Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 04-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #41
tayloraj
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for looking into that...park factors have always been one of my fascinations with the game, getting to watch guys put up ridiculous stat lines in the Baker Bowl or other really unusual parks.

Also, I've been over to OOTPmods and although it says that your DB is corrected and its update date is today, 4/22, when I download the file it still contains only the historical database odb file last modified on 4/17.
tayloraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #42
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

The one showing is still the old one. I let them know...

As for the park factors...

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ark-files.html

Those should be up soon enough...

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #43
tayloraj
Minors (Double A)

The updated DB is on OOTPmods and appears to be working properly; thanks so much for your help with this whole situation!
tayloraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #44
Dean Gordon
Major Leagues

I am probably doing something completely wrong, since its been so long since I installed a database, but when I use this, no Negro League players.

Going to assume I download it, extract it, and then tell the game, in the preferences screen, where the database folder is... right?

I couldnt find installation instructions anywhere, so apologies in advance if this is covered extensively in a FAQ that I completely missed...
Dean Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #45
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Markus undooded the OOTP14 database changes so now the old databases will still work. Yay!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
Will a modded one that currently works for 12, and (according to other posts) will not work for 13, now work for 14?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
I would say no.
Is this because the format/content of the csv files that work for 12 will not work for 14? Or because it would need an ODB file? Or?

If I like the database/csv files I'm using in 12 but want to move to 14, do I have any options (other than staying w 12 or giving up on my db)?

Thanks in advance
thehef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #46
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Gordon View Post
I am probably doing something completely wrong, since its been so long since I installed a database, but when I use this, no Negro League players.

Going to assume I download it, extract it, and then tell the game, in the preferences screen, where the database folder is... right?

I couldnt find installation instructions anywhere, so apologies in advance if this is covered extensively in a FAQ that I completely missed...
What are you trying to do with it? Random Debut? What year did you start with? You will see very few Negro League players per year. I am in the 4th yr ina Random Debut 1901 league and I have i think 4 so far. Satchel Paige was in the Inaugural draft. None in the 1901 Ammy Draft. Buck O'Neill in the 1902 Ammy Draft. Pop Lloyd in 1903 and not sure on the last.
The Baseball Guru - NEGRO LEAGUES REGISTER by Bill Burgess

For a new league Go to advanced options (where you see show summary) and navigate your way to the DB you want to use and select either the master.cvs or historical database.odb (i use master .cvs for both Spritz & Gambo). For an existing league under League setup - Historical do a ctrl-c to copy your stat folder line and a ctrl-v to paste it. Here is mine for Gambo's DB.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\OOTP 11 DL\GamboSpritzeOOTP12
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:52 PM   #47
Dean Gordon
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
What are you trying to do with it? Random Debut? What year did you start with? You will see very few Negro League players per year. I am in the 4th yr ina Random Debut 1901 league and I have i think 4 so far. Satchel Paige was in the Inaugural draft. None in the 1901 Ammy Draft. Buck O'Neill in the 1902 Ammy Draft. Pop Lloyd in 1903 and not sure on the last.
The Baseball Guru - NEGRO LEAGUES REGISTER by Bill Burgess

For a new league Go to advanced options (where you see show summary) and navigate your way to the DB you want to use and select either the master.cvs or historical database.odb (i use master .cvs for both Spritz & Gambo). For an existing league under League setup - Historical do a ctrl-c to copy your stat folder line and a ctrl-v to paste it. Here is mine for Gambo's DB.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\OOTP 11 DL\GamboSpritzeOOTP12
Got it.. .thanks...
Old 04-24-2013, 03:13 AM   #48
Dean Gordon
Major Leagues

N/M ... solved

Last edited by Dean Gordon; 04-24-2013 at 03:18 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:01 AM   #49
ezpkns34
All Star Reserve

Gambo, used your DB for a 1992 league & in the first draft it seems like about 2/3 - 3/4 of the players (including the higher rated ones) are fictional

Is this normal/to be expected?
ezpkns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:01 AM   #50
Aumakua
Major Leagues

So in the actual .csv files what is the difference between batting and batting2, I always thought it was actual vs neutralized stats, but the file sizes on all the "2" files is 3X as large and has 3X more rows...

I am just curious as I was thinking of editing these (and using the master file for imports instead of the .odb).

Thanks
Aumakua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #51
ezpkns34
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezpkns34 View Post
Gambo, used your DB for a 1992 league & in the first draft it seems like about 2/3 - 3/4 of the players (including the higher rated ones) are fictional

Is this normal/to be expected?
Found the issue. At the end of the season (after the initial draft pool was released), I altered the draft date (from Nov 1 to Nov 20) to allow the expansion draft to happen first. Dunno why that made the game add a lot of fictional players, but it did
ezpkns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #52
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aumakua View Post
So in the actual .csv files what is the difference between batting and batting2, I always thought it was actual vs neutralized stats, but the file sizes on all the "2" files is 3X as large and has 3X more rows...

I am just curious as I was thinking of editing these (and using the master file for imports instead of the .odb).

Thanks
The 2 files are what is actually used for import. When using neutered stats the regular .csv are only used for informational / historical information.

The reason for files 3x larger? Simply the regular csv only have real major league statistics for major leaguers. The neuts have stats for their entire careers and for all the players in the database.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
Old 04-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #53
Aumakua
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
The 2 files are what is actually used for import. When using neutered stats the regular .csv are only used for informational / historical information.

The reason for files 3x larger? Simply the regular csv only have real major league statistics for major leaguers. The neuts have stats for their entire careers and for all the players in the database.

Thanks, so if I want to edit the files I should edit the "2" files and just ignore the regular files, move the .odb from the file folder so the game doesn't read that and then import my players using the master.csv? And if reading your reply correctly I should import using neutralized stats and not real life?

What I am looking to do is take some players who had injury shortened careers and fill them in with fictional stats as if they played a full 15-20 years, plus take some guys from the juice era and tone them down as well, then when importing players I want to set potential as "career totals". I think it will have a better effect than using "peak seasons" as some guys with 3-4 good years will have potention the same as Ted Williams... I am only planning on importing about 200-250 players starting in 1900 through present day with the rest of the league being fictional.

Last edited by Aumakua; 04-25-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Aumakua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #54
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

You got it.

I also hav done the same thing but what I typically do is delete the lines after the player got hurt. This allows the game engine to take over and the player will develop accordingly.

And an FYI in case u didn't notice the park factor issue was fixed in the patch

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 04-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #55
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Just wanted to bump my questions from 10 posts above (http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3489705) and re-ask:

Is this because the format/content of the csv files that work for 12 will not work for 14? Or because it would need an ODB file? Or?

If I like the database/csv files I'm using in 12 but want to move to 14, do I have any options (other than staying w 12 or giving up on my db)?

Thanks

Last edited by thehef; 04-26-2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: left out a letter
Old 04-27-2013, 01:20 AM   #56
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
Just wanted to bump my questions from 10 posts above (http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3489705) and re-ask:

Thanks
From what I can tell there shouldn't be a problem.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 04-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #57
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Newest Spritze db in the usual place. Has the fields back that got removed by Markus and later put back in OOTP14. Also has 2011 and 2012 players with new fake minorleague stats and about 200 more 1930-1945 players updated plus a few fixes.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #58
plannine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Newest Spritze db in the usual place. Has the fields back that got removed by Markus and later put back in OOTP14. Also has 2011 and 2012 players with new fake minorleague stats and about 200 more 1930-1945 players updated plus a few fixes.
I get the message "550 The system cannot find the file specified" when trying to get the file from the usual place.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:56 AM   #59
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Hey Gambo, I'm not sure I understand... In post #18 (http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3486193) of this thread you seem to indicated that my modded db that works in 12 would not work in 14. However, in post #56 (http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3492209) you indicate that there shouldn't be a problem... ;-)

Please clarify. Thanks!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:46 AM   #60
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

The databases for OOTP12 should work in OOTP14 without any problems. There was initially some confusion that there were changes in OOTP14 that would render the old ones unusable but Markus reverted to the original setup.

OOTP MODS:
available at...