Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-12-2020, 07:47 PM   #81
Orion
Major Leagues

Hope everyone is well. Angel Fire continues to whale away at the competition, though they narrowly evaded defeat in the WS to a much weaker team, falling behind 3-1 before shutting them down, 1 run allowed in 3 straight games to seize the Stone Title. Swamptown, up in bronze, found the going tougher. The team is good, they managed to finish the AL collection, but can't run with teams that have completed both leagues and/or whaling. They lost in the WC game. I had about 6k and figured, eh, we need to get lucky to get ahead here, and if we don't at least we can get a few cards for the NL collection along the way. Managed to pull 2 diamonds (live pitchers but can't complain) out of the 6 packs. Sold off some of the players and ended up with another 7k, got 7 more packs and got another diamond, this time exactly what the team needed, a LH DH: 91 Harry Lumley, a guy who can hit, hit for power, and is a very good baserunner to boot. We didn't have any old timey guys on the team so he is a nice add. 3 diamonds in 13 packs...as many as Angel Fire got ripping 100 this week..At least they got a nice 96 Ernie Banks out of it.

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 08:03 PM   #82
daves
Hall Of Famer

My teams from the prior versions did not fair well today, but at least the Seawolves won their 1st title.
Attached Images

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 08:09 PM   #83
Orion
Major Leagues

Oh and one thing I forgot, wanted to say Hank Greenberg is da bomb, at least so far. 2 time MVP on a loaded team, he looks to be a 40+ HR a year guy even when he starts having to face good pitching, and should hit for average and have an OBP around .400 most years. Sign me up. Yes there are a lot of great 1b around but I like a bopper at 1b and Greenberg is definitely that.

Old 04-12-2020, 08:30 PM   #84
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
Oh and one thing I forgot, wanted to say Hank Greenberg is da bomb, at least so far. 2 time MVP on a loaded team, he looks to be a 40+ HR a year guy even when he starts having to face good pitching, and should hit for average and have an OBP around .400 most years. Sign me up. Yes there are a lot of great 1b around but I like a bopper at 1b and Greenberg is definitely that.
Peak Greenberg? He looks great but costs more than my team.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 08:55 PM   #85
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Peak Greenberg? He looks great but costs more than my team.
Was lucky enough to pull from a pack. Admittedly pricey, but I think he compares well to guys like Cap Anson who are going for up to 2x as much.

Old 04-12-2020, 09:26 PM   #86
SouthernStar71
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
My teams from the prior versions did not fair well today, but at least the Seawolves won their 1st title.
I lost in the WC game so I didn't have/get to play you.
Old 04-12-2020, 09:56 PM   #87
sam10gle
Minors (Single A)

Lost in the LDS 3-2 to the wild card team from my division At least I get something added to the sig.

In other news, I finally got my Redlegs up and running properly with only Reds.

F2P PT25 Reds Theme Team:

F2P PT25 Standard Packs Only:

F2P PT24:

sam10gle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 10:20 PM   #88
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

Two wins this week (and an incredibly disappointing season in Stone from Tahiti). I'm pretty sure Hollywoo is already better than any of my teams in XX, though there's better cards in PT 3.0 so it's hard to compare.

Hollywoo should be competitive for awhile, given it's based on the great live collections cards and has been buoyed by 100 Kershaw and 94 Max Lanier. Only got six AL live missions left and I should be all done in two weeks (sadly got three of the most expensive missions in Houston, White Sox and Yankees left).

Letterkenny has better defense then Hollywoo but the pitching isn't as good. We'll see if they continue to do well in Bronze.
Old 04-13-2020, 03:22 AM   #89
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Season Review

Paragon City Heroes 95-68 missed playoffs after 1 game decider

Honus Wagner won a great bat and great glove, given that its only the 96 version and that we are inn a pretty loaded league with a lot of top tier SS that was very surprising, worth the 48k i spent on him

Toby Harrah won a great bat at 3b, he started out hot but tailed off a bit, but .819 OPS 28 HR 17 SB, is a nice return at 3B, and well worth the 28k paid, again considering the stacked league

Robinson Cano won great bat at 2b despite only playing vs righty starters (434 PA), an odd one, but he's definitely one of the better collection cards

Maddux SE was my no1 pitcher with 19 wins 3.76ERA

the biggest issues were my bullpen and DH spot (Ralph Kiner struggled to break .200) Ed Delahanty (94) comes in as hopefully a much needed big righty bat. Jason Isringhausen and Brad Lesley are both cheap additions to the pen but both have fairly balanced splits which i'm thinking is a good thing with the 3 batter minimum.

Lowdown Lugnuts 82-80 missed playoffs after self imploding

Frank Robinson (92) won a great bat 39HR 111RBI .915 OPS great DH

Buck Herzog won a great glove at 2b, not unexpected as he is 117 rated, but he's moving back to SS next season with Snuffy Stirnweiss coming in at 2b

Main issue with this team is while the IF defence is crazy the OF defence is severely lacking, but finding the right players and having enough PP are issues as we are F2P

San Angeles 70s 91-71 lost in the 2nd round 4-1 to Herbie Hancocks

No great bats or great gloves, most of the season was spent training, which will happen again as i managed to pick up Larry Bowa, so sold my Campy at a collection premium (16k) Bowa goes to second, and Fregosi shifts to third. Biggest struggle is finding 70s cards (or Peak cards with 70s design) at reasonable prices.

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 03:26 AM   #90
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

After 2 painful playoffs losses, Doha won its first title of 21 in a very competitive Silver.257. Now we move on to Gold where the competition will be even stiffer, since there will be only 4 or 5 leagues.

The goal I set for this team is to reach the inaugural Perfect League in 3 weeks time, but it all depends on how many teams will be promoted and the leagues' draw.

Having started from the bottom a week later, Great Lakes and Perugia are still climbing the ladder, and will both be in Iron this week.

Last edited by moalkha; 04-13-2020 at 03:27 AM.
moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote