Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-03-2014, 07:21 PM   #1
Death2Life
Bat Boy

Question Questions I have been dying to ask....

... but haven't had time until now.

1) Why does my AI manager always use the closer in the 9th inning even if it is not a save situation?

2) What is up with players names made up of strange characters instead of letters. Has Prince somehow influenced the development of this game? Just kidding about Prince.

3) Why has my scout never found a quality prospect from another country and I have played about 15 seasons so far. The players always only have a MLB potential of 0.5 or 1.0 stars. I use highly rated scouts and spend above average on my scouting budget?

3B) How long should the kids stay in my international pool? These discovered international prospects are tricky for me to develop. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by Death2Life; 04-03-2014 at 07:36 PM.
Death2Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:30 PM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Life View Post
... but haven't had time until now.

1) Why does my AI manager always use the closer in the 9th inning even if it is not a save situation?

2) What is up with players names made up of strange characters instead of numbers. Has Prince somehow influenced the development of this game? Just kidding about Prince.

3) Why has my scout never found a quality prospect from another country and I have played about 15 seasons so far. The players always only have a MLB potential of 0.5 or 1.0 stars. I use highly rated scouts and spend above average on my scouting budget?

3B) How long should the kids stay in my international pool? These discovered international prospects are tricky for me to develop. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.
I can only answer 1.

That may be your AI managers tendency. From what I see a some do and most don't. Another reason may be that the closer has not been used and several other pitchers are tired. The last and worst reason may be that the AI manager does not see him as the closer. This frustrates me a lot. I have had to trade pitchers because the AI won't use them.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:59 PM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

As far as #2 your player name database might be corrupt. Re import names.
Attached Images
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:28 PM   #4
Baseballman2K5
Major Leagues

I've been simming about 22 years and have had one success from international signees, I'd guess out of about 50-60 people my scout has found. He is currently 19 and getting about 5 starts in my OF per week, with good ratings. It seems to be pretty rare to find anything worth while out of your international complex. Generally if their ratings are somewhat decent for a rookie-ball player i'll put them there once they reach 17 or 18 years old.
Baseballman2K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:53 AM   #5
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, international discoveries aren't supposed to be great; it's a very rare thing to find a good one. I'm not even sure if you'll ever find one who's a legit prospect right off the bat. That's why you keep them in the International Complex until one gets a talent boost and suddenly shows potential.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:49 AM   #6
yawgmoth
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballman2K5 View Post
I've been simming about 22 years and have had one success from international signees, I'd guess out of about 50-60 people my scout has found.
Are you saying in 22 seasons your scout has only found 50-60 international prospects? That's seems really low to me as my scout finds so many (about one a month) I have to go through my international complex every year just to make sure I have under 50 in there at any given time to allow for other prospects to sign. In my current season I am only 7 or 8 years in and have already had 100+ international finds with a couple decent and one potential all-star prospect.
yawgmoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:57 AM   #7
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawgmoth View Post
Are you saying in 22 seasons your scout has only found 50-60 international prospects? That's seems really low to me as my scout finds so many (about one a month) I have to go through my international complex every year just to make sure I have under 50 in there at any given time to allow for other prospects to sign. In my current season I am only 7 or 8 years in and have already had 100+ international finds with a couple decent and one potential all-star prospect.
The amount of International Scouting Discoveries is adjustable in league setup, so your setting may be different from Baseballman2K5. Could be why you're seeing a lot more than him.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:13 AM   #8
ConStar
Minors (Triple A)

One of my big questions about this game also has to do with the International Complex guys, when it's best to move them up. As in, if you don't move them up fast enough, do they regress? Or would leaving a borderline guy in the complex longer allow him to develop more?

I've got two guys in the complex that are worth watching right now. One is a current 1-star/potential 3-star and the other guy is a current 1/potential 5. I want to do what's best for them and not screw something up.
ConStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:51 AM   #9
yawgmoth
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConStar View Post
One of my big questions about this game also has to do with the International Complex guys, when it's best to move them up. As in, if you don't move them up fast enough, do they regress? Or would leaving a borderline guy in the complex longer allow him to develop more?

I've got two guys in the complex that are worth watching right now. One is a current 1-star/potential 3-star and the other guy is a current 1/potential 5. I want to do what's best for them and not screw something up.
This topic has come up a lot in recent posts here and in the OOTP15 forum. It seems like a lot of people leave the players in the international complex until they are forced to be moved up at age 20 unless there is a stud sitting there that looks like they may be ready for game action. Personally, I will only consider bringing someone up to rookie ball at the earliest age 18 and even then their current ratings need to be competitive with what is on the roster already and have a decent potential (3 1/2 star). Otherwise I let them languish until they are 20 and then release or use them to plug holes in the low minors since most of these players aren't worth the imaginary ink that takes the space up on the international complex page. You have to keep in mind that when you place the player in your organization outside of the international complex their professional clock starts and they can only be in your organization for 4 years before they are eligible for free agency. Keeping them in the international complex would give you 'free' development years without starting the professional clock. I don't believe that the length of time the player is in the international complex effects development but someone can correct me if I am wrong. I haven't noticed anything at least.
yawgmoth is offline   Reply With Quote