Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 08-11-2015, 08:27 PM   #1
KiansKrew
Bat Boy

Star player's ratings plummeting from season to season

I am currently in year 5 of a MLB real season I started. I've noticed each year star players ratings are dropping like flys(even young guys)

Chris sale: is down to 2 star, has slowly went down from beginning
Mike trout: 2.5 stars. After year 2 he went down to 4, year three it was 3.5, etc
Javier Baez(chc prospect): he went from a 5 star potential year one to a 1 star overall/potential year 5

These are just examples, it's almost all players I have noticed are slowly dropping some losing 2-3 stars a year. I wouldn't mind this if prospects were coming up to take their places but even prospects are going down.

Is there a way to see what is causing this or is it a bugged season and I should restart? It seems on some batters that their babip is falling down 50-100 points sometimes more but their overall at the top stays the same. Like Mike trout for example is still 146 at the top[I think it's the contact(babip+ks)] and pitchers it looks like their GB average always go down to 46 and their stuff drops.

Is there a way to see who is dropping each year and what stats are dropping?
KiansKrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:51 PM   #2
xepicx2729
Major Leagues

Usually, this is caused by injuries. Baez dropped because some prospects just don't pan out.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:30 PM   #3
KiansKrew
Bat Boy

There were some injuries of course, but I don't recall seeing that many injuries. I usually get a message for all injuries around the league.

I know trout didn't get injured.

Baez had reached his potential and was 5/5 stars and this last offseason I was looking at the Cubs roster and I didn't see him. I looked on disabled list, he wasn't there. I checked the minors roster and there he was 1 star. The previous season he was their second baseman and was 5 stars. I checked his history no injuries.

I will go on and check some players for past injuries.

Most teams have 2-3 five star players a few 4,3,2 but most rosters are filled with 1 star players young and old. And their minors system aren't much better.

My team has improved, but I feel I mostly won the World Series this year because all the other teams became worse. I am the Indians

I am at the end of year 5, should I just start over from the beginning or is this just going to happen again?
Old 08-12-2015, 10:32 AM   #4
wodi
All Star Reserve

I don't mind the decease in ability, but I think there should be an equal increase in other players abilities. You rarely see prospects have their potential increase, only decrease.

It's like when EA sports makes their in season madden ratings adjustments. They love to increase the ratings of players, but they rarely decrease player ratings, leaving you with rosters that are extremely top heavy and unrealistic.

In my experience in this game the only way to acquire star or superstar players through the farm system (aka the minor league list of players) is to draft them with a top pick.

I'm not saying that every team should have 1 star prospects turn into superstars, but the draft should not be like the nba where you're not getting a star player unless you have a top pick.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:40 AM   #5
KiansKrew
Bat Boy

Another example:

Raul Mondesi of the Royals was a 4.5/4.5 player last season

Now he is all of a sudden a 2 star with 4 star potential

It's basically happening to all players: young, old, good or bad, no matter how good they do the previous season.

It's great to win the World Series but I feel like the only reason I was won was because all the other teams are taking steps back.

Maybe I'll just start over and see if it's any different. I feel like at this rate 15-20 years down the road the best players will be 2.5-3 stars and then eventually 1 stars everywhere
Old 08-12-2015, 02:05 PM   #6
wodi
All Star Reserve

Star player's ratings plummeting from season to season

It won't be that drastic.

The simple solution is to just use the editor.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 10:44 PM   #7
KiansKrew
Bat Boy

I didn't want to have to use the editor for attributes.

Maybe the game is showing a decline in interest an overall talent in baseball in the season I have started.

I am going to start a new season(while keeping the old one too) and see what happens!
Old 08-16-2015, 08:13 PM   #8
BaseballBeast
Minors (Single A)

I think it just varies through your leagues. Some guys will be great one league but not so great for another league
BaseballBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:52 AM   #9
Thunder
Hall Of Famer

The aging model could be better. There are more Joe Charboneaus and Mark Fidrychs in OOTP than there are in real life. Too many times I've seen Gold Glove OF at around age 24 turn into bumbling fools out there within two years. Barring a serious leg injury, that just doesn't happen. It happens in OOTP.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:13 PM   #10
Kent814
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
The aging model could be better. There are more Joe Charboneaus and Mark Fidrychs in OOTP than there are in real life. Too many times I've seen Gold Glove OF at around age 24 turn into bumbling fools out there within two years. Barring a serious leg injury, that just doesn't happen. It happens in OOTP.
Ubaldo jimenez bud norris bj upton jason heyward(to an extent) will middlebrooks to name a few
Kent814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:46 PM   #11
BaseballBeast
Minors (Single A)

It just depends. In one of my Leagues, I have gone to 2022 so far and Mike Trout has gone to every all-star game and has won MVP every year except for 2017
BaseballBeast is offline   Reply With Quote