Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-10-2014, 09:16 AM   #1
smiller
Major Leagues

The Walking Dead

While playing the 2013 season, I noticed that a number of clubowners dropped dead, but when I looked them up on the Internet, they were still alive and kicking. It made the game interesting, but does anyone else find it more than a little weird?

In the same vein, had a player's injury partially attributed to his having an affair which may have led to his not getting enough rest, etc. Has anyone else had this happen and did that player have a similar incident in real life? Again, I checked him on the Internet and could find no reference (sorry, but I can't remember his name, but I believe he plays for the Angels).
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:33 AM   #2
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

You will drive yourself crazy if you continue to google everything that happens in OOTP to see if it happened in real life. Just remember, OOTP is a game. The owners dying aspect of the game is a cool thing, but needs to be 1000 times toned down. If you aren't a fan of odd player occurrences you can always turn off storylines.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:43 PM   #3
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Where's BETH?????

Oh wait, this thread is not about that. NM then.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:50 PM   #4
BradC
All Star Starter

Beth is with some dude in a car. Or maybe she's now in one of those railroad cars.

So, um, anyway, yeah, you can turn story lines off, if you want. They're random, so basically they use templates and fill in player names based on a virtual roll of the dice. There's no correlation between them and what a player might or might do in reality.

Now way to turn off owners dying, though. And I agree it should be toned down a bit.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote