Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-18-2014, 02:18 PM   #41
thenewchuckd
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just to say that I have the same issue with the AI demoting my locked players and I find it very annoying. I was hoping it would be fixed with the latest version of the game but no dice. I have three very good prospects right now and want them at A or AA but the AI keeps demoting them to rookie league.

I checked, they have the locked icon when I look at the transactions page. Same as the guy above I have the AI handling my signings/promotions and the signings and releases.

Actually even more annoying, with OOTP14, it would occasionally happen over the course of the season where the AI will demote these guys even when I am set to handle the signings/promotions. I hope this is fixed in 15 but I guess since very few people see this, then maybe not.
thenewchuckd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:57 PM   #42
Nunyer
All Star Reserve

I tend to manage all my minor league stuff, not so much because I distrust the AI, but just because it has never been something that I ever found to be a drain. Heck, the AI probably would do a better job than I would... but where is the fun in that?

Very infrequently will I promote / demote prospects within a season. I give my minor league stats a look once a month and maybe make a handful of moves if warranted. I tend not to pour over every lineup and rotation... click on "ask bench coach/manager", tweak as needed and then move along. In my experience micromanagement just doesn't seem to make a lot of difference. There seem to be so many variables in whether a prospect makes it or not, any desire I had to truly micromanage started to seem pointless to me years ago. Some guys make it, some don't. Lots of reasons why... but having a guy spend half a season one level too high/low has never struck me as this huge contributing factor in their overall development.

So tl;dr... manage it yourself, no need to go crazy, make sure nobody is injured, common sense checks on your teams once a month to promote / demote.
Nunyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:21 PM   #43
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy wolvesevelt View Post
Hey, thanks, but I've realized the lock doesn't really work.

Anytime I thin out my major-league roster with a few trades for more prospects, the AI will promote my locked prospect. I gave up on the locks after having to re-assign a dozen prospects every time the organization moved some players. :/
Have to say I've never seen this.

Edit:

I thought this was a new thread. Locked players don't move in my experience.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 04-18-2014 at 09:17 PM.
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:04 PM   #44
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

I only have my online experience to show for it, but when I started micro managing my minors and making sure they were full, I had MUCH better development than letting the AI run things

I am the Padres in The Show league, and being a small,small market, the Major League season I largely ignored, and concentrated on the minors...it is a big difference
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:50 PM   #45
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Out of curiosity I checked my World Series AI opponent playoff roster to see where its players came from. To my surprise it was:

10 home grown
7 free agents
8 trades

By contrast my team is

6 home grown
5 free agents
14 trades

I realize this is a one-off thing but it seems to me the AI has done a very nice job putting together this team.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote