Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 09-24-2016, 05:34 PM   #41
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
I would like to see Player Development CHARTS. Line graphs that show ratings for CON/POW/EYE and STU/MOV/CON over time. Y-AXIS for ratings, X-AXIS for time. Six lines per chart (varying by batter or pitcher): Three for current ratings, three for potential ratings

The Development Reports are too tedious to track in detail because each one shows minor fluctuations up and down so that their usefulness is minimized. I want line graphs that smooth the curves and show the overall trends as players mature and age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent814 View Post
omg yes can markus please do this it would help so much
Actually, perhaps six lines in one graph would be a bit busy. Maybe something like this, if you will excuse this crude example? Here we see the career of Joe Smith at a glance, a player who never really lived up to his full potential and who got "old" early.
Attached Images

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 08:09 PM   #42
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl518 View Post
alternate jerseys would be awesome...
on the logo and jerseys setting screen, there would be a spot for home, home alt1, home alt 2, away and away alt 1, away alt 2
when you play a game out, either the game would randomly choose which jersey to put the teams in or it would prompt YOU to decide which jersey to put the teams in.
I'd be happy with just a third jersey option at this point. Even though some of y teams have six jerseys, I realise that there's a limited need for six slots amongst most players...

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 01:38 PM   #43
brettrankin
Minors (Single A)

I would like to see the detailed Play by Play match the 3D version of the game. Please forgive me if that was already mentioned.
brettrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 02:04 PM   #44
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Base coaches, round robin playoffs. Enable to have leagues in associations have a common HOF. Pinch hitter life time stats

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 02:38 PM   #45
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger View Post
Ability to setup and play a college universe with all conferences with players entering from high school and leaving after no more than four years eligibility. Not sure how recruiting could/would be handled though
Well, ideally we'd be able to edit the number of years of eligibility, but yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaus2 View Post
You could have colleges do a high school draft or something.
That's probably the best way to model it, maybe with giving teams bonus picks for making the playoffs, winning the championship, etc to model that "better" teams are likely to get more and / or better recruits.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 02:39 PM   #46
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

Negro Leagues and World Baseball Classic.

Anything else would be gravy.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 03:29 PM   #47
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

My request, which was in the interface thread as well, are simply two things:

1) In the dark skin please change the injury/and various other color functions from red to an easier color to see (would help me a lot)

2) On minor league viewing page for promotions/demotions please allow us to promote/demote & keep/lock cursor after action has taken place. Or allow for a mass promotion/demotion button, that'd be cool as well.

Those are my big features, which are rather minute, that I'm hoping for.

(Also the addition of re-establishing defunct teams, but I get why that's tricky)

Thanks, Love the game!

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 06:17 PM   #48
CD360
Minors (Single A)

I just want international tournaments. Would love to see club tournaments too but that isn't as big of a deal for me.
CD360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 07:15 PM   #49
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Some way to copy paste league totals and league totals modifiers into and out of the game. I do it manually for 9 leagues or more in several saves. Very bad for my wrist tendinitis.

Considering other aspects of the game can be exported edited and imported I don't understand why this important feature gets no upgrade.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 09:58 PM   #50
hcorry2001
Minors (Single A)

Do they rotate the interleague schedule every year?....i.e. Yankees played the NL West this year...next year it's the NL East, etc because in my MLB Manager 2016 this does nnot happen at all
hcorry2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 12:14 AM   #51
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

They go by the schedule for the year, so it ends up getting incidentally rotation. In OOTP interleague matchups don't automatically rotate, either, but there are schedules you can download that will do that job. I have no idea what/if downloads are available for MLB Manager as I haven't played it since 2014.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 01:49 AM   #52
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

I am pretty sure Supermodel mode did not make it in again. Darn it!
Old 12-08-2016, 11:04 AM   #53
bradleycchurch
Minors (Double A)

My request is so simple and it would be such a game changer for me. Insteading of always having to create someone with every new game...can we simply be someone CURRENT in real life...NCAA Football for EA Sports gave you this option the best.

For example, instead of creating myself in a new game, can I just simply select to be the CURRENT GM of a team? Can I BE Sandy Alderson of the Mets? Same goes with managers...can I be Dave Roberts of the dodgers(and get his history stats) instead of having to create myself?
bradleycchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 11:30 AM   #54
Motorhead667
All Star Reserve

Negro leagues, Please
Motorhead667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 11:54 AM   #55
jeheinz72
Hall Of Famer

I speculate that it will allow the disabling of team and player options
Old 12-08-2016, 01:25 PM   #56
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Another hope/wish/prayer for WBC/international tournaments.
Old 12-08-2016, 02:55 PM   #57
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
But Elyse being able to have up to four sub leagues in a league

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 04:47 PM   #58
torpidbeaver
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
More and better tracking of a player's development. I shouldn't have to export samples of players' attributes every month, dump them into a file, and track them manually.

Graphs! I'd like OOTP to visualize stats and attributes so I don't have to futz around with Excel any longer.

Incidentally, these are both things that Football Manager does well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Actually, perhaps six lines in one graph would be a bit busy. Maybe something like this, if you will excuse this crude example? Here we see the career of Joe Smith at a glance, a player who never really lived up to his full potential and who got "old" early.
If we could get toggle-able graphs? That could show not only con/pow/eye but potentially speed, defense, and other more granular attributes? I'd be over the rainbow. I have been having a brutal time trying to track this stuff in Excel.

In fact, if someone has an Excel document they'd like to share? I'd be super thankful if you'd be willing to email.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot the other one: Expanded Player Negotiations. If a player wants to be a Starter, but I'm only willing to put him on the bench, I'd like the ability to set that expectation.

I wrote about both of these in the suggestions a while back. http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...tionality.html

Last edited by torpidbeaver; 12-08-2016 at 04:56 PM.
torpidbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:51 PM   #59
raginhood
Minors (Double A)

Max trades per day. Increasing as the deadline gets closer.
raginhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 09:18 PM   #60
Lordofbrewtown
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
Enable to have leagues in associations have a common HOF.
Really want this.

Also would like:

1) Rivalries - ability to set up about 3 per team
2) Historical records vs other teams/franchises on Team page
3) Option to have team go on hiatus/bankrupt/out of business. Maybe I just haven't figured out how best to accomplish yet, but I'd like to be able to have teams skip seasons or go away but maintain history
Lordofbrewtown is offline   Reply With Quote