Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 05-06-2011, 09:56 PM   #1
revcarte
Major Leagues

No Printing?

The game is amazing on both the Iphone and Ipad but I cannot figure out a way to print things like box scores and standings. The ability to print is a must for a game like this. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to print???
revcarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
Marc Vaughan
Sports Interactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcarte View Post
The game is amazing on both the Iphone and Ipad but I cannot figure out a way to print things like box scores and standings. The ability to print is a must for a game like this. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to print???
I don't think iOOTP supports printing (although I don't know for certain) - most likely reason simply being that until very recently there wasn't any printing support at all in iOS devices ....

(I need to look into this side of things myself in the near future for my game - tbh this sort of thing is still evolving with regards to mobile devices on the iOS, so please bear with Markus & Co .... if its possible I'm sure it'll happen)
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:33 PM   #3
thekingofKC
Minors (Rookie Ball)

What you could always do is just take a screen shot of the standings or box score that want (by holding the home button and double tapping the lock button), then you could connect your iPhone to your computer and print those pictures.

Just a thought!
thekingofKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:57 AM   #4
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

The box scores are HTML displayed by our own internal browser. We could likely add a button in the future which opens this page in Safari, from where printing would be possible I suppose
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:08 AM   #5
revcarte
Major Leagues

Thanks

Thanks Markus. I am a long time Strat and Diamond Mind player and had been waiting anxiously for the IOS version of your game. I greatly enjoy it but without an option to airprint the stats it is missing something important. What if Sandy Koufax pitched a No Hitter for the 65 Dodgers and I had no way to print the box score???? Thanks again for the reply.

Last edited by revcarte; 05-07-2011 at 08:09 AM.
revcarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:46 PM   #6
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

Using iphone explorer you can easily find all the boxscores in html format and print them from your browser.

Go to: iOS Device/Apps/com.ootpdevelopments.iootp2011/Documents/iOOTP2011/saved_games/YOUR LEAGUE/news/html/box_scores

Copy them from there to your comp.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #7
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulu View Post
Using iphone explorer you can easily find all the boxscores in html format and print them from your browser.

Go to: iOS Device/Apps/com.ootpdevelopments.iootp2011/Documents/iOOTP2011/saved_games/YOUR LEAGUE/news/html/box_scores

Copy them from there to your comp.
Seeing the big demand by people to change logos or print box score we will enable File Sharing with the first update, so it will be much easier to do that kind of stuff (just by using iTunes).
Old 05-07-2011, 01:53 PM   #8
imdakine1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Email option

Actually an email option would be pretty sweet... The screen print is awesome and definitely makes it super easy to do a blog about our seasons etc... Love the iphone and ipad screen capture option!! I would definitely support an email option as well especially if it is in a user friendly format such as being able to open into excel so we can continue comparing our data if we want etc...
imdakine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #9
dhill
Bat Boy

I vote for the email option with two choices for the text. One choice for a formatted report and the other for comma separated for loading into excel. I would also like to see a single page listing all of the players and their stats for selecting lineups and rotations.
dhill is offline   Reply With Quote