Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-04-2020, 06:04 PM   #1
orange6
Minors (Double A)

You ever have an injury that makes....

you want to stop playing? I play out every game, even spring training games. I was tempted to pull my franchise CF in the 3rd, but I wanted him to get 1 more at bat.......so he gets drilled in the hand and is gone for half the season. I’m sick.
orange6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:20 PM   #2
Gruber_Tagged_Him
Minors (Triple A)

My 2 best offensive players both going down with back injuries during PH duties (we were solid in 1st, was resting them) less than 1 week before the playoffs started kinda sucked.
Gruber_Tagged_Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:49 PM   #3
ALB123
All Star Reserve

I totally feel your pain. I had a great team put together for the 1982 season. My rotation was awesome. I made it about 1/3 to 2/3s way through my '82 season and then disaster struck. Three of my top four pitchers all sustained bad injuries. The amount of time they'd miss ranged between 12 months and 16 months! Seriously, I wanted to cry. I wrote an entire thread about it in the OOTP 20's general discussion section.

Tommy John was one of the three musketeers rotting away on the DL. He would be the first one finished with his DL time. Great! I made him the last pitcher to go in my Active Roster. I'm sure this does nothing, but it made me feel like I'm giving him a couple of extra days to rest after such a long time away. Oh yeah. I also set him up with a very limited Pitch Count. He'd only get 60 pitches on his first start back. Well, that was 50 pitches too many because his shoulder blew up after only 11 pitches. To pour salt on my wounds, Tommy J. just came off the DL now, in November 1983. He immediately retired. I am so mad!!!

I really feel bad about your situation considering you wanted to pull him but allowed him to stay against your better judgment.

DISCLAIMER: I didn't know about the Rehab Assignment or how it worked. That's why I dropped him right back into the Active Roster.
ALB123 is offline   Reply With Quote