Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:16 PM   #41
diesel230
All Star Reserve

Funny timing with this thread.

I've been playing ootp since it's beginning and just today the computer was tagged out trying to steal home versus me with Travis Wood on the mound. I took a picture of the screen to show some buddies who I got hooked on the game to show them. I had never seen that before.
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 09:45 AM   #42
valterlaw
Bat Boy

Long-time lurker, but had never registered for an account until now, just to respond to this thread.

Haven't been playing that long, started an Expos 1976 dynasty, and am through 1982, play out all the games. In just those 7 seasons, I've seen two triple plays, both against me, and a pair of inside the park HRs, both by me (Andre Dawson).

Gary Carter (for me) won the 1976 Triple Crown. Jim Rice (with Phillies) won both the 1978 and 1979 Triple Crowns.

Rarest thing though, would be Mickey Rivers smashing Dimaggio's hit streak record, spread out over two seasons, he hit in 62 consecutive in 76 and 77. Making it all the more crazy, is that he started the streak in a Yankees uniform in 76 (think he ended the year at 40, I can't remember exactly), signed as a free agent with the Reds in 77, and kept it going.
valterlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 09:57 AM   #43
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by valterlaw View Post
Long-time lurker, but had never registered for an account until now, just to respond to this thread.

Haven't been playing that long, started an Expos 1976 dynasty, and am through 1982, play out all the games. In just those 7 seasons, I've seen two triple plays, both against me, and a pair of inside the park HRs, both by me (Andre Dawson).

Gary Carter (for me) won the 1976 Triple Crown. Jim Rice (with Phillies) won both the 1978 and 1979 Triple Crowns.

Rarest thing though, would be Mickey Rivers smashing Dimaggio's hit streak record, spread out over two seasons, he hit in 62 consecutive in 76 and 77. Making it all the more crazy, is that he started the streak in a Yankees uniform in 76 (think he ended the year at 40, I can't remember exactly), signed as a free agent with the Reds in 77, and kept it going.
Well, this is your official welcome to the forum! Glad you're here!

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 01:12 AM   #44
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

I just had my rarest thing ever happen to me. In my fictional league, my struggling team early on with what should be my ace pitcher who is 1-5 with a 4.86 era just tossed my first ever no hitter. Actually got pretty nervous lol
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:06 AM   #45
smiller
Major Leagues

Questdog has made me aware of a play I've never seen -- the third baseman fielding a ground ball with men on first and second and two outs and stepping on third for the final out. Not even when the grounder is practically fielded on the bag. I'm going to keep watching to see if this happens, but I doubt it will
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:01 PM   #46
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
Questdog has made me aware of a play I've never seen -- the third baseman fielding a ground ball with men on first and second and two outs and stepping on third for the final out. Not even when the grounder is practically fielded on the bag. I'm going to keep watching to see if this happens, but I doubt it will
It will not. The only force out at 3rd you will ever see is on a bunt.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 05:22 PM   #47
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
In an OOTP 3 test league I had ARod hit 5 home runs in a single 9-inning game. I think he had 11 RBI. That was probably the most unlikely thing I have ever seen in the game...
That HAD to be a bug. You reported it, right?
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 07:15 PM   #48
FunkyBike1
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog View Post
It will not. The only force out at 3rd you will ever see is on a bunt.
I'm pretty sure I saw a couple 5-3 double plays back in the OOTP5 days. Maybe my memory's just failing me.
FunkyBike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:09 PM   #49
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyBike1 View Post
I'm pretty sure I saw a couple 5-3 double plays back in the OOTP5 days. Maybe my memory's just failing me.
No, I am pretty certain you did.....but no 3-5 plays.....except on bunts.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:42 PM   #50
NYYANKS98
Minors (Double A)

I had my pitcher throw a perfect game, and I hardly play out games during the season. It's a Brewers franchise in 16 where I traded away Braun and a few vets to win now teams for some good prospects, and Brandon Finnegan became basically 90% of prime Clayton Kershaw. Oddly, I think the perfect game was his rookie season where he put up a 4 ERA and 1 WAR, rather than the ensuing 1.8-2.5 years with 6-8 WAR.
NYYANKS98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:57 PM   #51
risp2out
All Star Reserve

Ha! I just started a thread about this rarity in my game. http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ut-rarity.html
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 11:00 PM   #52
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Oh, I forgot....other than on bunts you CAN see a force at 3rd on a triple play. But that's it....I think....
Old 10-12-2016, 12:29 AM   #53
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog View Post
Oh, I forgot....other than on bunts you CAN see a force at 3rd on a triple play. But that's it....I think....
Has anybody ever seen an unassisted triple play by the 3B?

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:48 PM   #54
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Just had the AI steal home on me in a blowout.

Surprisingly, I didn't plunk the next guy.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 05:22 PM   #55
risp2out
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Just had the AI steal home on me in a blowout.

Surprisingly, I didn't plunk the next guy.
AI stole home on me this week, too! I was just, like, "What!?!?!" Pretty cool.
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:15 PM   #56
Klaus 74
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsolitare View Post
I've managed to get a triple play, and an opposing team hit an inside the park home run. I also had back-to-back bench clearing brawls in a playoff game, which did not help with winning that series (still managed to pull it off)
My Braves just got eliminated in the NLCS TODAY, but in that series Freddie Freeman hit an inside-the-park homer!

After playing the present and four previous versions of the game I have seen back-to-back-to-back homers once (against me) but never a perfect game by either side. I cannot even recall being involved in a no-hitter actually.

Last edited by Klaus 74; 10-12-2016 at 10:34 PM.
Klaus 74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:26 PM   #57
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFanInNC View Post
Winning an online playoff series. And not for lack of trying.

Oh sorry, you wanted a real answer...
I won the last 20 games of a season to make the playoffs in an online league once. Extended it to 21 games in the playoffs, then promptly lost the series in 5 games (to support my snarky answer).

I also believe I had a 16 or 17 strikeout game with Gary "Ding Dong" Bell in a '60s Indians game. Not super rare, but surprising for Bell.
I was a batboy for the Mobile Bears in the 50s... Gary Bell played for the Bears... he and Bill Dailey (Minnesota) were my favorite players along with 1B Gordy Coleman... all were great guys... Bell struck out 18 Chattanooga Lookouts one night... he got HOF-er Harmon Killebrew 4 times... that was Bell's last game for Mobile... was promoted to the parent team Cleveland the next day... went on to a solid career with Cleveland and Boston... he was 121-116 in 12 years with a 3.68 ERA.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 10-12-2016 at 10:35 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:31 PM   #58
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

In my fictional dynasty league, the Islandian Pro Alliance, in 50-plus seasons I had one .400 hitter... one guy hit a fantastic .428.

I had one perfect game... 31 games was the most wins in a season... I think 30 was won on two occasions.

Keep in mind this was a 64-team league with 8 divisions... that's a lot of players.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:50 PM   #59
chief915
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Had a reliever go an entire season.... 59 G and 64.0 innings without giving up an earned run.
Attached Images
chief915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 04:30 PM   #60
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

My team in my fictional league just lost a road game on June 11th ... the first road loss since April 15th ... after 21 consecutive road wins.
Attached Images
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947

Last edited by Germaniac; 11-12-2016 at 04:32 PM.
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote