Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 02-24-2020, 07:00 PM   #1
ezpkns34
All Star Reserve

Yoyo-ing

I have Carson Kelly as my starting catcher with Austin Hedges as my backup and I just traded for Austin Nola (a super utility player who can play all 8 positions, though is just okay behind the plate)

I was thinking of moving Hedges to AAA except on days my starting catcher needs a day off and moving Mr Utility down to AAA on those days, but would the yoyo-ing back and forth upset Nola? Or is that something which would vary by player based on player personality?

Last edited by ezpkns34; 02-24-2020 at 07:00 PM. Reason: ha, just realized I posted in the 21 section instead of 20, my fault
ezpkns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:49 PM   #2
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
On another note it's completely unrealistic.

Irl once you send a player down they have to stay there for 10 days. Only called up before 10 for injury list replacement.

Plus ootp doesn't account for travel time. Say mlb and milb away games. Or if your aaa team is on the opposite coast.

That sometimes costs teams 2 days irl or crazy stories of milb taking Uber to a game 6 hours away.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 09:05 PM   #3
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
This would never happen in MLB, but this could work in the game.

To see if Nola or Hedges would be upset by this, you would have to look at their role/expectation in-game. If they expect to be in the starting lineup or a bench player, they would probably be upset if they were in the minors for an extended period of time, but since it's constantly changing, I doubt there would be much of an effect.

I would personally just keep Nola up, he's a useful player
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote