Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-16-2019, 12:24 AM   #241
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacgreg37 View Post
With control farm teams selected for both my affiliates, it stops me when their lineups/rosters have issues, but when I go to FA center to sign someone for either my AHL or ECHL team, it shows all of their financial info in the bottom left of the screen, but as soon as I click "offer contract", it tries to offer them a 1 year, 700k deal from the NHL team. Any way to fix this?
You can't sign a player directly to the farm team. To do that, you'd need to play a multiplayer game with one or more additional GM's for yourself in control of the farm team(s).
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:14 PM   #242
cmdrsam3
Bat Boy

What should I be looking for to try and lower shot?. Like a defensive tactic, attiributes for players.
cmdrsam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 04:33 PM   #243
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrsam3 View Post
What should I be looking for to try and lower shot?. Like a defensive tactic, attiributes for players.
Defensive Tactics. Specifically, look at how it's happening. Look at Game Ratings and see how players are preforming. You can start with small tweaks, like slowing down pace of play and trying to control more (pass versus shoot).
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 05:25 PM   #244
nemolee.exe
Minors (Single A)

Can you change languages on players?
nemolee.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:01 PM   #245
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Salary Cap

Can you raise the salary cap in a custom game once it's begun playing? Even switching to commish mode, there seems to be no edit option at all.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:26 PM   #246
OttoGott
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
The game AI (the same one non-human-owned teams have), using your own ratings when they're needed.
Hello everyone - One thing I’ve noticed when letting the AI/Assistant do the line, role, and tactical settings, is that every time you do that action the AI comes up with a different setup. �� Notice this particularly when on the individual unit tactics screen. This occurs when NOT advancing the game at all making it even more puzzling as nothing has changed. This is very different from OOTPB where when you ask your bench coach for the lineup and depth chart, you get the same recommendation every time after doing it the first time. I hope that makes sense. The recommended tactics for the units change every time I do that action even though the information set remains constant. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Thanks in advance.I
OttoGott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 08:35 AM   #247
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemolee.exe View Post
Can you change languages on players?
Not at the moment, no, but it's on the list of things to made editable at some point.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:37 AM   #248
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Can you raise the salary cap in a custom game once it's begun playing? Even switching to commish mode, there seems to be no edit option at all.
Yes, but only on July 1. Rules tab of the League-Edit screen, bottom left corner.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:41 AM   #249
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoGott View Post
Hello everyone - One thing I’ve noticed when letting the AI/Assistant do the line, role, and tactical settings, is that every time you do that action the AI comes up with a different setup. �� Notice this particularly when on the individual unit tactics screen. This occurs when NOT advancing the game at all making it even more puzzling as nothing has changed. This is very different from OOTPB where when you ask your bench coach for the lineup and depth chart, you get the same recommendation every time after doing it the first time. I hope that makes sense. The recommended tactics for the units change every time I do that action even though the information set remains constant. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Thanks in advance.I
The AI's role choice has a little variability built into it, and it's common for a player to have very similar scores in multiple roles, so you'll see some variation when asking the AI to set the roles repeatedly. And different role combinations for the players in the lineup may result in slightly different lines and tactics.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:31 PM   #250
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

I think there's a screen when I can see draft eligible players AND the level of scouting, but I can't find it anymore. Am I mistaking or am I blind?
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 03:27 PM   #251
sutnopG
Minors (Single A)

Can't sign scout

Hello.

Started a save with Minnesota Wild and can't hire staff or at least scouts. Too high demands the game say. When looking at finances everything looks as it should with a few million +.

Is this a game issue or is there some logic to it?

Thanks in advance!
sutnopG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 03:46 PM   #252
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutnopG View Post
Hello.

Started a save with Minnesota Wild and can't hire staff or at least scouts. Too high demands the game say. When looking at finances everything looks as it should with a few million +.

Is this a game issue or is there some logic to it?

Thanks in advance!
Who is the staff you're trying to hire and Scouts? I just started a brand new game, selected the Wild, and am not having any issues.

Did you filter down to Scouts, or are you possibly looking at trying to hire Head Coaches (etc) to Scout?
Old 11-17-2019, 03:59 PM   #253
sutnopG
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Who is the staff you're trying to hire and Scouts? I just started a brand new game, selected the Wild, and am not having any issues.

Did you filter down to Scouts, or are you possibly looking at trying to hire Head Coaches (etc) to Scout?
Tried with various names - filtered down to scouts (free agents), sorted by evaluating ability and potential. Tried with both 'high end' guys and 'lower end'. Some names: Anders Carlsson, Peter Forsberg, etc. Same result with everyone.

I even tried to start a new game just to see if this was 'save-specific' but had the same results. Thought it possibly could be something due to my search for new scouts after 1 October but even with the new save there was the same result.

I even viewed your video on youtube where you manage Minnesota, in there you could hire scouts.

Thanks Adam.
sutnopG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 04:40 PM   #254
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutnopG View Post
Tried with various names - filtered down to scouts (free agents), sorted by evaluating ability and potential. Tried with both 'high end' guys and 'lower end'. Some names: Anders Carlsson, Peter Forsberg, etc. Same result with everyone.

I even tried to start a new game just to see if this was 'save-specific' but had the same results. Thought it possibly could be something due to my search for new scouts after 1 October but even with the new save there was the same result.

I even viewed your video on youtube where you manage Minnesota, in there you could hire scouts.

Thanks Adam.
Going to send you a PM.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:22 PM   #255
cmdrsam3
Bat Boy

Well took over the Blues. And let the ai do its thing while trying to learn and make small changes. Started out to what I consider a horrid start of 1-4-1. Felt the need to make an immediate presence and I am doing more and more of the work load. Now have a 8-5-3 record now. Having a much better time with this version than any other hockey game in the past I must say.

I am number 2 in the league with FOW, 4 in PP at like 24% ( I have never had this high ever), PK is in top 4 as well, I think around 87%. (PK I seem to find some combo out of my butt in most games)

I know everyone has their own philosophy. But correct me if I am completely dumb. My stat keys to success. Win the face offs, limit my give away. Have more take a ways. And out shoot your opponent. If you do these you win a good percentage of games.

Guess where my questions are. What should I be looking at for limiting my give a ways? My team is currently lower 10 in the league. I lead the league in take aways. But I don't have a clue on why I am there. Looking for insight on that as well. And I still feel as if I give up to many shots. I would like to have a goal of limiting the opponent shot to 24 shots a game. Is this unrealistic? Have had two games I think where I meet that. Rest not so much. Tactics seem to help. I am at a loss on how to defend against the longer shots. I can see how to defend if point blank. Or along the boards. But I had one game where the majority of the shots came from longer distance. And I don't have a clue on how to defend that.

Sorry for the wall of text.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:06 PM   #256
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Well took over the Blues. And let the ai do its thing while trying to learn and make small changes. Started out to what I consider a horrid start of 1-4-1. Felt the need to make an immediate presence and I am doing more and more of the work load. Now have a 8-5-3 record now. Having a much better time with this version than any other hockey game in the past I must say.

I am number 2 in the league with FOW, 4 in PP at like 24% ( I have never had this high ever), PK is in top 4 as well, I think around 87%. (PK I seem to find some combo out of my butt in most games)

I know everyone has their own philosophy. But correct me if I am completely dumb. My stat keys to success. Win the face offs, limit my give away. Have more take a ways. And out shoot your opponent. If you do these you win a good percentage of games.

Guess where my questions are. What should I be looking at for limiting my give a ways? My team is currently lower 10 in the league. I lead the league in take aways. But I don't have a clue on why I am there. Looking for insight on that as well. And I still feel as if I give up to many shots. I would like to have a goal of limiting the opponent shot to 24 shots a game. Is this unrealistic? Have had two games I think where I meet that. Rest not so much. Tactics seem to help. I am at a loss on how to defend against the longer shots. I can see how to defend if point blank. Or along the boards. But I had one game where the majority of the shots came from longer distance. And I don't have a clue on how to defend that.

Sorry for the wall of text.
Start with looking at whose doing the giveaways. Try moving them out of the lineup, or shifting them down. Check what the person tactics are. Maybe they're passing a lot and not great at it, etc.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:20 PM   #257
cmdrsam3
Bat Boy

Game ratings on the roster page. Are those an average or from last game? How much credence do I need to pay attention to?
Old 11-18-2019, 12:57 AM   #258
Scottababc
Minors (Single A)

Hey looking at the game, did you guys change the coaching style preferences for editing assistant coaches in game? Because I distinctly remember there being options such as "technical-strong and offensive" for selecting styles or something along those lines, and its changed back to the way it was in FHM 5 now where it's only offensive preference and physical preference.
Scottababc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 04:09 AM   #259
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottababc View Post
Hey looking at the game, did you guys change the coaching style preferences for editing assistant coaches in game? Because I distinctly remember there being options such as "technical-strong and offensive" for selecting styles or something along those lines, and its changed back to the way it was in FHM 5 now where it's only offensive preference and physical preference.
Yeah, there was some mismatched data there from the previous tactical system, it was fixed a few versions ago.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:11 AM   #260
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Game ratings on the roster page. Are those an average or from last game? How much credence do I need to pay attention to?
Season averages. The individual game ratings can be seen on the Game by Game log in the player screen.