Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 06-22-2013, 11:53 PM   #81
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKomrska15 View Post
So I should update the master.csv with the default one to the gambo spritze db i downloaded too?
Umm ask Spritze/Gambo for clarification but his DB should have everyone for 2012. If its a 14 DB. 2011 for 13. If you overwrite the G/S DB with the default you will lose all the Negro league players.

What are you trying to do exactly? Just import Paige into the game using the S/G DB?

This is from one of their DB's
Robert",,180,76,"R","R",1926,1966,"negro","paigesa 01","paigesa01","paigs101","paigesa01","paigesa01" ,6206,2,1,3,6,0,0,5,0,7,0,0,4,149,,,,,,,,,99,118,1 14,99,,,,, I imported Paige into my ABF paigesa01, 1926 He is #3 all time in wins thru 8 seasons.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #82
EKomrska15
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Umm ask Spritze/Gambo for clarification but his DB should have everyone for 2012. If its a 14 DB. 2011 for 13. If you overwrite the G/S DB with the default you will lose all the Negro league players.

What are you trying to do exactly? Just import Paige into the game using the S/G DB?

This is from one of their DB's
Robert",,180,76,"R","R",1926,1966,"negro","paigesa 01","paigesa01","paigs101","paigesa01","paigesa01" ,6206,2,1,3,6,0,0,5,0,7,0,0,4,149,,,,,,,,,99,118,1 14,99,,,,, I imported Paige into my ABF paigesa01, 1926 He is #3 all time in wins thru 8 seasons.
Well, I want to have full access to all players in the HOF and some are Negro League players.

However, what I did was put the S/G ODB into the 14 but did nothing with S/G master.csv.

Where should I put that? Or should I just refer to that and not put that in the game itself?
EKomrska15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #83
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKomrska15 View Post
Well, I want to have full access to all players in the HOF and some are Negro League players.

However, what I did was put the S/G ODB into the 14 but did nothing with S/G master.csv.

Where should I put that? Or should I just refer to that and not put that in the game itself?
I keep mine separate. When I create a new game I go to advanced options
(where you see Show Summary) and point that new game to the DB master.cvs. If i use it for an existing game I copy & paste using ctrl-c & ctrl-v and paste it into the database path in the game ( League setup - Historical for historical game/ Options for fictional) Now I use the master.cvs and neutralized stats for their DB's. I had thought Spritze mentioned something about deleting teh Historical database.odb for use in 14. i am still on 13. So ask him. i will when i get 14 eventually.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #84
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

When using the original DB from Spritze that was supposed to be compatible with OOTP14, my 1928 draft pool showed only 14 players. There were no Negro League players. Then I downloaded the Spritze/Gambo DB OOTP14 v2. Then I put it in the stats folder without changing anything. It includes the historical odb file and the master.csv file. Then I just pointed to the stats folder, not any specific file within that folder.

I just restarted a saved game prior to the 1928 draft pool being selected. Now the new draft pool has 57 players including Negro League player Josh Gibson.
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #85
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
I just restarted a saved game prior to the 1928 draft pool being selected. Now the new draft pool has 57 players including Negro League player Josh Gibson.
Be careful with him. He sucks for his 1st 5-7 seasons. I had Gibson on my Chicago Fire team. Hit .196 avg 4 HR 23 RBI average in 5 seasons for me. i trade him away to Boston for 2 SP prospects. 1st season for The Fightin; Irish he hit .213 12 HR 45 RBI approx. 2nd season his 7th he finally hit over .250 and had 21 HR. 3rd season he finally made the all star team at .313 29 HR 96 RBI for the season. Charles Johnson replaced Gibson as my C and has made 3 consecutive all star games, with 3 GG's.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #86
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

I don't manage the teams the computer does...
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #87
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Gambo,
A question sir...since I am doing an historical replay, I am using your Database instead of Spritze's HS...so that player import on their MLB debut

Just so I know ahead of time to attempt not to screw it up

I am using OOTP 13

I download your new DB, overwrite the files in my database (saving those to a sub folder called old DB)

Go into league setting...put in the pathfile to the CSV file...and then I click neutrlized stats? Anything else I need to do?

I also have an issue, because I do not use a draft, (not until 1950) players import in November with their D.O.B. a year late, is there anyway to avoid that?

I mean, I usually go in and correct stamina,injury probability, intangibles and defense for players and to see if they have any good tidbits like 1917 Heinie Stafford of the Giants who could have been a great SS according to McGraw, but wanted a steady job...as a research chemist..

So I do change the date...but it be nice if I didn't have to...since I do miss some

Thank you in advance for your help and for the work on this DB

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #88
korme
Minors (Single A)

Using the .odb file, teams never seem to change nicknames or cities, despite me enabling that option in the game startup. For instance, if I start in 1901 and fast sim for 10 years, the Yankees should come into existence. They never do. In '31 the Robins should become the Dodgers, they never do, etc.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #89
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Using the .odb file, teams never seem to change nicknames or cities, despite me enabling that option in the game startup. For instance, if I start in 1901 and fast sim for 10 years, the Yankees should come into existence. They never do. In '31 the Robins should become the Dodgers, they never do, etc.
the .odb has nothing to do with that. Check mark League Evolution.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

Old 07-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #90
korme
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
the .odb has nothing to do with that. Check mark League Evolution.
Can't find any of that stuff in OOTP 14. Did it move from the league setup screen?
Old 07-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #91
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Can't find any of that stuff in OOTP 14. Did it move from the league setup screen?
League setup - Options or Rules. Might have to be in Preseason.

"Stay Strong"

Old 07-18-2013, 01:10 AM   #92
korme
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
League setup - Options or Rules. Might have to be in Preseason.
No, it's not there. League evolution isn't an option I'm seeing in the new game. Am I the only one here?
Old 07-18-2013, 05:56 AM   #93
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, it's not there. League evolution isn't an option I'm seeing in the new game. Am I the only one here?
Best I can tell in a historical game it is the Automatically expand league option. i was trying to create a new fictional league to check that but OOTP crashed before it loaded.
Attached Images

"Stay Strong"

Old 07-20-2013, 04:45 AM   #94
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
I would say no.

BTW, I do have a version of my DB available for OOTP14 here...

https://www.box.com/s/d0yhb4dqoisv6doop012

I'll admit it's only been tested to a limited extent...
Just to be clear since i always seem to mess this up. For either DB Spritze or Gambo I would use the Master.cvs not the historical database.odb correct? For both versions do I use real stats or neutralized? Gambo is yours real debut or 18 like Spritze?

"Stay Strong"

Old 07-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #95
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Just to be clear since i always seem to mess this up. For either DB Spritze or Gambo I would use the Master.cvs not the historical database.odb correct?
you can use the included odb unless you want to change things by hand, then you would use the csv's.

Quote:
For both versions do I use real stats or neutralized?
Neutered is best.

Quote:
Gambo is yours real debut or age 18 like Spritze?
Real, the Spritze db is College or Pro debut, Gambo is Pro debut.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #96
Nick Soulis
Hall Of Famer

This database is almost perfect, thanks for the continual great work. I had a quick question however; Are modern young talents like Puig and Harvey included or will they be in the next release?

Thanks
Nick Soulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #97
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Next year. OOTP15
Old 07-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #98
tdmsu
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Spritze's db for OOTP14

Thanks for all the hard work on this db!
I have been reading this forum and thinking about ootp for years, and finally took the plunge over the AS break.
I have been running a league with a friend for over 20years using only retired players at their career average level on different programs.
I could just type in all the players again 44 teams worth... But I would love to be able to import the whole historical db instead of one player at a time.
I've been trying today, and ootp says the import worked and the players are all free agents, but there are no players there. I also tried to import into the draft pool with similar results. I'm sure it's something simple that I am missing... Any suggestions?

Thanks either way,
Paul
tdmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #99
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdmsu View Post
Thanks for all the hard work on this db!
I have been reading this forum and thinking about ootp for years, and finally took the plunge over the AS break.
I have been running a league with a friend for over 20years using only retired players at their career average level on different programs.
I could just type in all the players again 44 teams worth... But I would love to be able to import the whole historical db instead of one player at a time.
I've been trying today, and ootp says the import worked and the players are all free agents, but there are no players there. I also tried to import into the draft pool with similar results. I'm sure it's something simple that I am missing... Any suggestions?

Thanks either way,
Paul
You can do more then one player at a time. Create a text file. Use Notepad. enter in the players baseball reference ID plus the year you want to import them from. Example ruthba01,1927 and so on. (really cool cheat double click on that ID and right click copy and paste into the text file)
When you get to the import screen (reopen OOTP so this works this way)
Select the historical databse.odb file (if you are using a custom DB navigate to where it is saved)
Select the text file that you saved all your players on.
Select your options and Draft or FA.
Click import should be good to go.
If you have issues I will post screenshots.

"Stay Strong"

Old 07-22-2013, 11:16 PM   #100
tdmsu
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the fast reply... Am I limited to choosing one season for each player? OOTP implies that it can average out their career? This is what I mean:

I was hoping that I missed an easy way to do a mass import, but it seems that I have to average them myself, or use baseball-reference?

Thanks again!
Attached Images
tdmsu is offline   Reply With Quote