Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - Technical Support

FHM 2 - Technical Support Having trouble with FHM 2 or want to report a bug? Please see here.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:53 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Lightbulb The Bug Report Thread

Note: Thread will be opened after release.

THIS THREAD IS FOR BUG REPORTS ONLY!

A product as complex as FHM2 will never release without bugs. There will be thousands of people playing and they will find things we did not discover.

If the game does not run for you at all, please check here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...l-support.html

If you have problems activating the game read this: Activation Problems

This thread is for PROPER bug reporting! If you find a bug, please post a detailed explanation here, and also upload your league files! (Does not apply to purely cosmetic bugs, here a screenshot should be enough). Please zip the league files (just the *.dat files, you find your saved games in your My Documents folder within the Out of the Park Developments folder, i.e. "My Documents/Out of the Park Developments/Franchise Hockey Manager 2/saved_games". FTP the zipped league files to our support server (instructions here: How to FTP files to OOTP Developments ) and add the league file name to your post. IMPORTANT: Bug reports without uploaded league files will be ignored!

Thanks, and enjoy the game!

Last edited by JeffR; 02-09-2016 at 04:50 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 02:56 PM   #2
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

I cannot activate the game. Get an error message that states "The game could not be activated, please try again later"
Pete Grassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 02:57 PM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grassi View Post
I cannot activate the game. Get an error message that states "The game could not be activated, please try again later"
Activation Problems for OOTP - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:03 PM   #4
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Edit: Got it activated using offline code

Last edited by Pete Grassi; 09-28-2015 at 03:17 PM.
Pete Grassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:04 PM   #5
Jaurxe
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Started a game as GM of Hamilton Bulldogs in OHL. When I click on "OHL Priority Draft Log" in the top right in the Team + League Controls tab, the game crashes.
Jaurxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:18 PM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaurxe View Post
Started a game as GM of Hamilton Bulldogs in OHL. When I click on "OHL Priority Draft Log" in the top right in the Team + League Controls tab, the game crashes.
Looks like it's a data error with the draft history of a particular player in that draft that'll cause a crash if you try to view a page with him on it. Malte's fixed it, but you'll want to avoid looking at the 2015 OHL draft until it's patched.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:22 PM   #7
MM95
Bat Boy

On MacBook Pro with retina display 90% of the user interface is sharp and how it should be but couple of things are not, for example the main menu and player popup dialogs are slightly blurred.

Last edited by MM95; 09-28-2015 at 03:36 PM.
MM95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:40 PM   #8
Wings91pdx
Bat Boy

Submitted a ticket but wanted to post here too in case anyone else has the issue. When I try to start a new game, it tells me it can't open the league file when I create it. Also when I try to do a custom league, it says, invalid database.
Wings91pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:44 PM   #9
Jaurxe
Minors (Rookie Ball)

During the OHL Preseason, it looks like my team, Hamilton Bulldogs has hired a 2nd GM? His name is Larry Bernard and both of us show up on the Personnel page as the General Manager. I know we lost most of our preseason games, but that's a bit harsh!
Jaurxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:50 PM   #10
captinpank
Bat Boy

Started an NHL season as the Blackhawks, hired a second GM, and my coach doesn't have a contract. File name is Captinpank-FHM2-9-28-15.lg

Edit: I just restarted a league (In commish mode) and at first Q and I had contracts. Then I edited Him and I, after editing the contracts were no longer there and our salaries were zero. I was able to "take over" the hawks from "available jobs" section in the manage tab and my contract was back, but alas, Q is still donating his services to the Hawks.

Last edited by captinpank; 09-28-2015 at 04:16 PM.
captinpank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:59 PM   #11
CmdrSharp
Minors (Rookie Ball)

In the Swedish Hockey League (SHL), the rule about "max number of foreigners" is still active, even though that rule was scrapped last year. I see no option to alter this either.

Didn't upload a league file as this isn't anything specific for my save - it's just a rule that isn't matched for SHL.

EDIT:
On that note, that only happened when going to "Play game" under the Play-submenu. When disabling the option to skip games on "Finish today" and then clicking "Finish today", it advanced to the game anyway.

Last edited by CmdrSharp; 09-28-2015 at 04:03 PM.
CmdrSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:13 PM   #12
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Unable to scroll all the way to the bottom of this page for beard options (facegen settings) in Setup/Options.

My setting is windowed, 1920x1080
_
Attached Images
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:32 PM   #13
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
Solid first impression. Game runs smooth and it's fun to fiddle around with it. The popups are a nice addition.

The fighting crowd won't be pleased, though. There's no way to recreate the 70s and 80s and the penalty totals are obviously "inflated" by having too many one-on-one fights in certain years to account for the lack of multiplayer fisticuffs.

There's a couple of bugs here and there (can't use keyboard to adjust certain numbers on edit screens or sorting attributes from lowest to highest instead of the other way round in rosters screens), but nothing game breakiing so far. Thank god!
My game crashed first time I tried to play an exhibition game. Maybe its because the rosters weren't full.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:40 PM   #14
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
My game crashed first time I tried to play an exhibition game. Maybe its because the rosters weren't full.
Please upload the save, so we can look into it.
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:41 PM   #15
indianag99
Bat Boy

Problem with the installation

I have Mac OSX 10.6.8 and when I try to open FHM2 for the first time, I get an error message saying that the game is not compatible with it. I have already sent a support ticket but no answer so far. Thanks.
indianag99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:15 PM   #16
MM95
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianag99 View Post
I have Mac OSX 10.6.8 and when I try to open FHM2 for the first time, I get an error message saying that the game is not compatible with it. I have already sent a support ticket but no answer so far. Thanks.
The game requires OS X 10.7 or newer.

Last edited by MM95; 09-28-2015 at 05:17 PM.
MM95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:51 PM   #17
Laraque27
Bat Boy

The player search screen is broken. No players appear. I've even reduced and increased the search parameters.
Laraque27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:15 PM   #18
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraque27 View Post
The player search screen is broken. No players appear. I've even reduced and increased the search parameters.
Are you entering anything in the Enter Name box? There needs to be something there, the filters won't automatically search through every player in the game.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:17 PM   #19
buzzy
Bat Boy

in my quickstart none of my 4 games show up so cannot start in quickstart. reinstalled 5v times but still not there but it is in my documents folder can anyone help me
buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:27 PM   #20
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I'm having screen problems also. I have a laptop. I play in fullscreen and the play game tab still is hidden. I played in windowed version also(my preferred version) with no luck concerning the play game tab.

Shouldn't an important tab like the play game tab be at the top of the screen rather at the bottom? I can't recall an OOTP game with the play game tab at the bottom of the screen.

I'm stuck for an answer so at least I can still form leagues but that's about all I can do.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote