Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:21 PM   #81
The_Offspring187
Major Leagues

Oh and my longest game I've actually watched was 21 innings.

Sent from my N810 using Tapatalk
The_Offspring187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 12:00 AM   #82
IStillDream
Minors (Double A)

I had a triple play–in the first inning of a playoff game no less. And the closest I've seen to a no-hitter was game 7 of the ALCS– 8 1/3 no hit (the first 7 perfect) from Chris Sale.

ETA: Oh, and a hidden ball trick after a game tying triple, also in the playoffs. Some kind of weird playoff mojo for sure.

Last edited by IStillDream; 11-23-2016 at 12:06 AM.
IStillDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 12:01 AM   #83
IStillDream
Minors (Double A)

Oh, and I saw Blake Swihart double in 3 consecutive at bats–and tear a ligament on the third one.
IStillDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:41 AM   #84
smiller
Major Leagues

Just had a game in my 1933 historical replay where Washington scored 28 runs on 30 hits.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 12:25 PM   #85
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
In an OOTP 3 test league I had ARod hit 5 home runs in a single 9-inning game. I think he had 11 RBI. That was probably the most unlikely thing I have ever seen in the game...
Was he tested after that game?

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 12:32 PM   #86
gentlemanofleisure
Minors (Double A)

One thing ive never seen and I hope its in the game soon is a wild pitch where the catch throws to the pitcher covering home and the runner is OUT.
gentlemanofleisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:03 PM   #87
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

In back-to-back seasons, my season came to an end (final game of regular season the first time, Game 7 NLCS the second) in extra-inning games in which my team ran out of position players. The first time, I lost in 19 innings in a game I needed to win to force a tiebreaker game for the division title. The following year, I lost that Game 7 in 14 innings in which two position players got hurt in the 13th inning. I finished the game with Zack Wheeler playing first base.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:02 AM   #88
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog View Post
It will not. The only force out at 3rd you will ever see is on a bunt.
I've seen double plays with guys on 1st and 2nd and a ball hit to third where he steps on the bag and fires to first to complete, Pretty rare though.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:52 AM   #89
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post
I've seen double plays with guys on 1st and 2nd and a ball hit to third where he steps on the bag and fires to first to complete, Pretty rare though.
I have never seen a force out where they get only one out on a play at third base, except on a bunt. I have never seen a 5u-3 DP, as you describe, either. I have seen a triple play, 5u-4-3 and a double play, 5u-4 where the runner beat the throw to 1st to prevent a triple play. Another thing you will never see (at least I have not in, gee-wiz, how many games have I played out? Thousands at least, maybe in 5 figures)....another thing you will never see is a runner on 2nd only get pegged out at third trying to advance on a ground ball (again, except on a bunt). You WILL see hundreds of them advance from second to third on ground balls to the left side, though, which in real life is not so common. That one gets my goat....also triples to left field are pretty rare in real life, but not so much in OOTP. And tag ups and advancing from 2nd to 3rd on fly balls to left also more common in OOTP than real life.

Other things you will never see: Errors where the batter reaches base, but the runners do not advance. An example would be runners on base, but 1st base open. Ground ball to third and the fielder looks the runner back to the bag and fires a ball in the dirt to first that the first baseman stops but does not catch. Batter safe and runners hold. same thing on a pop out with a runner on 2nd and/or 3rd with nobody on first. Batter pops it up on the infield and the runners retreat to their bags, but the fielder muffs it and the batter is safe because he was a good boy and ran it out, but the runners still cannot advance because the ball is right near an infielder. In OOTP the runners always advance on dropped pop ups, which they hardly ever do. That one drives me nuts. A 2-base throwing error by an outfielder will never be seen. Or what would technically be a 1-base error, but where the batter has rounded first and is heading to 2nd when the throw to home goes awry. The batter will be awarded 3rd, because he was on his way to 2nd. But never in OOTP. A runner advancing 2 bases on a wild pitch will never be seen. Or a sacrifice fly with a runner on 2nd. That is very, very rare in real life, but extinct in OOTP. Or a runner getting pegged out trying to advance on a wild pitch will never be seen. I have never seen a pick-off where the runner heads to the next base. In real life, I stole several bases this way. Other runners have been known to get caught in a pickle or just get thrown out at the next base. BTW, this counts as a caught stealing, while being tagged out diving back to the bag does not.

I could go on for a while longer, if I thought hard; there is probably something obvious that I am forgetting. But there is one last thing you will never see in OOTP and that is a squeeze bunt with 2 strikes on the batter. And I am okay with that one, because only one idiot manager ever called that one in real life (that I know of, and I think I would remember it if I had seen it before).

Oh, I thought of one more: An error on a DP try. Say the batter grounds a ball to short with a runner on 1st and less that two outs. The shortstop throws the ball to 2nd where they get the force, but then the second baseman throws the ball into the dugout on the pivot and the batter ends up on 2nd. You will never see that one in OOTP, or at least I never have.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:23 AM   #90
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Yeah I agree that you don't see a lot of those or some of them you see too often. I just wanted to point out that I had seen that rare DP of 5-3.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 01:12 PM   #91
Dukie98
All Star Reserve

While not directly affecting the gameplay, the broadcast mode indicated that a streaker came out of the stands and was clocked by the first-base umpire. Added bonus: the game was in 1907, long before the streaking era. Wish I had a screenshot of it.
Dukie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:33 PM   #92
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukie98 View Post
While not directly affecting the gameplay, the broadcast mode indicated that a streaker came out of the stands and was clocked by the first-base umpire. Added bonus: the game was in 1907, long before the streaking era. Wish I had a screenshot of it.
Maybe it was a woman and she was an extreme suffragette protester

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 06:08 PM   #93
Reggie
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by valterlaw View Post
Long-time lurker, but had never registered for an account until now, just to respond to this thread.

Haven't been playing that long, started an Expos 1976 dynasty, and am through 1982, play out all the games. In just those 7 seasons, I've seen two triple plays, both against me, and a pair of inside the park HRs, both by me (Andre Dawson).

Gary Carter (for me) won the 1976 Triple Crown. Jim Rice (with Phillies) won both the 1978 and 1979 Triple Crowns.

Rarest thing though, would be Mickey Rivers smashing Dimaggio's hit streak record, spread out over two seasons, he hit in 62 consecutive in 76 and 77. Making it all the more crazy, is that he started the streak in a Yankees uniform in 76 (think he ended the year at 40, I can't remember exactly), signed as a free agent with the Reds in 77, and kept it going.
62 games? That is bananas. I can't remember anyone ever going past 30 games.

I've had 2 inside the park HR's .. I missed the first one because as the ball went to the wall I figured it was a double or a triple so I left my computer to go do something.. when I got back I advanced to the next batter and wondered what happened to the guy on base because he wasn't there. I figured he got thrown out trying for an extra base. I went back to the last pbp and sure enough he went all the way around.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 03:07 AM   #94
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

A fictional player get 4000 or more hits over their career. I've seen it using actual players, and one or two I've created myself, but never a fully fictional player.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote