Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2018 > MLB Manager - Suggestions

MLB Manager - Suggestions Please help us to improve the game and post your suggestions / ideas in this forum!

Old 04-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
Spharv2
Minors (Double A)

Couple of suggestions

Team finances screen:
Would be nice to have a single screen you can go to to see what team has the money to sign the overpaid veteran I need to dump instead of having to cycle through each team trying to find one that would work.

Sim to date:
I would much prefer this to the "sim to inning" in the games, since I run this more as a GM sim, not a management one. Gets old having to sim week by week when there's no trading action or roster moves to be made. Also wouldn't mind a sim x seasons for fictional leagues so you can start off with some history.

Noticed a good number of PbP glitches, but keep forgetting to get shots. one thing that annoys me when I do manage games, and one reason I don't do it more often, is that it's almost impossible to get a guy to steal a base. If I pick the steal base option, he never goes, always starting and stopping. I have to choose the run & hit option to actually make them move. Annoying.

All in all, great game. Not a huge earth shattering improvement over 11, but a definite improvement. Though I do agree with revcarte about the fonts, I preferred last year's also, and I play on an iPad.
Spharv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:22 AM   #2
jacksparrow
Bat Boy

There's nothing wrong about suggestions. Even though I'm just new in here, that suggestion might a great one.
jacksparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #3
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
pretty sure there's a Force Steal option that makes him go no matter what...
Go Tribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #4
Spharv2
Minors (Double A)

Point is, the steal option is the only one that lets the runner use his judgement, and it never (at least in my play) works. I build my teams for speed, so I have three 10/10 guys. They refuse to steal against anyone. Doesn't matter what the catchers arm rating is, or the pitchers hold rating. They don't go unless I make them by using some kind of force...that's not right.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
Spharv2
Minors (Double A)

Thought of a couple more:

Lock player in (lineup/position) - as I said before, I do mainly GM stuff, so I let the ai handle most of the day to day roster movements, but there are times when I want to say, "you will play this guy". It annoys me when the coach insists on playing a declining vet over my young guy...just not enough to handle all of the fiddly stuff all the time. This would fix that.

I would also love to see additional filters or additional sorting methods on list screens. I rarely use the trade block since most of the players are useless. I use the active player list and find a guys want there and then figure out a deal to make it work. The problem is if I'm looking for say a 2nd baseman. I filter it down to just second basemen, find e guy I want, then look at his defensive ratings and realize that while he CAN play 2nd, he's only got a 1 rating. Useless for my purposes. I want to filter out say, everyone with under a 5 rating at the position, or, alternatively, be able to sort by a primary stat (contact) and a secondary stat (fielding).

Another option, and this should be on its own, because this is one of the most annoying things in the game. When you change the screen view, like from default to batting ratings, to defensive ratings....please, for the love of all that is holy, stop it from resorting the players. 90% of my wasted time in this game is trying to find a particular player I was looking at in a list when I just wanted to compare his fielding to another player. It should keep the same order until I tell it otherwise.

I'm sure I'll think of more. The only reason I complain is because I waste so much damn time on this game.

PS - just thought of one. The ability to tell a team, "I DO NOT WANT THAT PLAYER". Got this one after having to reject seriously 14 offers, a full week and a half of Houston offering me his disgruntled closer for pretty much each and every prospect on my team. I have a closer, don't need another, so stop offering him to me.

Last edited by Spharv2; 04-13-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #6
Spharv2
Minors (Double A)

Couple more things I just remembered that can be a bit irritating. When looking at a player history or some long list of text. You can't scroll far enough down to see the bottom line or two, it is obscured by the bottom buttons.

Also, when you have a long list of messages, say at arbitration time. You cannot scroll the message listing portion of the screen, so any after the first dozen or so cannot be selected.