Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2005, 03:03 PM   #41
halofan26
All Star Starter

he is on the Mets
THE best baseball info and fan site ever
The best Angels fan site
"Because i got high" - Afroman
Old 01-25-2005, 02:35 AM   #42
QuestGAV
Hall Of Famer

I'm having an issue playing with the set here - currently the ticker at the top of the game window states that it is Monday April 12th... but the schedule screen says it is Wednesday April 12th. Did I screw things up some how or is this a function of something you did to the roster set?
Old 01-25-2005, 07:32 AM   #43
Drag
Bat Boy

Halofan, a couple of things concerning the Devil Rays (although I may be the only person who cares).

First off, Trever Miller isn't a Free Agent and is still under contract (arbitration eligable). I can't fault you for that, for some reason the Rays website didn't list him on their 40-man roster.

Second, Catcher Mitch Meluskey, IF Jason Maxwell aren't in the organization any longer.

Also, P Roy Corocoran is on the Nationals, the Devil Rays have a player named Tim Corcoran, who isn't in the game.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:06 PM   #44
halofan26
All Star Starter

The Devil Ray issue you are referring to was stuff that had to be redone, but i had forgotten to do it, plain and simple

as for the schedule, i dont have a clue, nothing i did to the set, as i havent touched the schedule yet
The best Angels fan site
Old 01-28-2005, 01:02 PM   #45
ZMan
Minors (Double A)

This might just be me, but everytime I have used HaloFan's roster to test-sim seasons, the Devil Rays win the AL East, or Toronto gets close.

And the Yankees and Red Sox are always .500 teams who miss out on the playoffs. All the rest of the divisions seem to produce finishes more in line with what you'd expect. Anybody find this too? Is Lou Piniella's bribe-paying rating set at 100 in the roster set?
Old 01-28-2005, 01:43 PM   #46
Drag
Bat Boy

When I used Halofan's last udpate (before this one), my DRays finished in 2nd behind Toronto, but with this one, they finished in last place (last in the league actually). Of course, toronto won it both times, which is strange.

And you are right, for some reason the Red Sox and Yankees don't really do that great.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:01 PM   #47
ZMan
Minors (Double A)

My theory is that it is not so much HaloFan's ratings, but the fact that the Yankees and Red Sox tend to have older rosters, and with OOTP6's tendency to deteriorate late 30's/early 40's guys quickly, you see Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling flame out by May.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:23 PM   #48
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

I appologize ahead of time if this has been asked:

-What are the best "add-ons" for the 2005 season ala stadiums, logos etc etc. What are you guys using? I'd like to get the closest thing to real life MLB 2005 as possible.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:23 PM   #49
halofan26
All Star Starter

That is what i have noticed in about 35-40% of my test seasons. older teams dont fair as well for as long, now when i ran the last 10 seasons on the current set the Yankees won the first year and Boston the next, but Tampa Bay won 3 of the titles in the East and 2 wildcard bids in those 10 years and the ONLY thing i could come up with was the youth of the team, now surprisingly, the Blue Jays were one of the worst teams during this period, finishing no higher than 2nd (2011) and 19.5 games back. I have tried in this set to make players like Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling last a little longer, but i can only get 2 "good" seasons from Johnson and no more than 4 for Schilling
The best Angels fan site
Old 01-28-2005, 02:52 PM   #50
ZMan
Minors (Double A)

the problem is inherent in the fact that, for instance, Randy Johnson usually plummets to 2 or less stars by summertime.

The aging factor, I hope, gets a reworking for OOTP7.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:23 PM   #51
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan
My theory is that it is not so much HaloFan's ratings, but the fact that the Yankees and Red Sox tend to have older rosters, and with OOTP6's tendency to deteriorate late 30's/early 40's guys quickly, you see Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling flame out by May.

The reason they age fast is simple

Goto league setting and you will see halofan has all the development and age set to 12% BY DEFAULT

You have to goto league setting and setup everything the way you want, before you start your new season.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:29 AM   #52
halofan26
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic

Goto league setting and you will see halofan has all the development and age set to 12% BY DEFAULT

You have to goto league setting and setup everything the way you want, before you start your new season.
that too lol
The best Angels fan site
Old 01-29-2005, 01:43 AM   #53
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by halofan26
there is also the end of 2004...i think its dated 11-2-04 and i think its at the bottom of the roster page
Is this your file or someone elses because I cannot find one like this made by you.

Great work for certain! Thanks.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:54 AM   #54
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, I found the file but when I load it it has a date of March 2004. Wasn't this one suppose to start with the 2004-2005 offseason or was that a different one? Im not looking for the *most* accurate up to date one right now just the one at the beginning of the current MLB offseason.

Thanks again!
Old 01-30-2005, 01:42 PM   #55
halofan26
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike47
Sorry, I found the file but when I load it it has a date of March 2004. Wasn't this one suppose to start with the 2004-2005 offseason or was that a different one? Im not looking for the *most* accurate up to date one right now just the one at the beginning of the current MLB offseason.

Thanks again!
That "hot stove" set i was going to was put off because i have my end of 2004 season roster still up so anyone can get that file and download it and do what they want with it
The best Angels fan site
Old 01-31-2005, 01:05 AM   #56
spark240
All Star Reserve

Last edited by spark240; 05-08-2006 at 12:40 AM.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:09 AM   #57
Metsui
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:

How do these settings work? What does the 12% refer to?
Old 01-31-2005, 12:03 PM   #58
halofan26
All Star Starter

the players develop 12% faster or decline in age -12% ( i think that is what i have it at). these are the most normal results that i have gotten. it keeps players in their mid 30's that are upper level type players (3 stars or above) from retiring and taking huge ratings hits in a one year or 2 year period....some end up changing them to higher numbers and some make them lower, its just a mtter of opinion
The best Angels fan site
Old 01-31-2005, 01:25 PM   #59
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

I think a lot of people think using halofan roster that you have to go by the league setting he has on there.

Your suppose to goto league setting and change it, the way you want before you start your league.

i recommend to use Skydog league Setting for ootp 6.11. He tested it out and it works great.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:30 PM   #60
Metsui
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I think a lot of people think using halofan roster that you have to go by the league setting he has on there.

Your suppose to goto league setting and change it, the way you want before you start your league.

i recommend to use Skydog league Setting for ootp 6.11. He tested it out and it works great.
I'll do a search for that. Thanks. In case I don't find it though, where can I find Skydog's settings?