Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:21 PM   #61
Silfir
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsGuy34 View Post
Anyone having "Shop a Player" issues?
I do, actually. I can shop my stud prospects, anyone at all - no takers.
Silfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:02 PM   #62
atomicpup
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
Same here.
atomicpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:53 PM   #63
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
As far as I'm aware, there are some minor issues, but nothing that should cause problems for the vast majority of leagues.

We will still issue a maintenance patch at some point, however that likely will not come out for another couple weeks, just to be sure that we catch the last of the issues.
I'm in the playoffs.. so just to be safe, I'll wait until the end of the season.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 12:47 AM   #64
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by markvacc1 View Post
What drivers are we talking about? I bought 17 this year and the sound was fine until the latest patch. Something in the patch took out part of the sound effects. If somebody can provide me with a walk through with detailed instructions, I'll give it a try.
Ironically, when this happened to me, I updated my Nvidia drivers and that fixed it. If you use Nvidia's GeForce Experience software, just click on check for updates.

I don't have any suggestions if you're using an AMD video card, but Nvidia's drivers update worked for me on this issue.
james17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:01 AM   #65
markvacc1
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by james17 View Post
Ironically, when this happened to me, I updated my Nvidia drivers and that fixed it. If you use Nvidia's GeForce Experience software, just click on check for updates.

I don't have any suggestions if you're using an AMD video card, but Nvidia's drivers update worked for me on this issue.

I'll see what I have. I don't see why it would be drivers though. I had the sound before the latest patch. The way I see it, it is something with the latest patch. I will check on the card first though.
markvacc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:14 AM   #66
markvacc1
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
first of all, i'd follow Matt's suggestion and FTP him your files
..... but if you really want to undo this update and install an older one there is a way.

see post 114 to 128 of this link ....

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post4074875

i did find a link on OOTP website to older versions (patches) of the game.

Index of /ootp

i'd follow Matt's advice first, as he MAY be able to isolate the issue. The fact he's willing to work with you and save any potential issues with a reinstall (esp. if you don't have an older saved game), is pretty impressive, knowing he's doing it on his own time most likely.

Why won't a previous patch overwrite the newer patch? It works in other games. I've done it in Puresim Baseball and the war games I play. It is still OOTP17 in the previous patch.
markvacc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:30 AM   #67
Simmo13
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I'll see what I have. I don't see why it would be drivers though. I had the sound before the latest patch. The way I see it, it is something with the latest patch. I will check on the card first though.
What James said....I updated NVIDIA GEFORCE drivers and sound worked perfectly.
Simmo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 12:53 PM   #68
pbreen
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I don't know about you guys, but I am sure glad we have this new slight inflation in our leagues due to the new patch. It is totally worth the bugs and month or so of them to come!
pbreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 02:24 PM   #69
The Yurpman
Major Leagues

The folks at OOTP do an absolute amazing job year in, year out on making the best "true to life" baseball simulation in the world. I've downloaded this patch but have not installed it due to some of the issues others have had.

Some of you guys need to realize how challenging a game like OOTP would be to create, none the less update regularly while fixing problems and creating new options for users on the fly. Recognizing issues and bugs is one thing but ridiculing the OOTP Team is just petty, stupid and disrespectful.

My two pennies.
The Yurpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:51 PM   #70
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Not sure here, but I believe Matt said it had something to do with the patch(es) made some small changes to their OpenGL coding that knocked that part of the sound out.
james17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:57 PM   #71
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Why won't a previous patch overwrite the newer patch? It works in other games. I've done it in Puresim Baseball and the war games I play. It is still OOTP17 in the previous patch.
i don't know, but i DO know it does not work with this game... i've tried it to no avail. the only way i know, which was explained in a post by Markus on a very early patch, is the unlicense, uninstall current patch - reinstall older patch route. Sorry but in order to help you get your older version back, unless someone has a better way (which would be great and i'd use it if i had to), it's the best i can do.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 08-11-2016 at 05:00 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:01 PM   #72
LouGerig_IronHorse
Minors (Single A)

Installed Patch - noticed a couple of 3D mode issues

Just installed the hotfix this morning - and have played a few games. In 3D mode, the home team pawns have all turned completely black from head to toe. They look like little grim reapers! lol. But it appears that post hotfix, the home team pawns have lost their team colors. Anyone else experiencing this or any 3D issues?

Another issue post patch (in 3D mode) - runner on first - batter hits a line drive to the gap in right center - ball rolls all the way to the wall. Runner stops at second - batter stops at first - throw comes in and goes through the infield but runners stay put at first and second. Normally (and pre-patch) - a gapper that rolls to the wall in right center in this situation at worst has runners at second and third (a speedy runner on first often comes around to score or at least there's a play at the plate)...
LouGerig_IronHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:04 PM   #73
clamel
All Star Starter

I am truly getting scared. For each fixed problems in any new patch a couple of new ones seems to pop up according to what folks informs.

It's a complicated game, but the last few years maybe it have gotten to complicated, hence all those extra hick-ups with almost every patch.
Every time one wait a couple of days, then one stops and hopes for the next patch. The merry go round start again.
Truly sad...

This latest that now the sound and graphic cards seems to be messed with isn't very good. Ripple-effect into hardware from this game isn't very funny.

I do hope you guys at OOTP try and make even more test before releasing a final patch on this version, or like I recall before some issues was left until next years version. That is very bad business.

Hope one of these days I dare to DL and patch, but really not sure.

Mac and steam problems comes naturally. You mess with them and you are asking for trouble
Always been against Steam controlling everything
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:41 PM   #74
LouGerig_IronHorse
Minors (Single A)

Gotta admit that it's taking a little bit of the 'fun factor' away seeing the home team pawns all black. Honestly, I downloaded and installed this new fix hoping it would fix the game crash issue when trying to install 3D version of Dodger Stadium. I haven't tested that one yet. Still trying to deal with home team pawns that have lost their uniform colors! LOL

Am hoping the Dodger Stadium game crash bug is fixed - not only could I not install the 3D park - but even attempting to play any game with the Dodgers as the home team would crash out the game. UGH!!
LouGerig_IronHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:05 PM   #75
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

they aren't alone in doing this.. look up any small operation or crowdfunded game...

they use clients as the debuggers. this game is released in alpha/beta phase and we do work for them (the absoulte worst part... like cpa's being auditors for 2years or w/e), lol. this is mutually exclusive of whether the game is good or how true-to-life it is... game quality has nothing to do with the fact it's an small operation and once you get your expectations in line with what they are, this is just a patch release well within the 'norm.'

if it's too complicated relative to sales and how much staff they can hire, then yes, they need to dial it back and be more realistic... i really doubt that's the case, though.

you've got numerous processes that all influence each other, you tweak one, you have to tweakthe rest mst likely... many moving parts, so you should expect oddities at patch time -- even if it happens only once per release.

just with windows patches or any update -- EVER -- you should wait for feedback of the ones that don't understand that you shouldn't download immediately... unless you are being paid to do so.

about drivers: update all of them... if the update has been out more than a month, update it. your vid card, sound card, everything! if you have a big box brand, you likely can go to their website and type in your model number... if you bought stuff separately, go to the mobo home page then each device's home page... use your device manager as a checklist.

yes, it can matter... the problem with this suggestion is that it's a goto anyime something goes wrong (ad nauseum -- like crying wolf too much).. for a very good reason, i might add. simply put if your computer is not communicating properly with your video card, something isn't going to work properly... and yes, it can change with a newer update -- even many years down the line if it is still in use. as with medical diagnosisese (sp?), it's not always easy to know what's wrong with a computer... so, you work your way up from the bottom... the drivers. once you eliminate that as a cause it is now worth someone's time to help you mve to the next step in figuring out the problem.

if you have your sound going through your video card, you can get conflicts between the two devices/drivers. if "AMD hdmi audio device" means somethign to you, you know what i am talking about... even the order in which i install my vid and audio drivers can screw things up!

also if building a PC and choosing between a well-known brand and an off-name vid card/sound card etc... get the named brand! they are better at updating their stuff and they very likely use better parts, like a decent heat sink. i've had amd vid cards for last 10+ years... i strongly suggest using nvidia video cards.. but that can change every 1-5 years, too. amd chips (cpu/gpu) are cheaper for a reason. i'd stick with intel too..

and don't let mac fool you... they are ~8% of the pc/laptop market. they are such a minor player that they are essentially an after-thought at best. how much does the market cater to such a small percentage? not much. (this isn't a debate about quality.. dont care about that, because it's not relevant to what i am communicating... e.g. beta was better than vhs and look where that got them.)

Last edited by NoOne; 08-17-2016 at 01:50 PM. Reason: "amatuer" wasn't accurate
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 01:11 PM   #76
pbreen
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Might have encountered another bug.
I customize a few players every decade to make some "elite" players that will stand the test of time. I created exact replicas of players I made before the patch, but they are dramatically different.

One of my players is a closer with 95/95 stuff, but the scouting report claims he has awful stuff and during in game situations he cannot strike anyone out. At first I thought it was an anomaly, but half the season has gone by and he has only recorded 9 K's in 38 games. In previous playthrough's this player could easily reach 150 K's a season.

That is not the only issue though. I also created a player with 80/80 power, but the scouting report claims "he is not a power hitter and won't ever be". Strangely enough he has 3 HR's at the all-star break. To top that off, he is a lefty batter playing primarily at Fenway.

I have never experienced this issue before and it is very confusing. Originally I assumed the scouting report was just inaccurate, but I fear now that is not the case. Has anyone else experienced this? It is very strange.
pbreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 09:37 AM   #77
snake1399
Minors (Triple A)

Has anyone seen an issue with Box Scores and Game Logs no longer showing up in reports for Online Leagues since the latest patch(es)?? The clickable links are there, but only a blank page comes up. Happening across the board in all my Leagues

Snake
Old 08-13-2016, 11:28 AM   #78
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I did have an issue with the bat sound not matching up but a reboot fixed it.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 12:20 AM   #79
wsenkow
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
I can't shop any player, first noticed this during the Winter Meetings.

Last edited by wsenkow; 08-14-2016 at 01:47 AM.
wsenkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 12:22 AM   #80
wsenkow
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbreen View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I am sure glad we have this new slight inflation in our leagues due to the new patch. It is totally worth the bugs and month or so of them to come!
You have got to be kidding.....

Note: I failed to realize you were sarcastic and agree totally with what you say. As a steam account user myself I know well of your frustration.

Last edited by wsenkow; 08-14-2016 at 11:44 AM.
wsenkow is offline   Reply With Quote