Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 01-26-2007, 03:08 PM   #1
remington
Minors (Double A)

Releasing players and DFA

A bug that has become a problem for me results from releasing a player.

When you release a player, the game asks if you want to put the player on waivers prior to release. Well heck yeah! I won't have to eat his contract if someone claims him!

Yeah, thing is, when no one claims him because he sucks so bad, he just sits there. Then you hit simulate and the game tells you he needs released. Now I go to this team and release the player. I return to the schedule, hit sim, and find someone else did the same thing.

If there are any future bug fixes for OOTP6.5, could we get the game to actually release the player once they clear waivers? Please?
NTBL - Commish - Chicago Cubs (1918 - present)
remington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:50 AM   #2
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

If you're playing in commissioner mode and in Online League mode, you have to enable "Allow Owners to release players" in the online league setup. Then individual GM's can release players on thier own.

If you're not in online mode, make sure that all of the teams in question are being run by the AI and you won't have to deal with this.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:40 AM   #3
remington
Minors (Double A)

It is an Online League and full. I have enabled "Allow Owners to release players".

The problem is, if an owner releases a player with a ML contract, they are prompted by the game to 'put player on waivers prior to release?' If they answer yes, which from my experience, you'd be crazy not to, the player gets put on the DFA. Once the player clears waivers, nothing happens, they stay on DFA until something is done with them manually. The game should place them on waivers, once they clear waivers, release them since that is what you did in the first place.
NTBL - Commish - Chicago Cubs (1918 - present)
remington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:48 PM   #4
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by remington View Post
It is an Online League and full. I have enabled "Allow Owners to release players".

The problem is, if an owner releases a player with a ML contract, they are prompted by the game to 'put player on waivers prior to release?' If they answer yes, which from my experience, you'd be crazy not to, the player gets put on the DFA. Once the player clears waivers, nothing happens, they stay on DFA until something is done with them manually. The game should place them on waivers, once they clear waivers, release them since that is what you did in the first place.
I agree. OOTP 2007 can do this but 6.x and other versions all need the commissioner to manually go through the teams and do manual releases prior to sims...unfortunately.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote