Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-11-2014, 11:01 PM   #1
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Big things in small packages

I realize that height and weight has no bearing at all on in game performance.
But I have played a lot of hours and never noticed a player this small before. I have a league based on the gulf coast of the US and a six team foreign league in Cuba. The Cuban league signed a international complex player from Brazil at 15 years old. He is now 18 and is 5'5 135 lbs. But he is a tremendous power hitter. The Cuban league has one level of minors. He was signed at 15 and spent a year on the Cuban major league teams reserve roster and never played. At 16 he got to play at the Cuban AAA level and hit 17 HRs in only 161 PAs.
His 17 year old season he finally got every day time in the minors and was celled up by the big league club on occasion.
He hit 31 HRs in 311 PAs at AAA and at the major league level he had 89 PA and hit 8 HRs.
Amazingly, 5 of them came as pinch hit homeruns.

The Cuban league is also a pitchers league so it is even more impressive.

His 18 year old season was marred by bizarre AI management and injury. He started out at the ML level in Cuba but the AI had him on the reserve roster again for reasons I cannot fathom.
He finally got sent to AAA but for only 5 weeks but he racked up 74 PA and hit an astounding 13 HRs in that time.
He then got back to the ML level and had 4 games at a starter and hit 1 HR in 19 PAs before he suffered three separate mild to moderate injuries.
He was finally healthy for a September call up and got some mixed playing time. A few starts and a lot of pinch hit opportunities and chances to finish out games. 33 PAs with 6 HRs is nice work

I am about to start spring training and as a 19 year old he is unfortunately injured with a sprained wrist and will miss the first several weeks of the season. He is on the reserve roster yet again, but I am not sure if it is because of the injury or if the AI is being unreasonable again.

He is a natural CF but his defense is spotty at best. He is more suited to be a corner OF or even better as a DH. Both the Cuban League and the Gulf League have the DH.

His other skills are below average to above average. He strikes out quite a bit which is not helped by his below average contact skills. He has a slightly above average eye and above average to good gap skill.
He has very good speed but gets thrown out a lot due to his poor stealing skill.
But oddly enough his baserunning instincts are superior so if he gets on base he is good as long as it is not a stealing situation.

He is a player I will follow in my fictional universe. He has a potential to be a tremendous power hitter and able to hold his own in other areas.

His HR per PA is absolutely amazing so far. His contract runs out after this season and I hope he gets resigned or makes a move to the Gulf League.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote