Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 06-01-2017, 07:56 PM   #1
rocthabeast
Bat Boy

College Football sim

Any good games?
Old 06-01-2017, 08:51 PM   #2
old fat bald guy
Minors (Triple A)

Grey Dog makes one called Bowl Bound. No licenses, of course, so the players are fictional, but it's easy to edit the database so the schools are not.

The games themselves are kind of disappointing, but I think that's true of every football sim I've tried. Recruiting season is a lot of fun.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:53 AM   #3
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old fat bald guy View Post
Grey Dog makes one called Bowl Bound. No licenses, of course, so the players are fictional, but it's easy to edit the database so the schools are not.

The games themselves are kind of disappointing, but I think that's true of every football sim I've tried. Recruiting season is a lot of fun.
We use Bowl Bound for our online league at simsportsglobal.com and have really enjoyed it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2017, 04:29 PM   #4
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

Wolverine Studio's Draft Day Sports: College Football 2017 is by no means a perfect game but still one that I'd recommend.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:12 PM   #5
jbaumgardt1
Minors (Single A)

I like Wolverine's game because it also has a pro game that is sold separately, but it lets you draft players that graduate from the college game's leagues.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:28 PM   #6
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

Roo Games in England has a good college and pro sim titled "Second and Ten"
Old 07-24-2017, 11:06 AM   #7
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

To anyone who's played both. Do you like Bowl Bound or Draft Day better?
Old 07-24-2017, 03:06 PM   #8
rmoons24
Minors (Single A)

Both have their pros and cons, and in my opinion are very close. I'd say draft day just because it is the much more modern game.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:18 PM   #9
yount19
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Second And Ten!!!

I have played ALL of the football sims and I absolutely LOVE Second And Ten.

They give you a boat load of free seasons with your initial purchase and the customization is incredible!!! I will also tell you that there are plenty of mods that INSTALL ON THEIR OWN!!! (After downloading of course. I am currently replaying the 1970 NFL season with my own schedule and I am also replaying the 1977 NCAA season with a 16 team playoff at the end of the season to find the TRUE #1 team...

You can demo the full game free for 3 days before deciding to purchase...
Old 08-03-2017, 08:09 PM   #10
aurelio94118
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The only decent stat-based NCAA college football game I know of is Action! PC Football by dksports.com. It includes all of the 1-A teams with real player names and stats. Plus the AI is an excellent opponent who remembers what you do. If you like on-line games, they have that too. I've been playing it since 1998.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:01 PM   #11
gglennwill
Minors (Triple A)

I also have Second and Ten and absolutely love it. I think its the best kept secret among football games there is. If you love to replay past seasons, it is perfect. I have played every Rams season since 1950 and I'm currently playing 1956. I have every NFL season from 1932 to last year....at no extra charge to the game. Plus 20 years or so of college teams! If you love to replay seasons, this is a great game.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:14 AM   #12
Diamok
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Aren't Second and Ten and Action! PC Football replay games only, or do they support sim (career, franchise and so on) style game play as well?

Take care,

Last edited by Diamok; 09-15-2017 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:23 PM   #13
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamok View Post
Aren't Second and Ten and Action! PC Football replay games only, or do they support sim (career, franchise and so on) style game play as well?

Take care,
I don't think they support career sim...strictly replay/single season
Old 09-20-2017, 03:13 PM   #14
macgufo
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
I don't think they support career sim...strictly replay/single season
Confirm dave1927 post:
i'm a DKS Action! addict - football - basket - baseball - hockey - golf- are all wonderful games but aren't career sim at all.
Same for Second and Ten.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:30 PM   #15
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamok View Post

Take care,
Second and Ten doesnt have career mode with players developing but they do have an encyclopedia function that will add the years played so you can get career totals.

Action has an encyclopedia but it seems to just keep a database of the years rather than also adding the years together. I could be wrong but i haven't figured out how to get it to do it.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #16
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gglennwill View Post
I also have Second and Ten and absolutely love it. I think its the best kept secret among football games there is. If you love to replay past seasons, it is perfect. I have played every Rams season since 1950 and I'm currently playing 1956. I have every NFL season from 1932 to last year....at no extra charge to the game. Plus 20 years or so of college teams! If you love to replay seasons, this is a great game.
Yeah its a great game. The mods are fantastic and the encyclopedia feature is awesome.
However i don't really like the seeing many seasons with an 7- 8 int game for a qb. I just think it should be rarer for a 7 int let alone an 8 int game.
The mvp selection of a game needs tweaking. Too many defensive linemen get it with stats like 4 tackles and 2 sacks. Should be more difficult for a defensive player to get it to mirror the NFL.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:59 PM   #17
dsvitak
Hall Of Famer

Front Office Football: The College Years was my go-to football game for years. I would love to see this re-freshed, and brought up to OOTP standards for GUI and graphics.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:36 PM   #18
Lee
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvitak View Post
Front Office Football: The College Years was my go-to football game for years. I would love to see this re-freshed, and brought up to OOTP standards for GUI and graphics.

This X1000
Old 02-21-2018, 07:37 PM   #19
Lee
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmoons24 View Post
Both have their pros and cons, and in my opinion are very close. I'd say draft day just because it is the much more modern game.

Agree with this as well, slight edge to Draft Day
Old 02-24-2018, 01:07 PM   #20
bagman67
Minors (Single A)

Stratomatic

Stratomatic is by far the best and most realistic