Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 08-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #1
Zweiblumen
Major Leagues

"Add a complete feeder league system"

I've been playing with this menu option a little bit and I'm concerned that it is adding way too many teams in the feeders that it creates, especially at the HS level.

I have an 8 team league with 35 rounds of draft, which would suggest 46 or 47 teams in my feeder structure according to the suggested rule of thumb from the manual and the forums.

The menu option to add the complete system created a college league with 16 teams and a high school league with 68 teams for a total of 82. I'm going to sim things out for a while as is and see how large the draft classes are just to be sure, but I'm thinking this is going result in draft classes much larger than I'm looking for.

What would you trust more: the suggestion from the manual or the league structure as created by the in-game option?

Related question: if you run a league for a long time with draft classes created that are far larger than the number of rounds, would you expect to have many more stars? The best 1% of players will be a larger number of players as you increase draft class size, I'm guessing? I guess I should run this league along side a similarly structured league that doesn't use feeders for a while and see how the results differ...
Zweiblumen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:12 AM   #2
battists
Hall Of Famer

I had this same concern. Using this option I end up with thousands of FAs once a few years have passed. I actually spoke to Markus about this, though, and here is what he said:

"I designed it so that the league quality remains balanced, the number of FAs is just a side effect that does not hurt. I mean, in real life you have all those guys playing in independent ball, so it should be ok..."

Hope this helps!
Old 08-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #3
Zweiblumen
Major Leagues

Ok....I guess I'm not too worried either then, except for having lots of useless guys cluttering up the FA pool and making my save files bigger and AI decisions that much slower. Is there a way to put these guys to any use? If I create other independent leagues will they find their ways into them somehow, or does each independent league have its own FA pool?
Old 08-08-2014, 12:27 PM   #4
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

It depends on how you set things up. You have an option under financials to select allow FA from other leagues and to allow FAs to leave league. This will help but I am not sure how the player creation process works. Each year new players are created. I am not sure exactly how this works. So the problem could be adding indies creates even more players. I am not 100% on this though. I am not sure how the game creates new players each year but it think it is done by league.

One thing I have noticed is scrubs not picked up by anyone but that are still young never seem to retire. This is part of why you find so much clutter. Guys says hey I will keep trying to get a minor league contract until I am 30! A little more hands on solution is to turn off scouting. Then go into commissioner mode. You can then delete a bunch of the scrubs who have no potential. I don't think you can mass delete in the free agent pool though.

Last edited by Biggio509; 08-08-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:30 PM   #5
battists
Hall Of Famer

Yes, if you create independent leagues, they will definitely go there. I am not much of an expert on independent leagues, though, so you might want to get some advice about how to set that up. I am pretty sure you want to set it up to have much lower skill level, otherwise free agents that you want for your league may choose to sign in the independent league. There might be a money factor you should tweak too.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:29 PM   #6
munstermash
Minors (Triple A)

I think i remember reading about a setting that you can stop leagues from creating new players.

If that is the case you could set the Indy team not to create players forcing it to sign all the FA's.

That sounds kind of interesting.
munstermash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:59 PM   #7
Zweiblumen
Major Leagues

I played with this a little bit today and it does seem to mostly work. One thing is that you can't seem to create a league totally empty, so when you first create the indy league it will be prepopulated with its own players, but subsequently if you shut off all the drafting/fa generation etc, they start to sign players from your FA pool.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:12 PM   #8
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweiblumen View Post
I played with this a little bit today and it does seem to mostly work. One thing is that you can't seem to create a league totally empty, so when you first create the indy league it will be prepopulated with its own players, but subsequently if you shut off all the drafting/fa generation etc, they start to sign players from your FA pool.
Couldn't you create the league then mass select and delete all the players?

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:55 AM   #9
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
Couldn't you create the league then mass select and delete all the players?
Yes, he can do that.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote