Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 04-20-2015, 06:13 PM   #1
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

trade question

I see trade offers from other teams including cash....can I include cash in my offers?
Rasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:35 PM   #2
BradC
All Star Starter

No. Not sure if we'll add that at some point. Thanks.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:20 PM   #3
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

Why would you not add that?
thespungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 02:26 PM   #4
McGuiser
Major Leagues

A note to anyone who has not yet noticed this: if a team offers you a trade that includes cash, and you delete the player they offer as you make counteroffers, the cash remains -- and this might cause them to reject your counter-offer that would otherwise be accepted.

If you do not need the cash, you might try deleting their whole offer and then initiating an offer yourself -- that is the only way I know of deleting their cash offer.
McGuiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:19 PM   #5
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespungo View Post
Why would you not add that?

I haven't once had the urge to add money in a trade.

I'd rather the dev team spend time and resources on something actually important in the game rather than adding the ability to add 200k to a trade.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:42 PM   #6
McGuiser
Major Leagues

Agreed, Wodi

I would rather the developers spend their time on eliminating bugs. In terms of playability, the game is already terrific, IMHO.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:03 PM   #7
Cary
Minors (Single A)

This seems like a bug in the trade engine: I have a 3-for-3 trade in the works but the other GM wants a little bit more. I offer a scrud whose name pops up on the "Make this work now" screen. He rejects it. Now there's no way to take the scrud out of the deal, even if I remove one or more of the original players. The text box that says "Team A offers ..." still contains the name of the scrud.
Cary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:16 PM   #8
McGuiser
Major Leagues

A work-around

When this happens to me, I abandon the trade screen and start over, leaving out the 4th name -- or using him as one of the three, and taking out someone else.

If the trade offer was initiated by the other team, just re-open the mail and start over.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:56 PM   #9
Cary
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuiser View Post
When this happens to me, I abandon the trade screen and start over, leaving out the 4th name -- or using him as one of the three, and taking out someone else.

If the trade offer was initiated by the other team, just re-open the mail and start over.
I'm in my second full season and have not received even one trade offer from another team. (Hasn't stopped me from making plenty of trades.)
Old 06-16-2015, 08:42 PM   #10
McGuiser
Major Leagues

What, no offers!

I am blown away by this. Doesn't any other team have an aging 20/23 player they are willing to part with for your best prospect?

I get more offers like that than credit card junk mail.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:06 AM   #11
IAmC
Major Leagues

I rarely get trade offers. Maybe two to four each season. And almost all of them are unreasonable to the point of not even bothering to negotiate. In well over 50 seasons of play, I think that I've made a trade based on an initial trade offer maybe two or three times.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 06:45 PM   #12
Cary
Minors (Single A)

You get trade offers? In three seasons I haven't received a single one. Of course, it sounds like I'm not missing much.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:54 PM   #13
xepicx2729
Major Leagues

I always get them when I am a consistent WS winner or if I am a rebuilding team.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:06 PM   #14
wodi
All Star Reserve

It depends if you have team needs or not. If you need a catcher, you will get a ton of offers with catchers.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:31 PM   #15
xepicx2729
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
It depends if you have team needs or not. If you need a catcher, you will get a ton of offers with catchers.
none usually better than 1.5 stars
Old 07-25-2015, 09:18 PM   #16
wodi
All Star Reserve

Correct..... I don't know if I've ever accepted a cpu offered trade
Old 07-27-2015, 05:51 PM   #17
McGuiser
Major Leagues

Cary wrote: "You get trade offers? In three seasons I haven't received a single one. Of course, it sounds like I'm not missing much."

Actually, you are missing an opportunity to learn how the AI values certain players. Substituting players' names in your counteroffers, and watching for changes in response (like from "no way" to "you have to offer more") can reveal which of your players are valued beyond what you would expect from their ratings (and this, I believe, helps you discover some of the hidden player valuations that the game includes in its calculations without telling you, maybe including full OOTP categories like "greed.").

You might have two players who seem equal to you, but discover that the league clearly values one more than the other. Ueful information.

I have never accepted an offer as offered, but I have often benefited from making a counteroffer.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:36 AM   #18
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuiser View Post
Cary wrote: "You get trade offers? In three seasons I haven't received a single one. Of course, it sounds like I'm not missing much."

Actually, you are missing an opportunity to learn how the AI values certain players. Substituting players' names in your counteroffers, and watching for changes in response (like from "no way" to "you have to offer more") can reveal which of your players are valued beyond what you would expect from their ratings...
Very true. Interestingly, I've had some players on my team that I've added to trade offers and had the other manager's response get worse, not better. And it wasn't due to salary, as they had minor league contracts. It appeared that the AI valued my player as worse than nothing (which could very well be true).
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote