Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 01-31-2020, 05:58 PM   #1
Gruber_Tagged_Him
Minors (Triple A)

Sigh. Any insight into what went wrong?

(edited - see below - I'm a meathead - disregard)

So yesterday I requested a custom schedule and then withdrew my request because I had done it myself. I got it uploaded during the preseason and thought I was golden, it looked great as I scanned through various teams' schedules.

After playing the 1st week of games, though, I took a closer look at the schedule in OOTP and, after thinking "Gee, we play London a LOT in July..." realized that something had gone wrong with the import. The games vs opponents in the other division are perfect. However, the divisional games went haywire. Each team has duplicate sets of games vs 2 of its divisional rivals, and no games vs 2 others. The 5th divisional opponent has the correct number and layout of games.

I do not see any errors in the schedule file. Attached are the text file and the open office spreadsheet I used to generate it. It seems fishy to me that I expanded by 2 teams and each team is missing 2 opponents in their schedule. Did I miss something obvious? (The website wouldn't let me upload the .ods file, I had to save it as .xls, hoping it won't screw it up...)

It's not symmetrical either. For example team A has double games vs teams B and C. But team B has double games between A and D. However the errors do all occur in the same weeks from what I can see. So I would only have to try to zero in on the weeks with the duplicates and figure out how to swap opponents around to fix things. I'm still thinking about whether I want to try to manually fix the in-game schedule or not. Am also trying to remember when I backed things up. I think it was further back than I want to go lol.
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILN_BGN_G102_SL1D1T6D2T6-3.lsdl (30.1 KB, 48 views)
File Type: xls 12 team OBF schedule.xls (153.0 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by Gruber_Tagged_Him; 01-31-2020 at 09:24 PM.
Gruber_Tagged_Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:38 PM   #2
Gruber_Tagged_Him
Minors (Triple A)

Turns out I backed up on the first day of the preseason, after I uploaded the schedule. I've been fooling around trying to trick the game into renumbering the teams or something but nothing is working. I randomly reorganized the divisions and reloaded the schedule - the error persisted, the duplicate opponents were different but occurred on the same weeks. Fun on a Friday night! I also tried removing the "-3" from the end of the schedule file name, I don't really know where that came from to be honest, but it didn't help.Next I'm going to sim all the way through the season and see what it generates for the following year.
Old 01-31-2020, 08:54 PM   #3
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

You can proof your schedule before you use it by choosing "Report: Evaluation" and "Report: Grid" in the Actions drop-down menu on the league schedule page. Did you do that? The evaluation report will show which teams are playing too many games against each other.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 08:58 PM   #4
Gruber_Tagged_Him
Minors (Triple A)

After a bit more digging, I have realized the errors do not occur on the same weeks. So much for a possible manual fix in OOTP. Also simming to the following year didn't help.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:07 PM   #5
Gruber_Tagged_Him
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
You can proof your schedule before you use it by choosing "Report: Evaluation" and "Report: Grid" in the Actions drop-down menu on the league schedule page. Did you do that? The evaluation report will show which teams are playing too many games against each other.
Hmmm - I did, but didn't look carefully enough. All of the totals were perfect, and the first team under the totals were also perfect. I didn't scroll down. So it seems that 1 team in each division has a perfect schedule. The other 5 in each division have the duplicates and are missing two opponents. (No it's not the expansion teams that are correct.)

Thanks for the hint. I hadn't realized that any team had a perfect schedule. Going back to the file for a second deeper dive in case it was my error somehow.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:20 PM   #6
Gruber_Tagged_Him
Minors (Triple A)

Sigh again. Joe - thanks for proving me to be an idiot. So here's how I error-checked my schedule: I picked 2 teams at random ("1" and "7") and did a hunt for their number of games vs opponents each. They were fine.

Of course, it is "1" and "7" that are correct. When I look in the file for "2" vs "3" I find nothing.

Nothing to see here. Don't let rookies make schedules after a goodly number of beers is the lesson I am taking from this. Also, when choosing random samples, don't take the first name from each list. (And scroll down on the schedule sanity check screen!!)

I'll bet a billion $ that I once accidentally shuffled teams clockwise instead of counter-clockwise during the circle method for divisional matchups. And of course 1 and 7 were the two anchor teams.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:39 PM   #7
abell1198
All Star Reserve

Team 1 is perfect, and if you mirrored it with the second division, then Team 7 is likely the same way. However, Team 2 faces Teams 4&5 a total of 12 times on the road and at home, while not facing either Team 3 or 6. I didn't go through the entire schedule, but hopefully, this will help you get this straightened out.

If you start changing one team, save, and reload, then the evaluation tool is a great way to see which teams are good and which are not balanced.

Current Dynasty:
Collegiate Baseball Association

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015
abell1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:50 PM   #8
Gruber_Tagged_Him
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abell1198 View Post
Team 1 is perfect, and if you mirrored it with the second division, then Team 7 is likely the same way. However, Team 2 faces Teams 4&5 a total of 12 times on the road and at home, while not facing either Team 3 or 6. I didn't go through the entire schedule, but hopefully, this will help you get this straightened out.

If you start changing one team, save, and reload, then the evaluation tool is a great way to see which teams are good and which are not balanced.

Yup, see my post right above yours. Clearly I should have skipped that last beer. Redoing things now!
Old 01-31-2020, 10:27 PM   #9
abell1198
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber_Tagged_Him View Post
Yup, see my post right above yours. Clearly I should have skipped that last beer. Redoing things now!
Yeah, I noticed your post after I sent my response. Guess I was too preoccupied with going through your schedule to see it. Let me know if I can be of any further help.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Current Dynasty:
Collegiate Baseball Association

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015
abell1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:54 PM   #10
Gruber_Tagged_Him
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abell1198 View Post
Yeah, I noticed your post after I sent my response. Guess I was too preoccupied with going through your schedule to see it. Let me know if I can be of any further help.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
I'm sorry, I was a little curt in my previous response because I was just in the process of discovering what my error was. Thank you so much for taking the time to have a look for me. This forum rocks!

I'm glad nobody took me up on my $1,000,000,000 bet above. Seems I laid out my "clock" wrong for the divisional games. Instead of:

1 2 3
6 5 4

I did:

1 2 3
4 5 6

I repeated the error when remaking the schedule but this time I included a checksum column on the right and caught it right away. ( I didn't actually "rotate" the numbers. Just overwrote them by one and replaced 7's with 2's.)