Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-13-2014, 02:30 AM   #1
Eric
All Star Starter

How do you know if you are a good minor league manager?

I decided to start with the ABA quickstart, turn off commissioner mode and see what job offers I get. After four years, I got an offer for a single-A team that was second to last in the previous year.

I understand the purpose of the minors is to develop players for the parent organization. So I'm seeing the AI promote folks to AA and demote them from AA to my team on a regular basis. This make it difficult for me to win games.

So I'm wondering - how do I know if I'm a good minor league manager? How does OOTP rate my success?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:00 AM   #2
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

I think success of a minor league manager should be attributed to how well you maximize a players potential at a given level. Wins and losses not so much. Not sure to be quite honest how the game handles your minor league success, or failure.

Last edited by Tycobbler; 04-13-2014 at 03:03 AM.
Tycobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:53 AM   #3
Brnwsbucksfannc
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This is what I do a lot, seeing who will hire me. What I have seen it is based off of how well you meet the owner's expectations, and as previously stated, you do managing the revolving door of players.

I have gotten Gold ratings without even making the playoffs before.

I started an historic game with AAA, AA and A, was in the minors for 9 years, just got offered my first GM job.

The only thing I don't like is you have to quit your job to get offered jobs outside of your organization.
Brnwsbucksfannc is offline   Reply With Quote