Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 08-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #81
The Funk
All Star Reserve

Wow, another 3 golds! - Jess Ennis, olympics postergirl, caned the heptathlon and pretty much guaranteed that we're going to see her advertise an awful lot more products than she already does.

Then another sitting down medal as Greg Rutherford won the men's who can sit down in some sand the furthest from their starting point without touching the floor event. Poor guy probably won't even get remembered though because following on from him...

Mo Farrah ran a perfect race to become the first Briton to win olympic gold at 10,000 metres and show exactly why we need to encourage more immigration from East Africa.

His Yankee training partner stormed the final straight to take silver from the defending champ, which was nice as they were both muy contento. Farrah them almost rolled his head into some of the American's spit on the track, which would have topped off a perfect evening.

Last edited by The Funk; 08-04-2012 at 06:03 PM.
The Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:25 PM   #82
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post

Team USA Olympic Basketball? Who cares?
Still don't care?

That was a great game today.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:20 AM   #83
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Funk View Post
Wow, another 3 golds! - Jess Ennis, olympics postergirl, caned the heptathlon and pretty much guaranteed that we're going to see her advertise an awful lot more products than she already does.

Then another sitting down medal as Greg Rutherford won the men's who can sit down in some sand the furthest from their starting point without touching the floor event. Poor guy probably won't even get remembered though because following on from him...

Mo Farrah ran a perfect race to become the first Briton to win olympic gold at 10,000 metres and show exactly why we need to encourage more immigration from East Africa.

His Yankee training partner stormed the final straight to take silver from the defending champ, which was nice as they were both muy contento. Farrah them almost rolled his head into some of the American's spit on the track, which would have topped off a perfect evening.
Way we're going there wont be a red post box left, they'll all be gold
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #84
The Funk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukhotstove View Post
Way we're going there wont be a red post box left, they'll all be gold
Yeah, hoping Clancy and Ainsley can do the biz today. Clancy's gonna have to nail the scratch race though I reckon.

Good time to be a seller of gold paint!

Old 08-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #85
The Funk
All Star Reserve

Holy crap, we won the men's singles tennins! Britain won a major trophy in men's singles tennis!?!?!?!

Must be drugs. Our whole team is on drugs at the moment.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #86
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Andy Murray is great...lots of fun to watch him.
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #87
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Lightning strikes twice!
kenyan_cheena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #88
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
Still don't care?

That was a great game today.
Heh, I've got to admit that I have not a clue as to what you are talking about. I'll read about it tomorrow, I guess.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #89
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I did see this, however, and it was inspiring.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #90
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Usain Bolt - United States of America Hym (Epic moment) Olympics - YouTube

Classy!!
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:07 AM   #91
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorseMoose View Post
Andy Murray is great...lots of fun to watch him.
And then in true Andy Murray fashion, his mixed doubles pairing with Laura Robson dominates Azarenka and Mirnyi until they were broken once, at which point they collapsed. I can understand Azarenka's one of the best female tennis players in the world, but Murray is a top 4 man, Robson is good and Mirnyi is terrible from what I've seen. But, so is the Andy Murray way of play.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #92
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damientheomen3 View Post
And then in true Andy Murray fashion, his mixed doubles pairing with Laura Robson dominates Azarenka and Mirnyi until they were broken once, at which point they collapsed. I can understand Azarenka's one of the best female tennis players in the world, but Murray is a top 4 man, Robson is good and Mirnyi is terrible from what I've seen. But, so is the Andy Murray way of play.
Yup bad day at work, gold and silver on the same day.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #93
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Holy crap, we won the men's singles tennins! Britain won a major trophy in men's singles tennis!?!?!?!

Must be drugs. Our whole team is on drugs at the moment.
A few countries are having a bellyache about the cycling team, French complained that one of their riders couldn't train in the velodrome even though he was a reserve and he wouldn't even be riding in any of the races that are left

The French have found our secret weapon though The French have said we are using "magic wheels", yes the secret is out the British are using round wheels damn those French.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #94
The Funk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
A few countries are having a bellyache about the cycling team, French complained that one of their riders couldn't train in the velodrome even though he was a reserve and he wouldn't even be riding in any of the races that are left

The French have found our secret weapon though The French have said we are using "magic wheels", yes the secret is out the British are using round wheels damn those French.
Gotta love them magic wheels! Mind you Chris Boardman, technical chief of UK cycling + commentator said he can say 'for a fact that they're exactly the same wheels that we used in Athens'. Mwah hah, it's taken them 8 years to work out that we use magic wheels!!! Fools.

Whilst GB cycling do love their little 'marginal gains' equipment, they do also love playing psychological mind****ery, particularly when making it seem like we have massive technical secrets. Another marginal gain. Make the opposition think they're disadvantaged from the start and they will be.

Incidentally, commentator said that Belarussian tennis bloke has won 14 career grandslam doubles titles, so he's pretty good on the big court. Even so, GB threw that one away.

MURRAY YOU SUCK!

And Bolt, what a legend!

Old 08-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #95
RchW
Hall Of Famer

US v CAN

Too bad the refereeing is not up to the standards of the players in the women's football match. Just terrible.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #96
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Too bad the refereeing is not up to the standards of the players in the women's football match. Just terrible.
They have been pretty pure of what I've seen, the ref in the GB v Senegal game was great in the first half but lost his bottle in the second half.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #97
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Gotta love them magic wheels! Mind you Chris Boardman, technical chief of UK cycling + commentator said he can say 'for a fact that they're exactly the same wheels that we used in Athens'. Mwah hah, it's taken them 8 years to work out that we use magic wheels!!! Fools.

Whilst GB cycling do love their little 'marginal gains' equipment, they do also love playing psychological mind****ery, particularly when making it seem like we have massive technical secrets. Another marginal gain. Make the opposition think they're disadvantaged from the start and they will be.

Incidentally, commentator said that Belarussian tennis bloke has won 14 career grandslam doubles titles, so he's pretty good on the big court. Even so, GB threw that one away.

MURRAY YOU SUCK!

And Bolt, what a legend!
Think the moment got to Robson, if her serve had been just average they'd be wearing gold.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #98
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
They have been pretty pure of what I've seen, the ref in the GB v Senegal game was great in the first half but lost his bottle in the second half.
Did you watch the US v CAN game?

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #99
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yup bad day at work, gold and silver on the same day.
Did you not see me give him credit as one of the top 4 men in the world (which puts him in a club a full tier ahead of the rest)? With how Azarenka was playing and Mirnyi was serving (although he sucked at almost everything else, Mirnyi had a pretty good day serving), Murray had to drive the team to the win. And he did so fantastically in the first set. The second set was pretty good but once they were broken, he didn't play as well. Was 91st ranked, 18 year old Laura Robson supposed to drive this car and keep Murray in check?

It was a good match overall, and the 3rd 'set' proved that even when not fully on, Murray's still a damn good tennis player. But really, if he could just keep his emotions in check, he'd have won gold in singles and doubles in his home nation and would probably have a major or two somewhere in his career too. I still really, really hope he wins one, especially a Wimbledon, as he's my favorite active tennis player, emotional spouts and all.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #100
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Did you watch the US v CAN game?
Just finished it, I missed the 1st half. The handball call was atrocious. Other than that the rest of the game I saw did not look poorly called. Too bad the handball was such a significant play in the game.