Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2013, 11:16 PM   #1
JDevil
All Star Reserve

Trading

Has anyone been able to make a trade? When I get into the trade screen I can't add guys to the trade. On a side note it's also very difficult to move guys between lines too. Like if you click on a player to drag him, it just doesn't want to do it.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:31 PM   #2
Saul Goodman
Minors (Double A)

Right click the player and click 'Add Player'
Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #3
Fjohűrs Lykkewe
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDevil View Post
Has anyone been able to make a trade? When I get into the trade screen I can't add guys to the trade. On a side note it's also very difficult to move guys between lines too. Like if you click on a player to drag him, it just doesn't want to do it.
You have to right click the player's name on the trading menu then click add to trade (or something close to that). Adding players to different lines is a bit finicky, but it works in time.

edit: see above.

Last edited by Fjohűrs Lykkewe; 03-04-2013 at 11:34 PM. Reason: see above
Fjohűrs Lykkewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #4
JDevil
All Star Reserve

Alright. I get how to add guys now, but when I click offer trade it brings me to the manager home screen. Ideas?

Last edited by JDevil; 03-05-2013 at 11:43 AM.
JDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
Fjohűrs Lykkewe
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDevil View Post
Alright. I get how to add guys now, but when I click offer trade it brings me to the manager home screen. Ideas?
The other team is thinking the trade over at this point. You need to give it a few days and the other team will send you an e-mail (either "NO WAY" or "ACCEPTED") and then in the bottom right you have to click "Respond" (or something similar) and then click finalize or discuss again depending on the other teams reaction to your offer.
Fjohűrs Lykkewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #6
Austsaint
Minors (Double A)

I am actually enjoying the trading logic, I have had most of my trades rejected and that was even after offering up a lot and having my assistant giving me positive feed back. I like that it isn't easy to get what you want.
Austsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #7
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

I haven't been able to make a fair trade. I have to throw in lots of draft picks to get what i want..
Old 03-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #8
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Trade AI is one of the hardest to do. We know that the Trade AI in FHM needs a lot of tweaking so if you see "bad" trades just give us a heads up and we will make the necessary tweaks.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #9
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

As manager of the Halifax Mooseheads, I was able to trade $3,000 cash for Zabinajad (Ottawa Sens) when he was looking for $1M+. CHL teams shouldn't be able to trade with teams outside of their league.
sizzlingpopcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #10
luisdenice
Bat Boy

I've witnessed a bunch of bad trades so far. Here are two examples:

David Kreijci Vs Rob Flick + 4th round
Sam Gagner Vs Matt Pelech + 4th round

It is a tad frustrating as my advisor, Brian Burke, told me that, in order to get Gagner (a balanced trade), I had to put Nick Bonino, a 1st round and a 2nd round. I decided to pass on such a trade and then the Sharks just stole Gagner from the Oilers. Weird.
luisdenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #11
cannons
Bat Boy

Anybody know how to remove draft picks from the trade window once they have been added to a trade? I am having to exit the trade screen and start a new one because I can't figure out how to remove them.
cannons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #12
GrinningBuddha
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannons View Post
Anybody know how to remove draft picks from the trade window once they have been added to a trade? I am having to exit the trade screen and start a new one because I can't figure out how to remove them.
I'm having this same issue.

On the topic of trade logic, all but one of the trades proposed to me by AI managers have taken the form of *My decent/good Player* for *Their two star player* & a 4th rd pick. The player they offer is a 4th liner or playing on their minor league team. I've yet to find one of these offers even remotely worthwhile.

I get that other managers will lowball you, that's to be expected, but the other managers don't seem to be able to offer anything other than the minor leaguer + 4th rd pick, which is concerning.
GrinningBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:26 AM   #13
NYR1967
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I was able to trade Benn Ferriero and Arron Asham for Sam Gagner - a pretty big steal on my part. And agreeing with the above post - every trade offer I get seems to be a career minor leaguer and a 4th or 5th.
NYR1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #14
GrinningBuddha
Bat Boy

I was able to trade Andy Sutton (37 yr old 7th defenceman) to Detroit for a 3rd round pick, so the computer will do picks for player trades. They were supposedly weak at his position though, so I imagine that has a lot to do with their willingness to trade.
GrinningBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote