Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-16-2019, 04:39 AM   #301
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
It's not a true double-elimination bracket. It's the same modified double-elimination like in the base game, where it's 2 rounds of double-elimination but then drops into a standard elimination bracket after that. A little confusing - we'll probably run a lot less of them going forward.
So the key word is "modified", but it doesn't explain it at all. I thought the "modified" part was the best-of-3 finals. Maybe another half-sentence here or there would help.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 06:51 AM   #302
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
So the key word is "modified", but it doesn't explain it at all. I thought the "modified" part was the best-of-3 finals. Maybe another half-sentence here or there would help.
Further clarification is definitely required to keep players from setting inappropriate expectations that fail to be met when we get bounced after one loss.

I expected this to be more like college baseball and their double elimination tournaments in their playoffs. I wouldn't mind tournaments being something else and not resemble the NCAA, but the naming conventions combined with the lack of clarifying information caused me to expect something that was not being offered.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:45 AM   #303
bailey
Hall Of Famer

You don't need double elimination when you can just start another tournament.

By the way, I tried to add Ripken to my roster this morning and removed someone else. Clicked submit several times. I had no other tournaments going, nor even signed up for, but Ripken never made the team.

Next tournament, I imported the roster I saved with Ripken on it. Maybe that's the secret. Save roster, then import, then submit.

Last edited by bailey; 11-16-2019 at 09:51 AM.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:38 AM   #304
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
If it's the same type restriction-wise, yes. Because most likely you have auto-submit enabled.
That must be it. Disabled for now.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:01 PM   #305
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
That must be it. Disabled for now.
I thought I could manage tournaments more effectively using the 7-day lineups, but it seems changing 1 sometimes affects the others. I'll try disabling auto-submit and see if that helps. I guess, it was not foreseen that some folks would stick to one roster-restriction type.

Of course, they could vary the offerings in 8-man opens between 1)unrestricted 2) historical 3 non-live. I think that fixes the issue.

Last edited by bailey; 11-16-2019 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-16-2019, 01:15 PM   #306
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Cap - 1500 Cheaters

To the OOTP development team, please fix the cap limit exploit asap. To anyone using it, please don't!
Tinkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 02:22 PM   #307
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerman View Post
To the OOTP development team, please fix the cap limit exploit asap. To anyone using it, please don't!
Monday is a new patch, hopefully they fix this one.

And this one:

Turning off auto-submit does not avoid altering the starting pitchers if you check on another tournament.

in 95 Maddux is scheduled starter for game 1 . Good. Hit submit

check on 94 Walsh is next starter .

check result of 95 -- loss. Maddux did not pitch. Walsh got the start instead.

You can't check on tournaments at all mid-stream, just enter and forget it.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:13 PM   #308
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

One thing that would be nice is for the cards on your tourney rosters to have a little mark/icon, or field to sort by. So when looking over your 1000+ card inactive roster, you can quickly determine who not to sell on accident.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 03:53 PM   #309
Catchthedamnball
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
One thing that would be nice is for the cards on your tourney rosters to have a little mark/icon, or field to sort by. So when looking over your 1000+ card inactive roster, you can quickly determine who not to sell on accident.
I only play a handful formats so this may only apply to me but I just keep all the cards I don't want to sell on a filled reserve roster so I just have to look at a card's roster status to see if I can sell it without destroying one of my tournament rosters.

Catchthedamnball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 05:42 PM   #310
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Assume this is a bug, as it's been said you can't have multiple teams from the same license in the same tournament:

Sunday Gold tournament:

I signed up my theme team (Waffletown Syrups) in early this morning.... saw a post in discord where someone mentioned they were able to get more teams into a tourney from one license, so figured I'd try....

second team (O'Fallon Owls) are now signed up as well....

edit: going to leave them in for now if it's needed to help track down the hole.... I'll withdraw the Owls later before it fills up
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by stl jason; 11-16-2019 at 05:47 PM.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:38 PM   #311
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

2 bugs I've found:
1) if you have hide scores ON and you win the tourney, the packs show up automatically so the result is ruined.
2) if you have hide scores ON and you lose a tourney, the simulating clock stops, it just stays on simulating, so you know you are out.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 01:09 AM   #312
elutz31
Minors (Double A)

I was just tweaking my Sunday Gold and Below weekly tournament for tomorrow. ID233000. I also have a Quick Super Big Cap 15003 currently running in the 3rd round. ID1320003. I have a 3 empty spots on this roster to stay under the 1500 cap. I purchased an 89 Greg Maddux off the auction house for the Sunday Gold tournament and it also put it right into the active roster of my 1500 cap team. I'm assuming this happened because I had empty space available. It put my team at 1549. I was able to deactivate the card to keep my at 1500 but after seeing some of the other posts this sounds like its the way people are able to exceed the caps.

This is the 2nd type of issue in this same 1500 format. I previously posted about a new 1500 roster build overwriting the old roster of an active running 1500 tournament while creating a new team for the next 1500. This was acknowledged as a known issue.

Lastly I've run into a few issues in the 16 man quick silvers. After the first time through it transferred my team into the next similar format tournament I was in. I then modified the team from there with seemingly no issues. I did purchase a few cards from the auction house while doing so. This seemed to create a bug in that roster. After the tournament ended I joined another of the same type but it gave me a random default silver roster instead. I then went back to the previous tournament and tried to export it so I could import it into the new tournament to save time rebuilding the roster. It gave me an error 142 if I remember correctly saying I could not import this roster. I have a couple of exportable files for silver tournaments but none of them worked. I think what may have happened was the export was not entirely available as when I purchased a couple cards from the auction house. I also opened a couple of packs. These all go right into reserves of whatever tournament you're in. I may have sold off some of the fodder and the export files were no long valid.
elutz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 10:16 AM   #313
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Thanks so much for all the feedback guys! Tournaments will launch officially tomorrow, please see here:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=308374

Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 01:55 PM   #314
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
Assume this is a bug, as it's been said you can't have multiple teams from the same license in the same tournament:

Sunday Gold tournament:

I signed up my theme team (Waffletown Syrups) in early this morning.... saw a post in discord where someone mentioned they were able to get more teams into a tourney from one license, so figured I'd try....

second team (O'Fallon Owls) are now signed up as well....

edit: going to leave them in for now if it's needed to help track down the hole.... I'll withdraw the Owls later before it fills up
Bumping to confirm that it looks like multiple teams on the same license can still join the same tournament (after the patch and official tournament release).

I'm in a tournament right now (#3300002) where two teams have the same city/name/logo and manager names [user] and [user]2. I'd assume they're on the same license, but I guess I don't know for sure. Is this WAD after an intentional change, or is this a bug?

Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:52 PM   #315
Quavis
Bat Boy

Loving all the new lower player count tournaments that are launching quickly!

I seem to have lost one of my three tournament slots and can only join 2 at a time now. I believe this was caused by registering for a Weekly tournament that did not fill up last week and does not appear to have rolled over into this week.
Quavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:11 PM   #316
TwinsFan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsFan View Post
If this is true then I'm missing my Norm Cash prize for winning ID 226000
a few days ago.

If you need any other info let me know and don't be confused because I already have another Norm Cash that I got from the Tigers mission.
Just a friendly reminder that I still have not received this card.

OOTP 21

OOTP 20
TwinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:57 PM   #317
allenciox
All Star Reserve

So here is a new bug with the latest patch. I installed the patch, and then started up the game. I could go into tournaments and so forth but there is a note on the screen that I am not running the latest client and must install it. But I had!

Now everything to do with tournaments is working... I can register, set lineups, view results, etc. but I cannot go into regular perfect team because that yellow button is non-clickable (with the white message beneath it).

So I tried installing the patch again. Same problem. I then tried rebooting the computer... same problem.

If it helps, I am using the esellerate link since I bought the game when it was first released and it was through them. I have had no problems installing other patches.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:25 PM   #318
chazzycat
All Star Starter

The idea to swap out quick/live/open tourneys for quick/live/CAPPED tourneys doesn't seem to be working out very well. The live/CAPPED ones seem extremely unpopular, they aren't filling at all.

Please bring back the quick/live open tourneys!!
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:54 PM   #319
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

I know I'm not rushing to fill any live tournament. This game taught me a healthy disdain for live cards.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:11 PM   #320
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
I know I'm not rushing to fill any live tournament. This game taught me a healthy disdain for live cards.
Well I'm not saying it's for everyone...but last week the open/live tourneys seemed pretty popular. There were generally plenty to choose from and they filled up quickly. Today it's the opposite of that.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote