Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-15-2019, 11:43 PM   #2481
Magus978
All Star Starter

It's all gonna come down to the Patriots last series at NC East champions Palolo. The teams have split the first 16 games.

New York will at worst be even with Silly Department with 3 to play. Sanguine still alive, 2.5 back. They've got a pulse, but it may be a faint one at best.

Got a feeling the Patriots used up all their luck just to get back in the race, especially since they had to throw the in-form Jerry Reuss out there just to win the finale against Royal Street, and as such won't have him for the Palolo series. Ismael Valdez, Frank Viola, and Gary Nolan are set to pitch for the Patriots. However, if I have to, I'm prepared to throw Joey Hamilton out there on short rest in the finale.

Reuss will be kept aside just incase there is a game 163. Otherwise, if the Patriots get in, he will be the team's wildcard game starter.

EDIT: 1 GAME LEAD WITH 3 TO GO. This is not a drill. I AM NOT ASKING FOR MUCH! 2 OUT OF 3 AGAINST THE PUPPIES AND ONE MORE SILLY DEPARTMENT LOSS. PLEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 06-16-2019 at 12:07 AM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 12:58 AM   #2482
Magus978
All Star Starter

STATE OF PLAY WITH 2 TO GO
Harlem (86-74) have clinched the AC East and will be either the #2 or #3 seed

Janesville (83-77) will be a wildcard and will probably have home field for the American Conference wildcard round

Asylum (79-81) MUST win out and hope the teams ahead of them lose in order to have a chance at a playoff for the second wildcard.

Palolo (94-66) have already clinched the NC East, and can still win the #1 seed if they win their final two games.

Seattle (95-65) will clinch the #1 seed in the National Conference playoffs with any combination of 2 Seattle wins and/or Palolo losses.

New York (86-74) can clinch the second wildcard in the National Conference with either one more win or one more Silly Department Walkers (84-76) loss. They are assured of at least a tie for the second wildcard.

Old 06-16-2019, 01:00 AM   #2483
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Come on King Felix, channel your Mariner spirit along with Ichiro and give me a win for the Armada!
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:03 AM   #2484
Magus978
All Star Starter

BREAKING: With their 3-0 win over the Palolo Puppies on October 1, 2030, the New York Patriots have CLINCHED the second wildcard in the National Conference!

They will face the San Diego Aztecs in the NC Wildcard round. New York returns to Serious October Baseball for the first time since 2027!

#MarchOfThePatriots

Last edited by Magus978; 06-16-2019 at 01:04 AM.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:06 AM   #2485
Argonaut
All Star Starter

EDIT: Playoffs

Last edited by Argonaut; 06-16-2019 at 06:45 AM.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:09 AM   #2486
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
BREAKING: With their 3-0 win over the Palolo Puppies on October 1, 2030, the New York Patriots have CLINCHED the second wildcard in the National Conference!

They will face the San Diego Aztecs in the NC Wildcard round. New York returns to Serious October Baseball for the first time since 2027!

#MarchOfThePatriots
Here's where I say "I told you so"
Old 06-16-2019, 01:10 AM   #2487
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Hey guys,

The Las Vegas Gamblers (username: robtoml) will be joining Our League in Silver League for next season! I'll start adding people tonight!

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:10 AM   #2488
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post
Hey guys,

The Las Vegas Gamblers (username: robtoml) will be joining Our League in Silver League for next season! I'll start adding people tonight!
WOOOO!!! Glad that you're aboard!

Old 06-16-2019, 01:11 AM   #2489
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
Here's where I say "I told you so"
Nothing to lose now. Only one thing left to do.

<insert scene from Major League here>

Win. The whole, ****ing, thing.

Old 06-16-2019, 01:20 AM   #2490
Goliathus
Major Leagues

In I243, most of the playoff spots are clinched, and the only open spot is the second wildcard of NC. Boogie Knights and San Pedro Cerranos will duke out one last game against Homestead Hyenas and Victoria Vikings, respectively, to secure the spot. Pennant chase gave Boogie Knights 81.3% vs San Pedro Cerranos' 18.6%. Due to the excellent H2H result of Boogie Knights - 13-6 against San Pedro - the only way San Pedro can secure the spot is for Boogie to lose against Homestead(the fifth of their conference) and themselves to win against Victoria(winner of their conference).

There will be 8 Iron OL teams in the playoff. From the AC, we have Melaka Armada, Hampton Road Rush, Arkham Horror and Gotham Knight. From the NC, we have Victoria Vikings, Tacoma Aroma(love the name, very catchy), New Zealand Silver Ferns and either Boogie Knights or San Pedro Cerranos.

We will have a full OL wildcards:
Hampton Roads Rush vs Arkham Horrors
New Zealand Silver Ferns vs Boogie Knights/San Pedro Cerranos

Edit: Like a betting odd, the pennant chase number continues to go up and down. Boogie Knights had a firm 80% chance though, ranging from 80.2% to 81.8%.

Last edited by Goliathus; 06-16-2019 at 01:22 AM.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:24 AM   #2491
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post
Hey guys,

I've added all the people currently at the Silver Level, and I've added the -OL tag to the team name. Just search for robtoml, and you'll find me.

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:58 AM   #2492
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Interesting, I thought Boogie Knights are clinching the final spot because of H2H record but that isn't the case. As both teams lost their game 162, they are put into a "wild card-ish" 1 match showdown to determine who will get the wild card spot.

Edit: Boogie won the game 11-6.

Can I play Knights or 1AlphaTrees first? Goddarn it.
Attached Images

Last edited by Goliathus; 06-16-2019 at 02:10 AM.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:24 AM   #2493
Magus978
All Star Starter

Playoff time in S272! CUE THE MUSIC!

<the end of season theme from Tecmo Super Bowl on the NES plays>

In the American Conference, the non-OL Concord Diablos are the conference's top seed, and await the winner of the wildcard game between the non-OL Granada Giants and our Janesville Onyx.

The Harlem Hatchets were pipped to the post for the #2 seed by the non-OL Oklahoma City Dodgers, who just happen to be their divisional round opponents.

Over in the National Conference, the top-seeded Seattle Endless Summer sit and wait for the winner of the wildcard round. They will face either the New York Patriots or the non-OL San Diego Aztecs.

In the other divisional round matchup, it's the #2 seed Palolo Puppies, who might be looking to bite someone after missing out on the top seed. They get to face the non-OL Sunnyvale Dope Growers.

The real battle begins...
Attached Images

Last edited by Magus978; 06-16-2019 at 02:26 AM.
Old 06-16-2019, 03:25 AM   #2494
Atlas
Bat Boy

Any openings?

Hi,

I’d be interested in joining if you still have room. My user name is acl916.
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:36 AM   #2495
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post

#MarchOfThePatriots

Good luck against the Aztecs. I figured they would get to the top division spot in the division but it looks like they ended up with too many losses.

Glad the playoffs are finally here and hopefully my kids don’t get too far. My poor OL team in Iron is trying to catch up to them.
If they win again, I will never get a break from hearing about it :-)

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:56 AM   #2496
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

P415 Results

With no playoff contenders in our OL/Whale League shared week, we have the following results in our inaugural season:

Overall Record:
1) 81-81 (.500), California Quantum Condors
2) 63-99 (.389), Aina Haina Parakeets
3) 61-101 (.377), Battery Point Energizer Bunnies
4) 60-102 (.370), Bold Strategy Cottons
5) 58-104 (.358), Kaneohe Mokes

Our League Record
1) 23-9 (.719), California Quantum Condors
2) 5-2 (.714), Bold Strategy Cottons
3) 7-6 (.538), Kaneohe Mokes
4) 6-10 (.375), Aina Haina Parakeets
5) 7-21 (.250), Battery Point Energizer Bunnies

This league was basically defined by a 19 game series between the Quantum Condors and the Energizer Bunnies, which were by far the most games played between a pair of teams (only 48 games were played total, with 7 games being the next largest season series). The Quantum Condors took the series 13-6, which essentially sealed the OL Perfect victory.

Interesting individual player performances (copied from the NFTP thread):
-The league's best individual player achievement: Wade Boggs (87) of Aina Haina won the Perfect .415 league batting title. His average of .348 was just barely enough to beat out perfect Wade Boggs (100) at .346. Everyone loves an underdog story.

-Bob Feller (92) led the league in K/9 with 10.4... and also led the league in BB/9 with 11.3 (2nd in HP/9). In fact, his league leading 209 walks was a margin of 60 walks over 2nd place. Bob shoots the ball out of a cannon in the general direction of the plate, whether it's a ball or strike is irrelevant his pitching approach. Maybe not so good an idea at -0.5 WAR Bob...

Next year we add the Cigar City Lagers, as well as any Diamond OL teams that manage to clinch a promotion. Hopefully with more teams we can get a few more divisional matchups so the league outcome isn't so singularly defined by one team beating the other over a season series.

EDIT: Fixed some numbers

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks

Last edited by QuantaCondor; 06-16-2019 at 05:57 AM.
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:12 AM   #2497
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
With no playoff contenders in our OL/Whale League shared week, we have the following results in our inaugural season:

Overall Record:
1) 81-81 (.500), California Quantum Condors
2) 63-99 (.389), Aina Haina Parakeets
3) 61-101 (.377), Battery Point Energizer Bunnies
4) 60-102 (.370), Bold Strategy Cottons
5) 58-104 (.358), Kaneohe Mokes

Our League Record
1) 23-9 (.719), California Quantum Condors
2) 7-5 (.714), Bold Strategy Cottons
3) 7-6 (.538), Kaneohe Mokes
4) 6-10 (.375), Aina Haina Parakeets
5) 7-21 (.250), Battery Point Energizer Bunnies

This league was basically defined by a 19 game series between the Quantum Condors and the Energizer Bunnies, which were by far the most games played between a pair of teams (only 48 games were played total, with 7 games being the next largest season series). The Quantum Condors took the series 13-6, which essentially sealed the OL Perfect victory.

Interesting individual player performances (copied from the NFTP thread):
-The league's best individual player achievement: Wade Boggs (87) of Aina Haina won the Perfect .415 league batting title. His average of .348 was just barely enough to beat out perfect Wade Boggs (100) at .346. Everyone loves an underdog story.

-Bob Feller (92) led the league in K/9 with 10.4... and also led the league in BB/9 with 11.3 (2nd in HP/9). In fact, his league leading 209 walks was a margin of 60 walks over 2nd place. Bob shoots the ball out of a cannon in the general direction of the plate, whether it's a ball or strike is irrelevant his pitching approach. Maybe not so good an idea at -0.5 WAR Bob...

Next year we add the Cigar City Lagers, as well as any Diamond OL teams that manage to clinch a promotion. Hopefully with more teams we can get a few more divisional matchups so the league outcome isn't so singularly defined by one team beating the other over a season series.
Well played Condors, well played.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:18 AM   #2498
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Logos

Also, I don't think I have uploaded my team's logos here yet. They are here.
Bold Strategy Cottons

California Quantum Condors

Last edited by QuantaCondor; 06-16-2019 at 04:21 AM.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:27 AM   #2499
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Well played Condors, well played.
Thanks! Though, with such a small sample size of OL teams right now, who knows how things will shake out in the weeks to come

Old 06-16-2019, 04:37 AM   #2500
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Diamond playoffs!!!
Attached Images

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote