Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:45 PM   #1
kstepanian
Minors (Single A)

Players training at wrong position?

I've seen an issue where I get updates that a certain player is getting more comfortable at, or has converted to, position X and I have not been playing the player at that position.

Attached is a screenshot of one of the more extreme examples where the message is that Alex Grant is improving at Left Wing,. That's nice, but Alex Grant is a Right Defenseman who has never been played at wing.

It does seem as if he may actually have improved at left wing as his ratings at the 3 forward positions are 6 (LW), 5(C), and 8(RW). I think for defensemen they tend to get an 8 at the forward position that corresponds to their defensive side and a 5 at center. If that is true (and I've only looked at a handful of people) then I'd expect him to be a 5 at LW, so maybe he did improve there. But why?

Or is the message supplying the wrong position and he is actually improving at left defense? I'm starting to see this a fair amount and am not sure if it something to be concerned about or not.

Thanks,
Kirk
Attached Images
kstepanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:16 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

No, it sounds like he's actually improving at LW, which is strange. One thing to check: is he set to be used as a LW on any lines, for some reason? Usage will cause him to increases his rating there.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:27 PM   #3
kstepanian
Minors (Single A)

Hi Jeff, no he was never on a line anywhere other than defense for me. At this point he isn't even on my active roster. Is it possible that however the AI is handling the minor leagues that he got put at LW in an emergency and that is what it is reacting to?

As I mentioned though, I have seen this for players on my active roster that are improving at positions they have not been at in a while. In those cases though they may have been at them at some point in the past. How far back does the AI look to see if someone is getting more comfortable playing a position?
kstepanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:49 PM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

That's a definite possibility. I'll keep an eye on it, but if players were regularly developing new (and inappropriate) positions like that, I'd expect it to be a lot more visible in long-term tests.

The learning process for a new position stores the player's progress indefinitely, so if he got very close to an improvement, stops playing the position, then sometime in the future briefly plays it again (e.g. an in-game substitution for an injured teammate) just long enough to hit the improvement threshold, that'll get him an increase.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote