Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 02-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #161
Recte44
Global Moderator

Is there any way to change the default time zone setting (for draft)?
Old 02-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #162
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recte44 View Post
Is there any way to change the default time zone setting (for draft)?
I plan to add the option in the next release
Getch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #163
MBarrett
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by soadeathdealer View Post
question when i goto the below places i see the dates dont match in the blocks and no development reports since april tho i thought i saw a few different prospects pop up in the prospects list . but the players on the teams dont show any development since april and we are in june not sure the issue do i need to do anything in ootp or get the development to push to the csv's ? just not sure how to fix it i guess is my issue . any thoughts?

Development admin
Info
Last Development Update Sat Dec 15 23:31:34 2012
Current Time Sat Dec 15 23:50:53 2012
League Date of Last Development 2013-4-8
Current Date in CSV Files 2013-4-8

last sim admin
Info
Last Update of Sim Report Sat Dec 15 23:29:41 2012
Current Time Sat Dec 15 23:45:39 2012
League Date of Sim Reports 2013-4-8
Current Date in CSV Files 2013-4-8
The FSL is experiencing a similar issue. There's no data showing in the Development tab, everything else in OU seems to be working perfectly. I even re-installed the entire program hoping that would fix it and nothing.
MBarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #164
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBarrett View Post
The FSL is experiencing a similar issue. There's no data showing in the Development tab, everything else in OU seems to be working perfectly. I even re-installed the entire program hoping that would fix it and nothing.
Looks like you just had your opening day sim... the very first time you run development nothing will show up since OU is just creating baseline ratings to compare against. The second sim is when you start seeing development. It looks like the baseline development file was created (cgi-bin/OOTPOU/development/prevRatings.txt), so see what happens on the next sim and let me know.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #165
MBarrett
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getch View Post
Looks like you just had your opening day sim... the very first time you run development nothing will show up since OU is just creating baseline ratings to compare against. The second sim is when you start seeing development. It looks like the baseline development file was created (cgi-bin/OOTPOU/development/prevRatings.txt), so see what happens on the next sim and let me know.
Ok thanks Getch. I re-installed OU after our 1st sim but before our 2nd, so I guess we'll wait and see if anything changes after our 3rd.
MBarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #166
sjshaw
Minors (Triple A)

Feature request for a future release... could you add a "Race for the #1 Draft Pick"-type screen where all teams are sorted by wins, least to most, and a "games back" column is displayed?
sjshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #167
strzepeksc
All Star Reserve

Will this work in OOTP14 ?

Is there a new Utilities coming out for OOTP14?

Will the current one work as is for OOTP14 ?
strzepeksc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:46 PM   #168
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by strzepeksc View Post
Is there a new Utilities coming out for OOTP14?

Will the current one work as is for OOTP14 ?
Yes, there will be a OOTP 14 version. Pretty sure the OOTP 13 version won't work on OOTP 14 though.

Actually, I'm wrapping up some new features on the OOTP 13 branch, and then I'll do a quick port to OOTP 14. I'm hoping both versions will be out this week. Would be out by now but taxes + me and my family being sick nailed me the past 2 weeks.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #169
congotim
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Yes, there will be a OOTP 14 version. Pretty sure the OOTP 13 version won't work on OOTP 14 though.

Actually, I'm wrapping up some new features on the OOTP 13 branch, and then I'll do a quick port to OOTP 14. I'm hoping both versions will be out this week. Would be out by now but taxes + me and my family being sick nailed me the past 2 weeks.
Any updates? I jumped the gun and tried StatsLab for 14 and it is making me unhappy LOL
congotim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #170
Getch
All Star Reserve

OOTP OU version 5.1.1 released! Lots of stuff in this one:

Features
  • The Ratings utility is now a brand new Stats utility. While you can still search for ratings, it now has full searching capabilities for players statistics for the current season, historical totals, and historical season totals. Support for all sorts of filters and different ways to view the data, such as player stats over a span of a dates, versus teams, searching by league or division, and searching by any stat or rating the player might possess. See it in action here.
  • A new teams stats utility that has the same ability to search for current season, historical totals, and historical season totals for teams
  • Included in the Stats utility is also a new Milestone tracker, to watch players reach and surpass various milestones
  • Note that the Playoff Odds report is moved from Last Sim to Stats utility
  • A new Cumulative Development utility to view the total development of players over any given timeframe. Support for viewing by team or by draft class. Now you can easily see who is and who is not developing on your team/draft class in one report. See it in action here.

Bugs/Enhancements
  • Added the ability to shift the league's timezone on the Admin page and user Profile page. Used only for the draft timer, but helpful if you are not in the same timezone as the server
  • Added preferences for the default behavior/settings of the Gamecast in the user Profile page
  • Added the ability to view the Last Sim Stat's page by division and league in addition to by teams
  • Improved the "Clean Up Reused ID's" in the development admin page (note that first time you run this may take a long time/time out since it is doing a far better job now. Trust me, it's working)
  • Fixed some issues with generating the Hall of Fame ballot
  • Since it has been requested a lot, you are able to search for Rule V eligible players in the Player Stats utility, using a special filter in the list (Rule V Eligible > 0)
  • Various other minor fixes I forgot I did

As part of these changes, the following csv files are required:

players_roster_status
team_batting_stats
team_history_batting_stats
team_pitching_stats
team_history_pitching_stats

No special instructions for installation, just the usual unzip in the cgi-bin folder. Note that many of the Stats utilities require you to run Last Sim for them to start working (some caching of stats is handled in Last Sim generation, for performance reasons), so rerun Last Sim after install.

These updates are for OOTP 13. The OOTP 14 version is coming up next. The first release will just be a simple port of the OOTP 13 version, without taking advantage of the new features OOTP 14 has to offer. This will happen this week.

Remember, all of this is free, but donations are great way to motivate me to do more. I believe I made $26 on all of this in the past year. There's a reason why updates have been less frequent

Last edited by Getch; 04-22-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #171
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

Re: Online Utilities (OU) for OOTP 13

I get more money at end of may for college and all that so will donate some as editing and learning perl Thu ur utlity helps me learn so can mark it off as learning tool lol. But thanks for an always great utlity . One question tho can u make a finish draft button that will take into account the gms draft settings ie auto from list ,auto,use list if time expires. I do my entire draft in the utlity as I import it back into the game and its mins a pain they way it is now

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Leagues

OOTP

POTD: Vermont/Co-Commish
MTBL: League Closed
The Show: Jacksonville Bombers
RFTP : Braves/co-commish: League Closed
HRBL: Commish: League Closed

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

USFL: New Orleans

DDSCF

SNCFL: Florida/ JMU
soadeathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #172
sjshaw
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Remember, all of this is free, but donations are great way to motivate me to do more. I believe I made $26 on all of this in the past year. There's a reason why updates have been less frequent
Your "donate" link is broken (as far as I can tell).
Old 04-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #173
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshaw View Post
Your "donate" link is broken (as far as I can tell).
Donate link is at the bottom of every OU page. Looks to be working fine for me.

Quote:
One question tho can u make a finish draft button that will take into account the gms draft settings ie auto from list ,auto,use list if time expires.
Nuts, this was one of the enhancements I meant to add and forgot. I'll put it near the top of the list for the next release.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #174
sjshaw
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Donate link is at the bottom of every OU page. Looks to be working fine for me.
Ah, I missed that. I meant the underlined "donate!" in your first post in this thread, which I only now understand was not meant to be a link. Money coming your way from the FOBL.

Just repeating this in case you get a chance to add this feature:

Quote:
Feature request for a future release... could you add a "Race for the #1 Draft Pick"-type screen where all teams are sorted by wins, least to most, and a "games back" column is displayed?

Last edited by sjshaw; 04-23-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #175
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshaw View Post
Ah, I missed that. I meant the underlined "donate!" in your first post in this thread, which I only now understand was not meant to be a link. Money coming your way from the FOBL.

Just repeating this in case you get a chance to add this feature:
Much appreciated

You can get this by going to Stats -> Teams and sort the pitching stats by losses. Not a dedicated screen but you see how it all unfolding,
Old 04-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #176
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

Re: Online Utilities (OU) for OOTP 13

Quote:

Nuts, this was one of the enhancements I meant to add and forgot. I'll put it near the top of the list for the next release.
Thank you , its a pain to do 20 rds other wise lol

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Leagues

OOTP

POTD: Vermont/Co-Commish
MTBL: League Closed
The Show: Jacksonville Bombers
RFTP : Braves/co-commish: League Closed
HRBL: Commish: League Closed

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

USFL: New Orleans

DDSCF

SNCFL: Florida/ JMU
soadeathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #177
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

So, i'm doing everything the way I have been for the past 6-months, exporting the CSV files, uploading them using filezilla, generating new develpment reports... except it's not updating them again. The first time it just put more reports in the Feb. 17th column and on the second time around, it just didn't update anything as far as I can see.

Any suggestions?
splantiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #178
Recte44
Global Moderator

Getch- it seems to be pulling the player pictures from the main images directory, and not from the subdirectories. Any way to fix this easily?
Old 04-26-2013, 03:54 AM   #179
SFSUGatorAlum
Minors (Single A)

Maybe someone can help me out here. Hopefully at least.

So the problem with historical leagues is that the draft pools are painfully thin. I tried to remedy this problem this past offseason by introducing a high school feeder league to help bolster the draft class with the idea being that the high schoolers that were ready to enter the draft would mingle with the pros that automatically enter the draft in historical league settings.

This worked perfectly in the game. I had a draft pool of about 1000 players, 230 of which were real life historical players (1991 debut draft if you're curious) and 700 or so 18 year old fictional players.

I exported the draft class to excel in a .csv file, just like I've done the past few years, double checked that there was 1000 players in the file, there was, and went to import it into the utility like normal.

And the only players that imported were the 700 or so high schoolers and any major leaguers that did not sign after being drafted the previous year (1990) debut draft).

This was not an issue with the feeder age, as I could change the age in the panel and the only thing that would change would be the amount of high schoolers I got, nothing I did would get the pros from 1991 to import over.

Even after deleting and re-installing and upgrading the players just simply do not want to import over and I'm at a loss of what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Edit: I should clarify this is the first draft with the feeder players mixed in. The other previous drafts have been straight historicals ~250 players per class and those have gone off without a hitch

Last edited by SFSUGatorAlum; 04-26-2013 at 03:56 AM.
SFSUGatorAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #180
BleedingCubbyBlue
All Star Reserve

Updated to 5.1.1 and getting a 500 error now when updating Last Sim. Dev updates fine.

BleedingCubbyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote