Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 09-24-2019, 02:19 AM   #201
madjac74
Minors (Double A)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
Hijack ... where is your avatar logo from?
I googled a coyote logo and put my own colors on it because we have a lot of coyotes around here
madjac74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 03:38 AM   #202
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman576 View Post

Finished the week 11-4!
Dude, I am impressed. I can try 100 times and I doubt I will ever be 11-4 with the spread.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 03:40 AM   #203
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
Did Kyle Allen Wally Pip Cam Newton?
Cam has never been the same since that Super Bowl loss. The dude is done. The Denver DL wiped their butts with his scalp and he's never recovered.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:42 AM   #204
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Philly phan of the year.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 11:14 AM   #205
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Cam has never been the same since that Super Bowl loss. The dude is done. The Denver DL wiped their butts with his scalp and he's never recovered.
This is not true. Last year in the first half of the season before his shoulder injury he put up the most efficient numbers of his career.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 10:24 AM   #206
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Let's pump the breaks for a bit........

I asked a question, mostly in jest, about Cam Newton losing his job. I am certainly open to the possibility that Kyle Allen could conceivably be better behind center right now.

But Allen has had one good game.
But Allen has had one good game vs the Cardinals.
But Allen has had one good game vs the Cardinals & their sub .500 in college rookie coach.
But Allen has had one good game vs the Cardinals & their sub .500 in college rookie coach after sucking it up big time in the preseason.
But Allen has had one good game vs the Cardinals & their sub .500 in college rookie coach after sucking it up big time in the preseason getting the most time out of all the QB's with the 1st team offense.

Cam hasn't been healthy for close to 11 months. He is playing for a coach wary of his employment status and can't see beyond the next play. His line was injury prone last season and has given, according to next gen stats, the worst pass protection in the league.

I don't say that to absolve Cam of any blame. His completion percentage has never been confused for Drew Brees'. But in the Tampa game, Cam's throws were so far off, his targets looked at balls sailing 5 yds deep into the sidelines then turned to the pocket as if to say "Was that for me??". So there is plenty of criticism to toss around.

I pull for Cam, I admit. But for admittedly sentimental reasons. I want the Panthers to win. Period. If Arizona Kyle is the real McCoy, let's go. But it is way too premature to think Allen has taken over like the media is portraying it. What Kyle has done is given Ron Rivera enough confidence that Cam being available isn't the only option to help him keep his job. Cam can now do what he should have been doing at the end of last season & to begin this one. Rest & get back to 100%. In the meantime, let's see what Kyle does in the next couple of weeks before we name him the face of the franchise.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 09-25-2019, 10:45 AM   #207
low
Hall Of Famer

Glad I'm not a Panthers fan. I will never pull for Cam. He babied out of jumping on his own fumble with a championship on the line. Can't forget that.

For those who need a reminder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DJMU2n5sC8

Last edited by low; 09-25-2019 at 10:48 AM.
low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 11:41 AM   #208
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Let's pump the breaks for a bit........

I asked a question, mostly in jest, about Cam Newton losing his job. I am certainly open to the possibility that Kyle Allen could conceivably be better behind center right now.

But Allen has had one good game.
But Allen has had one good game vs the Cardinals.
But Allen has had one good game vs the Cardinals & their sub .500 in college rookie coach.
But Allen has had one good game vs the Cardinals & their sub .500 in college rookie coach after sucking it up big time in the preseason.
But Allen has had one good game vs the Cardinals & their sub .500 in college rookie coach after sucking it up big time in the preseason getting the most time out of all the QB's with the 1st team offense.

Cam hasn't been healthy for close to 11 months. He is playing for a coach wary of his employment status and can't see beyond the next play. His line was injury prone last season and has given, according to next gen stats, the worst pass protection in the league.

I don't say that to absolve Cam of any blame. His completion percentage has never been confused for Drew Brees'. But in the Tampa game, Cam's throws were so far off, his targets looked at balls sailing 5 yds deep into the sidelines then turned to the pocket as if to say "Was that for me??". So there is plenty of criticism to toss around.

I pull for Cam, I admit. But for admittedly sentimental reasons. I want the Panthers to win. Period. If Arizona Kyle is the real McCoy, let's go. But it is way too premature to think Allen has taken over like the media is portraying it. What Kyle has done is given Ron Rivera enough confidence that Cam being available isn't the only option to help him keep his job. Cam can now do what he should have been doing at the end of last season & to begin this one. Rest & get back to 100%. In the meantime, let's see what Kyle does in the next couple of weeks before we name him the face of the franchise.
Yeah he may not be the face of the franchise, but Carolina has a playoff quality supporting team and has won just 2 of their last 11 games both with Allen starting. We've seen that Cam clearly cannot play as-is right now. Allen should be the starter for the foreseeable future and unless he completely bombs the rest of the season. Then make a decision.

One thing that doesn't need a decision though is firing Rivera and Norv. They are atrocious coaches. Hurney is a terrible GM too. Tepper needs to clean out that entire closet.

Last edited by dkgo; 09-25-2019 at 11:42 AM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 12:51 PM   #209
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Yeah he may not be the face of the franchise, but Carolina has a playoff quality supporting team and has won just 2 of their last 11 games both with Allen starting. We've seen that Cam clearly cannot play as-is right now. Allen should be the starter for the foreseeable future and unless he completely bombs the rest of the season. Then make a decision.

One thing that doesn't need a decision though is firing Rivera and Norv. They are atrocious coaches. Hurney is a terrible GM too. Tepper needs to clean out that entire closet.
I'm not against Norv as OC. His playcalling has been hampered by Cam's health and Stevie Wonder vision. 1st half of 2018, the offense looked like it was full of potential. Then Cam got hurt, Olsen was lost for the year, and the o-line was shuffling players in and out of the lineup.

I'm 50-50 on Hurney. His 1st tenure he made some poor sentimental decisions, for which he has admitted as such. I think his drafting is better then Gettlemen. I think he made poor choices in improving the o-line.

Rivera has made some very poor decisions the last 2 seasons. His conservative nature has made him slow to address when weaknesses crop up. And the way he has played Cam despite the obvious make one question his thinking.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 09-25-2019, 02:48 PM   #210
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Take away Cam's rushing ability and all he is is an inaccurate quarterback. Defenses can key in on that more if they're not worried about his legs, and with his recent injury history even when he's 100% healthy he'll probably begin to lose some of the power element to his running.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 10:03 AM   #211
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Seriously, if this is true, heads should roll. You go from a "mild sprain" to possibly torn ligaments and possible surgery. Cam may have been a party to this. But still, you don't prepare to play a full season on a bad wheel with a player that has Cam's skill set. This is why players end up going outside the training room and demand trades because coaches & training staff only worry about getting the guy on the field instead of waiting for him to get healthy.

Edit: Lisfranc fractures typically take 6-12 weeks of recovery after surgery & immobilization of the foot.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance

Last edited by Cobra Mgr; 09-26-2019 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:50 PM   #212
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

NFL owners pushing for a 17 game season, reduction of the preseason by 2 or 3 games, and playing the "odd" game at neutral sites to avoid any team having extra home games.

The last notion is interesting to me. I'm wondering how that will work out. I'm guessing more international games like London, Mexico City, Toronto. And maybe going to other locations that don't have teams. Like Oakland, St. Louis, San Diego, San Antonio and some college towns. Maybe even taking in bids like bowl games do in college. My guess is the motivation for that is not just competitive balance. But on a small scale, trying to stem any competition from rouge leagues.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 09-26-2019, 03:55 PM   #213
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

Quote:
But on a small scale, trying to stem any competition from rouge leagues.
Do you mean, like the Lingerie League? I am pretty sure that those players used rouge!

Let's Go Crew
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 09:24 AM   #214
low
Hall Of Famer

1st and goal at the one yard line, and you choose four consecutive pass plays. McCarthy must be still calling plays in Green Bay. WTF.
low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 10:01 AM   #215
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by low View Post
1st and goal at the one yard line, and you choose four consecutive pass plays. McCarthy must be still calling plays in Green Bay. WTF.
From what I've heard, the plays the Packers run aren't necessarily the ones sent from the sideline.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 09-27-2019, 12:49 PM   #216
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by low View Post
Amazing. Rodgers himself could have probably just put his head down and got in behind his OL. The Eagles shoved it down their throats every time they got down there. The Packers earned that loss.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:55 PM   #217
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not against Norv as OC. His playcalling has been hampered by Cam's health and Stevie Wonder vision. 1st half of 2018, the offense looked like it was full of potential. Then Cam got hurt, Olsen was lost for the year, and the o-line was shuffling players in and out of the lineup.

I'm 50-50 on Hurney. His 1st tenure he made some poor sentimental decisions, for which he has admitted as such. I think his drafting is better then Gettlemen. I think he made poor choices in improving the o-line.

Rivera has made some very poor decisions the last 2 seasons. His conservative nature has made him slow to address when weaknesses crop up. And the way he has played Cam despite the obvious make one question his thinking.
Just curious, was it you that preferred Christian McCaffrey over Fournette coming out of the draft? If so, that eye of yours is looking pretty good right now.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:29 PM   #218
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Just curious, was it you that preferred Christian McCaffrey over Fournette coming out of the draft? If so, that eye of yours is looking pretty good right now.
I don't remember. I know I was firm on DeSean Watson over Trubisky. Did Fournette & Run CMC come out the same year?

EDIT: I did a forum search. It wasn't McCaffrey I rated higher. It was Dalvin Cook.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance

Last edited by Cobra Mgr; 09-27-2019 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:38 PM   #219
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

Should I start Patriots RB Sony Michael @ Buffalo or Seahawks TE Will Dissley @ Arizona in my wild spot in fantasy football?
monkeyman576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 01:51 PM   #220
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman576 View Post
Should I start Patriots RB Sony Michael @ Buffalo or Seahawks TE Will Dissley @ Arizona in my wild spot in fantasy football?
Personally, I'd start Dissley for 2 reasons: (1)Who knows what RB Belichek will use? Sonny could get 25 carries or 2. Belichek could run it 50 or throw it 50. (2) TE's have been killing the Cards D. Week 1 Hockenson 6/131/1. Week 2 Andrews 6/112/1. Week 3 Olsen 6/75/2. That projects to 107/1696/21 over a full season.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance

Last edited by Cobra Mgr; 09-27-2019 at 01:54 PM.