Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 12:33 PM   #1
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Playoffs

I made the playoffs finally (3rd season).

I have a JD that won the triple crown. So, at the end of the season, I ended up with 12000 PP. So, I bought me a Verlander. He pitches in a few minutes.

To me, that is not real. Signing a free agent after the season ends and he is eligible to play in the playoffs. There should be a cut off that if a player is signed after a certain date, he cannot play in the playoffs.

Don't change it until after my playoffs end.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:40 PM   #2
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedian2004 View Post
I made the playoffs finally (3rd season).

I have a JD that won the triple crown. So, at the end of the season, I ended up with 12000 PP. So, I bought me a Verlander. He pitches in a few minutes.

To me, that is not real. Signing a free agent after the season ends and he is eligible to play in the playoffs. There should be a cut off that if a player is signed after a certain date, he cannot play in the playoffs.

Don't change it until after my playoffs end.
I kind of agree, but doubt it will change because it takes away the incentive to spend money just to win a playoff series.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:46 PM   #3
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

nothing stopping someone from imposing their own restrictions on their team (i.e. - no new players after the season ends/before playoffs begin)... my pack-only team gained enough points for 4 packs this morning... picked up a solid SP to improve my staff, but he's staying on the reserve roster until the season is over and will join the team next year.

congrats on the triple crown... how many points was that worth? (in my league, my Sosa denied another teams JD Martinez the triple crown by beating him out in RBIs, so just wondering how many points I prevented him from getting)
Old 01-06-2019, 12:50 PM   #4
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Just before the last Beta WS, I spent my 1000 bonus on a pack and pulled Chris Sale and Aaron Judge in the same pack. I probably would have won anyway, but I stomped the other team with 2-0 Chris Sale and series MVP Judge. That shouldn't happen. I'm not for your level of roster deadlines, but I believe in a set playoff roster with no changes after the WC games start.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:51 PM   #5
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Looking for First Playoff Win

My Port Ruppert Mundys come off two Bronze disappointments, losing the Wild Card game the first year, and getting swept as a Division winner the second. The team wasn't quite up to the challenge in Silver, but will try again next year.

Both the Kakoola Reapers and Aceldama Butchers won their Bronze Divisions, so I'm hoping to get a least one playoff before they're off to Silver.

By the way, anybody got a Jim Bouton they can drop in the AH? I has a senior moment and quick sold him when cleaning out my cards. I remember "Ball Four," having read it numerous times. Hell, I even remember (vaguely) the crappy TV show they made of it. He was actually very good and really funny doing local sports in New York back in the day. He's the only below Bronze historic player I've seen so far.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 01-06-2019 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:07 PM   #6
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
nothing stopping someone from imposing their own restrictions on their team (i.e. - no new players after the season ends/before playoffs begin)... my pack-only team gained enough points for 4 packs this morning... picked up a solid SP to improve my staff, but he's staying on the reserve roster until the season is over and will join the team next year.

congrats on the triple crown... how many points was that worth? (in my league, my Sosa denied another teams JD Martinez the triple crown by beating him out in RBIs, so just wondering how many points I prevented him from getting)

I agree with your philosophy. Since I am building my teams only using players who began their careers before 2000, they are players I watched (from 1960 to about 2001) or read about (read every baseball book, fiction and non-fiction in four different libraries as a kid). I tend to get attached to them and just can't see dropping one who helped me succeed.

I like to spend (early) Sunday evening trying to tweak my roster for next year. Given my 0-4 playoff game record, after lunch would suffice.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:57 PM   #7
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

JD gave me 5,000 for the Triple Crown. 400 for HR champ, 400 for batting champ and nothing for RBI champ.

I got Verlander for 8,000. He allowed 4 runs in the 5th and I lost 4-3.

I got eliminated when Orel pitched 8 innings, 3 hits and no runs in game 4. My pen blew it.. during the year, I was #1 in starters and reliever's ERA.

I was also in the top 5 on offense. This team is not going away!

BTW, the other team had a guy that he picked up after the season and before the playoffs. I know it because he had no season record this year, just like Verlander.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:57 AM   #8
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

This has been discussed already several times and dismissed. Things like playoff roster restrictions could halt the simulation and mess up rosters (eg when the user has to remove players from the roster because they do not qualify).
Closed Thread