Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-05-2015, 10:57 AM   #1
sboehler
Minors (Double A)

Question Manager/Owner vs GM Responsibilities

I looked around in the forums and I can't find the answer to this. I am in a league where we have just switched to OOTP16. I am playing as GM and have ensured that I have control over everything (except what I can with the on the field Ops). I also fired my Assistant GM because I thought the AI was making moves I didn't want.

My question is this. I recently had brought up a player to the Major League level as an upgrade to a middle infielder. As soon as the Commish of the league sim'd the week, the player was moved the IR Waivers and DFA (none of my doing).

Is there a reason for this? I had to ask the Commish to put the player back on my team, but am not sure if it will happen again. How do I truly know what I , as GM, have control over and what will be the game.

One person in our league mentioned my manager is a 'tactician' and maybe that was it? I am lost.. Any help would be appreciated..

Scott

Last edited by sboehler; 11-05-2015 at 11:00 AM.
sboehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:20 AM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Click on your Manager Home page, then on the "Control and Auto Play Settings" tab.

This page will open. Set what you wish to control here.
_
Attached Images
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:32 AM   #3
sboehler
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Click on your Manager Home page, then on the "Control and Auto Play Settings" tab.

This page will open. Set what you wish to control here.
_

Yeah that is the problem.. They are all my name (have been since we transitioned to OOTP16
Old 11-05-2015, 11:36 AM   #4
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

On your Team settings page, is the box checked to "Prevent any AI roster changes"?
Old 11-05-2015, 11:51 AM   #5
sboehler
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
On your Team settings page, is the box checked to "Prevent any AI roster changes"?
I don't have the option on my view.. Is that something maybe the commish can see and I can't?
Old 11-05-2015, 12:34 PM   #6
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sboehler View Post
I don't have the option on my view.. Is that something maybe the commish can see and I can't?
Yes, get him to check it.

Other than that, I'm not sure what's causing the problem.

If you don't get it sorted, maybe get the Commish to delete you as a GM, then create you again as a new GM and try the control/autoplay settings.

Someone else might come along with a solution (hopefully).
Old 11-05-2015, 01:35 PM   #7
sboehler
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Yes, get him to check it.

Other than that, I'm not sure what's causing the problem.

If you don't get it sorted, maybe get the Commish to delete you as a GM, then create you again as a new GM and try the control/autoplay settings.

Someone else might come along with a solution (hopefully).
So he checked and mine was unchecked; however all teams in the league are unchecked and nobody else has that problem. I will have him try and delete and recreate.. Thanks for all the help.. I will keep you posted..
Old 11-05-2015, 01:39 PM   #8
sboehler
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
So he checked and mine was unchecked; however all teams in the league are unchecked and nobody else has that problem. I will have him try and delete and recreate.. Thanks for all the help.. I will keep you posted..
Is there a way to delete a GM, but keep his history somehow? May be impossible.. was just curious.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:49 PM   #9
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is there a way to delete a GM, but keep his history somehow? May be impossible.. was just curious.
I don't think so, that could be a problem for you.

This just seems odd, especially if it's only your team. It's as if a setting is stuck for Asst GM even though you fired him.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:51 PM   #10
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Did you get your Commish to try setting all your GM controls to you? He'd have to do a new upload and then you'd need to import and try it to see if it works.

Hate to see you lose your history.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:59 PM   #11
sboehler
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Did you get your Commish to try setting all your GM controls to you? He'd have to do a new upload and then you'd need to import and try it to see if it works.

Hate to see you lose your history.
I will ask him.. yeah it is really odd since none of the other teams have an issue at all..