Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 08-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
Cras
Hall Of Famer

Added an option to the league standing screen to select a date for the displayed standings

Can this be made into an option? Like soon?

As I have said elsewhere, this feature does not update with the current date of play, so when I sit looking at the standing screen, and press the "auto-play till tomorrow" box, the standing screen does not progress.

It has completely busted the way I have played this game for years, the feature is a total mess and is best left out of the release version of the game until properly implemented, and I would rather have never seen this horrid feature at all, than what we have now.

I am posting this in its own thread, because really, I hate this feature. I despise it. And I would like it either fixed or removed entirely.

And I sort of have to ask for this, nay demand, since I cannot just simple roll back to before this latest patch, because I am not really too excited about playing the game with broken personel contracts, or the broken off-season center screen either.

[/RANT]
2000, 2005, 2008 American League Central Division Champions
1983, 1993 American League West Division Champions

OOTP | Orbiter | SSMS | FSX | LoL | MLP:FIM!
Cras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #2
endgame
Hall Of Famer

You lost me here, in your fervor. What doesn't work, exactly? For instance, I have today's standings with leaderboard showing, click Autoplay (or the checkmark) and the screen updates. Are you saying it doesn't update when looking at 'past' months?
Old 08-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

I can't find the thread now, but there was a previous one that mentioned this and Markus had commented on the problem saying he would fix it.

It may be lost in the pages that followed the release of this most recent patch.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #4
Cras
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
You lost me here, in your fervor. What doesn't work, exactly? For instance, I have today's standings with leaderboard showing, click Autoplay (or the checkmark) and the screen updates. Are you saying it doesn't update when looking at 'past' months?
This does not occur for me. For example, I go to the standings screen, with the leaderboards. Say it is Aug 11. It displays that day. I press the box to sim till tomorrow, the standings remain on Aug 11, and since the game is now Aug 12 the leaderboard display goes away (since it is only shown for the current date).

So...is it something that is broken on my end?

Old 08-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #5
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cras View Post
This does not occur for me. For example, I go to the standings screen, with the leaderboards. Say it is Aug 11. It displays that day. I press the box to sim till tomorrow, the standings remain on Aug 11, and since the game is now Aug 12 the leaderboard display goes away (since it is only shown for the current date).

I'll look again. So you're saying the W-L etc... updates, but the leaderboard disappears and doesn't stick? There may, as Bluenose indicated, be an existing bug report on this and I'll look there, too. There've been a fair share of entries in there since the patch, but no one, surprisingly, has been around to look at them since it was released.

Regardless, I'll do a quick search and post up shortly, if I can. One more time, though, it's the leaderboard issue that has you riled up, right? Am I getting that right? And I'll run a quick test game, too, to make sure I see what you're seeing in a new league.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #6
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Curious, what happens when you click on "finish today" does it then go to the next day with the leaderboards showing?
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
Cras
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll look again. So you're saying the W-L etc... updates, but the leaderboard disappears and doesn't stick? There may, as Bluenose indicated, be an existing bug report on this and I'll look there, too. There've been a fair share of entries in there since the patch, but no one, surprisingly, has been around to look at them since it was released.

Regardless, I'll do a quick search and post up shortly, if I can. One more time, though, it's the leaderboard issue that has you riled up, right? Am I getting that right? And I'll run a quick test game, too, to make sure I see what you're seeing in a new league.
No, it is also the W-Ls. It is an issue where the standings display fall back from the current day to a past day.

Ill will grab some pics.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #8
Cras
Hall Of Famer

Pic 1, as I load up the game. As it so happens, I am on August 11, 1938.

Aug 11

I press the advance day check box looking button, and I get this:

Aug 12

As you can see, the game moves forward to Aug 12, but the standing screen does not keep up, it stays on Aug 11. I have to either manually move the date up, or reload the standing screen by using the hotkey assignment (this happens when the screen is accessed normally as well).

Old 08-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #9
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Didn't get your pics, but did create a new test league and verified what you're seeing. Yep, no good. Checkmark advances day, but the standings don't advance and the leaderboard disappears. I'll get it marked urgent and in the reports. Needs addressed, without argument.

Don't know why I hadn't noticed it, or when it began, because I'd utilized it during test period and never saw this behavior. If I had to guess, .22 may have had an effect?

Anyway, it'll be logged before the day's out. Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #10
Cras
Hall Of Famer

I noticed the pics didnt work so I put a link to them for good measure.

Thanks.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #11
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Can this be made into an option? Like soon?

As I have said elsewhere, this feature does not update with the current date of play, so when I sit looking at the standing screen, and press the "auto-play till tomorrow" box, the standing screen does not progress.

It has completely busted the way I have played this game for years, the feature is a total mess and is best left out of the release version of the game until properly implemented, and I would rather have never seen this horrid feature at all, than what we have now.

I am posting this in its own thread, because really, I hate this feature. I despise it. And I would like it either fixed or removed entirely.

And I sort of have to ask for this, nay demand, since I cannot just simple roll back to before this latest patch, because I am not really too excited about playing the game with broken personel contracts, or the broken off-season center screen either.

[/RANT]
Quote:
Didn't get your pics, but did create a new test league and verified what you're seeing. Yep, no good. Checkmark advances day, but the standings don't advance and the leaderboard disappears. I'll get it marked urgent and in the reports. Needs addressed, without argument.

Don't know why I hadn't noticed it, or when it began, because I'd utilized it during test period and never saw this behavior. If I had to guess, .22 may have had an effect?

Anyway, it'll be logged before the day's out. Thanks for pointing it out.
Nice work, you guys. It was beautiful watching this thread develop today!
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #12
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Okay, logged along with another issue. Up to the brass now. Update you when, and if, I hear anything. Certainly hope this solicits a quick fix and an additional build as it really is a show-stopper for this style of play, day by day, or bunches, it needs to be solid. I do thank you again for bringing it to the forefront. Would've disappointed me as well once my season got started.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #13
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Not that the issue needs additional verification, but it's there and needs to be gone, quickly. Have to say, I don't ever recall so many bugs being introduced in updates prior to this years release. Not good.
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #14
Cras
Hall Of Famer

I am going to clarify things here after the picture changed a little, it may help with squashing the bug.

Let us say it is Aug 1.
Go to the standings page, the one with the leader-boards. press the "auto-sim to tomorrow" button.

What happens is:
-the game date will advance to tomorrow, being Aug 2.

-the "Date of Standings" date stays the same, being Aug 1.

-The W-L actually is updated, so it reflects the results of the games played on Aug 1.

-The date for the standings seems locked at Aug 1.

-Pressing the "auto-sim to tomorrow" button and the W-L will not update again. The standing screen has to be "reloaded".

It seems to me that this behavior makes sense if you interpret the "date of standings" to mean what the standings are at the END of the day, meaning after all the games scheduled have been played.

Last edited by Cras; 08-05-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #15
Cras
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Okay, logged along with another issue. Up to the brass now. Update you when, and if, I hear anything. Certainly hope this solicits a quick fix and an additional build as it really is a show-stopper for this style of play, day by day, or bunches, it needs to be solid. I do thank you again for bringing it to the forefront. Would've disappointed me as well once my season got started.
I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the response. Thank you ^10

Old 08-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #16
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the response. Thank you ^10
Well, thanks for the thanks. Promised you an update when I had one. Good news it's in queue, so it'll be looked at. As goes timetable, not what I'd hoped for, as no new build is planned for August. I'd be speculating, if I thought there'd be any interim patch before the 'playoff patch', but remain optimistic. I know it cramps your style, if not demands you change it altogther until then, but what it is, it is. Guess we'll have to try and be patient, and work around it in the meantime. Sorry for the inconvenience. I wish there were more I could do.

Last edited by endgame; 08-07-2012 at 11:43 AM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #17
endgame
Hall Of Famer

This issue is now marked as Fixed, FWIW, and is included in the BETA patch available now.

Last edited by endgame; 08-11-2012 at 11:30 PM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote