Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 08-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
tdmsu
Minors (Rookie Ball)

A few more questions...

I searched, but I could not find the answer to this one, I am sorry if it has been answered somewhere before...

We decided that we do not want players to develop in our league - in other words, we don't want their stats to change - we are ok with randomness and other uncertainties in ootp, but not aging and player progression... For example, Babe Ruth starts the year as a career .342 hitter listed under his stats in the editor screen, but by the end of the year, he is a .289 hitter? And just now, after simming year to test, his stats show 1 ab and zeros everywhere else.

The players are still changing based on their stats under the editor, and the October emails to the manager (seen in the screenshot), despite the fact that:

I disabled player development under the player picture and options,
I turned off scouting,
Under strategy, I set all the league modifiers to 1.000

Other possible factors?
I set the year to base the league on at 1977, since that seems to be as neutral as possible compared to other seasons.
I am using a Mac with the latest update installed.
I imported the players from the mods area historical database and baseball-reference.

Any suggestions? The game is not very useful for us if I have to go in every off-season and reset ever player's stats... I don't want to type - I want to play the game.

Thanks again for your patience with this noob!
Attached Images

Last edited by tdmsu; 08-12-2013 at 09:25 PM. Reason: changed mistake on the month development emails are sent.
tdmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #2
fredmanrique
Minors (Single A)

A few more questions...

Posted this same problem on bug report thread, does seem to be an issue for those of us who want to play with development off.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...16#post3547316
fredmanrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:08 PM   #3
tdmsu
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for letting me know I am not the only one Fredmanrique!

This bug could be a deal breaker for the way we play our league...
tdmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:56 AM   #4
mjj55409
All Star Starter

With OOTP, there is no way to turn both player development and playing aging off. You can turn development off, and you can also tweak the aging modifiers (so players age much more slowly). And you can export all the players and reset their age each season. But at this point I'd be questioning why the effort? This type of league, where players are ageless, is better suited for a sim like Diamond Mind.