Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-30-2019, 06:06 PM   #101
Reed
All Star Starter

Weaken/adjust hitters/pitchers, historical games. Would be really nice if you could change them AFTER you create a league. That way, assuming your store your game, if you want to try a different weaken/adjust setting you can just restore your league and change it without going through the whole league creation again.
Reed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:13 PM   #102
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
That digital scorecard would be much more informative than a box score and easier to use that a game log.
Yes! Trying to read a game log is mind numbing.

A score sheet is quickly viewed and easy to understand.

I would definitely look at score sheets from games other than my own to see what happened. I never look at game logs to even attempt to do this. I only look at box scores for games that interest me and, that is a shame. Score sheets would add even more immersion to an already great game IMHO.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:43 PM   #103
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

Show a scoresheet representation of the game that is being played.
monkeyman576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 12:26 AM   #104
jslmsca
All Star Reserve

I really wish I could see right away on the player cared a player's draft information - Year, Round, Overall or not drafted - without having to search for it. I always forget I need to generate a BNN page to see it because I can never seem to find it in a player's general history.

I wish I could see more transaction history per player when I carry a game forward between versions. It seems like I only have five years of transaction history under "Complete History".

Incremental improvement in on-field graphics and animation. I'd like to see more dynamic motions inbetween plays as well as umpires. I'd like to see players run through the bag at first and not disappear. Same goes for the slide at second. Overall, just more realistic on field action.

A dream of mine has been a full 3D ballpark editor with custom walls, foul territory, bleachers, etc.
jslmsca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:54 AM   #105
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

I second Transactions History because I have past years Leagues that have no history and they mess up 2019 League by getting rid of History to all guys in that League.
Have like Alexia in Game to tell it to do something like let's say move all guys off 2019 Teams not Drafted to Free-Agent Market or Drafted by the Cardinals to Cardinals that also includes Retired guys.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:28 PM   #106
Tony-OH
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert98 View Post
What I want for OOTP 21 is sort of what we saw improved in OOTP 20....more 3D improvements, continued development of the game engine, and keep improving the AI (trade, franchise management etc....).

On the 3D, I do think this in particular needs to take another serious step forward at this point. Although I do appreciate the improvements in 20 such as the fact that it is cleaner, more fluid, there are good new animations and so forth, I think the look of the actual player models on the field, and the stadiums need some attention going into 21.
This is pretty big deal for me as well. I love simming games to the 7th inning and then playing the rest of the game of each game for all the important decisions. The graphics in the game have become better and better, but I have the picture in my head of one day playing a historical league with great 3D graphics that immerse us with the stadiums and real players in real uniforms of the day. Maybe it's a bridge to far to expect The Show Level graphics one day, but continued improvements in this are would be great.

Some thoughts to improving the graphics in the meantime:
- Create similar graphics for balls caught at the wall and ball that just make it over the wall for homers. Right now, you can tell by the speed of the ball and the outfielders speed on whether it's going to be a homer right away. I want to be on the edge of my seat.
- Keep runners half way more often, even when the ball is going to fall in. Right now, you know it's going to fall in with a runner on base because they start running before the outfielder gets to the ball. Obviously some will have good reads, but the runners give away the play before you would really know what is going to happen by the play.
- Fix the graphics for close plays and players getting thrown out at bases/plate.
- Fix the tempo of plays in the infield which are rarely smooth and add in coming in plays where players have to throw off one foot.
- Make the ball speed from the pitcher different for soft tosser and off speed vs 100 MPH flamethrowers.
- Allow us to bring back the boxscore mode for the lineups when playing in 3D. I always like to quickly know who was hot in game.
- Create era specific songs and sounds for the games. I'm in 1978 let me hear organs and such vs common things that are heard now in stadiums.
- Make the crowd react better to things that happen on the field as they happen. An explosion of cheering on a long home team home run or maybe mix in some booing when your home team player is struggling.
- Better tempo to steals with closer plays. Currently you know by how hesitant the catcher throws to the base to whether they will be safe of not.
- Different speed of the outfielders/runners to match the speed of the players.
Tony-OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:31 PM   #107
Tony-OH
Minors (Single A)

If I could make one major suggestion for statistics it would be to use a Baseball Reference type of standings/statistics display that allows you to keep drilling down to get to the information you want. I would honestly try and capture baseball reference as closely as possible since everyone uses this in real life.
Tony-OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 04:45 AM   #108
itsmb8
All Star Starter

1) A partnership with MLB The Show (not really but 1-1,000,000 shot)

--------------

Actual 1) More in depth Spring Training (cactus/grapefruit, split squad, minor league camps, etc.)
2) MORE DETAILED PARKS. Like, twice the detail of current MLB parks.
3) Better 3D graphics, more jersey slots, pants, facegens with hair/glasses
4) Scouting departments instead of just a director.
5) Better expansion (ex. teams filling their minor leagues years before the MLB team begins play)
6) More in-depth feeders, ex. college scholarships and real eligibility rules.
7) Neutral site games
8) Overhauled financials
9) more stats
10) AI improvements, ex. make trading injured players on the default with AI valuations to match
11) 3 team trades
12) HR Derby, Futures Game, minor league ASGs...
13) Overhauled development/aging
14) Digital scorecard would be really nice.

ALSO, a real career mode. Getting a couple offers from low minors or independent teams etc. and then working your way up realistically. As it is currently, you get promoted way too quickly and get the job whenever you just apply, its too easy.

Last edited by itsmb8; 08-10-2019 at 08:41 PM.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 12:37 PM   #109
Buster Cherry
Minors (Triple A)

Definitely a function whereby an owner could sell the club.
Buster Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 10:30 AM   #110
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

A partnership with ESPN or MLB Network?

Feeder Leagues have Historical guys in it?
Past years Leagues that don't have Player History if load into 2019 don't mess up 2019 League.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:30 PM   #111
greenOak
Minors (Triple A)

Better minor league stats. In real life the top prospects are the guys tearing up the minor leagues - in OOTP this just doesn't happen. Top prospects in this game progress through the minors hittling like garbage until they eventually they become studs (usually in the majors). It's absurd and has been like this for close to a decade.
greenOak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:12 PM   #112
crusadecat
All Star Reserve

suggestions

more dynamic and varied story lines
cleaner animation and new animations
audio files that can be customized to each team
new , expanded commentary pbp
ability to add advertising to stadium, walls, etc e.g. Ballantine , Citgo , Gem razors etc
saving files to the cloud ,
crusadecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:23 AM   #113
ConStar
Minors (Triple A)

Same two suggestions as I've had the last 3-4 years...

1) Ability to decouple the amateur draft class from the current game and import it into games that were started in earlier editions of OOTP and updated. I started my current game in OOTP13 7-8 years ago. I buy the new version every year. I want to be to import the amateur draft class from new games in OOTP21 and have those names/stats put into my draft class for my "old" game at the touch of a button without having to break into databases and risk botching everything up.

2) The ability to play games pitch-by-pitch and call every pitch. I used to be a pitcher and would love the ability to do that again. We can go pitch-by-pitch now, but just by hitting a generic "1" on the keyboard to deliver a pitch. I want to select from what's available for individual pitchers (fastball, screwball, curve, etc.).
ConStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 03:30 PM   #114
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Cherry View Post
Definitely a function whereby an owner could sell the club.
Owners do sell teams in 20 on occasion.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:54 AM   #115
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

More work on player personalities. You should have other ways to effect a player's happiness than money, wins, and playing time. Lets let personalities and relationships actually effect something similar to Football Manager.

Better trade AI/Logic. I find that OOTP20 HEAVILY values contract amount this year.

A better scouting system. I should get more than "one" scout, and I should be able to do more with the fog of war. Let's make scouting mean more.

Bottom line: Let's pay more attention to the fans who actually got this franchise to OOTP21. I feel that the needle did not move very much from OOTP19 to OOTP20 for those of us who really don't care about "Perfect Team." For me, personally, as someone who has owned every version of this game since OOTP4 was disappointing being the 20th (21st?) version of the game.

OH and one thing I almost forgot: A better "Manager Only" version. I want to interact with my GM more. I want to be able to tell him that "we need a better 2nd baseman" and have him make a decision of what to do based on our position in the standings, money available, his positional desires etc.. I tried playing a manager only game and just found myself feeling like my hands were tied with so many decisions. And I feel like that would not be the case in the "real world."

In other words: BREAK DOWN THE SILOS.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic

Last edited by AlpineSK; 08-22-2019 at 07:57 AM.
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 09:38 AM   #116
The_Niddler
Minors (Triple A)

I would like to see OOTP track every edit made in an online league.
If a commissioner makes an edit to a player, it should show up in the players history and be uneditable.
This would help people have more confidence in online commissioners.
In my league, we allow guys to move one personality trait up or down one level.
So as the commissioner, I would love for that to be tracked and show what I edited.
Then it serves two purposes:
1. It shows that I made the change they asked for, but
2. More importantly, it allows league members to know that I am not in there editing players or doing anything that was not asked of me to do.

I would like to see free agents be smarter.
You make an offer and sometimes it says, I am sorry, team X has made me the best offer so far...I am team X.

Scouting, make it more realistic.
I get that there are differences and not every scout sees a guy the same way.
But how in the world does 1 scout see a guy in a Roookie league as having say 20 in potential for HR and another scout will see him as having 75 in his HR potential.
In real life, there would not be that much variance between scouts for something like HR potential.

Have scouting and coaching mean more.
I have had discussions with the devs and they basically said that scouting and coaching doesn't have that much of an impact.
Well why are teams putting in $15M in scouting and another puts in $0 and it barely makes an impact.
There should be a big reason why one team is willing to spend that much more and make it have an impact in the game.

If we truly want things that would be nice to have, all online league commissioners should reach out to their league and see what things members do not like today.
I plan on doing it and will add to this list.
The_Niddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:03 AM   #117
The_Niddler
Minors (Triple A)

I would also like to see OOTP include the players overall ratings/potentials in their SQL output so that Stats Plus would be able to pull in this information.
This would allow things like during a draft, we would be able to have the system take the best player available via our scout and not OSA, among many other things.
The_Niddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:13 AM   #118
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenOak View Post
Better minor league stats. In real life the top prospects are the guys tearing up the minor leagues - in OOTP this just doesn't happen. Top prospects in this game progress through the minors hittling like garbage until they eventually they become studs (usually in the majors). It's absurd and has been like this for close to a decade.

This.

And also I notice that a good prospect does not move up very quickly. He might hit .300 and be in A ball for 3 years before being called up to the majors. AAA seems stuck with only players 28 or 30 years old, never will the new player just about ready for the majors get brought up- and if necessary a weak 30 year old AAA player released to make room for him.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 01:01 AM   #119
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

Being a player/manager would be an excellent addition to the game. Also, making the draft more realistic is super important.
nymetsfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 08:50 PM   #120
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Facegen HAIR & Beards !!

Clevenger, Hader, Thor, Big bearded Thames ! =)

Last edited by BlackIce; 08-24-2019 at 08:52 PM.
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote