but you must finish it before advancing the day.

EDIT: Ooops, I see my good buddy Orcin already answered this at the top of the next thread page.
Attached Images

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 01-19-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:03 PM   #23
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

No, you do not. Click the save game button and exit. Then when you come back it's right where you left off.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:24 PM   #24
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK...I am narrowing down the process, and would like to run a few ideas by you, and ask a question or two...

I have narrowed down to three viable scenarios that interest me...
1. Fictional, with 8 major league level teams, and a 2-3 tiered minor league system. I am still waffling on what start-era I would chose.
2. Historical, starting in 1956, ending in 1959, and controlling my Cleveland Indians, so I can get a feel for my favorite player, Rocky Colavito.
3. Custom, taking the Indians in 1901, and moving forward in a purely-fictional "what-if" environment.

Right now, #1 is winning, so that I have no expectations on player performance.

Suggestions?

So here's a question...If I go fictional, and use a draft to fill rosters, can I spread the draft out? In other words, start it one day, and finish over time, as I work a screwy schedule right now.
Yes you can save the draft and come back to it another day IRL.

Start with what you are most familiar with. If playing with Rocky gives you the most fun and you know the other players best then go with that.
1901 is fun also. Fictional can be frustrating if you are not too familiar with the game yet. I did a fictional league when I 1st got 11 and have started and stopped that league 3 times since.
Other then my current league, the 1993 White Sox was my favorite to play.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:51 PM   #25
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

I play online almost exclusively. I purchased the game because I found an online league by accident while looking for an OOTP style football online league. I did not attempt solo until I owned the game for 4 years (versions) or so.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:10 AM   #26
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have narrowed down to three viable scenarios that interest me...
1. Fictional, with 8 major league level teams, and a 2-3 tiered minor league system. I am still waffling on what start-era I would chose.
2. Historical, starting in 1956, ending in 1959, and controlling my Cleveland Indians, so I can get a feel for my favorite player, Rocky Colavito.
3. Custom, taking the Indians in 1901, and moving forward in a purely-fictional "what-if" environment.

Suggestions?
#3 is a major endeavor. Before you even think of trying that, start with #1 and just let it run as a sort of "test" run, maybe 10 years at a time, every so often jumping in to see what's going on, checking on players and who's winning titles, etc. It will give you a good feel of how the game works. Monkey with stuff and don't be afraid to screw things up. It's a TEST... Then do a variation on #2, starting in maybe 1950 and letting the game run, then jumping in and only slightly involving yourself in the Indians in 1956, but be done with your 56-thru-59 era in no more than a few hours, at most. Again, it's just a test... Then go back and determine which scenario you want to start with.

Just suggestions. My theory is that if you try to create your perfect setup/scenario right out of the box, you'll end up finding new cool things along the way and will then end up starting over, wishing you had done things differently.

Good luck!
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote