Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 07:29 PM   #41
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Quote:
- Added option to set all minor leagues to base AI on potential or current ratings
Wow! That's the sort of neat little addition you'd expect to see in a new version, not a patch. Very nice!

Thanks, Big M.
Old 08-05-2016, 08:17 PM   #42
azepeda
Minors (Double A)

The problem were the AI releases minor leaguers, even though their are no limits on the size of minor league rosters, is back. It is releasing about 20 minor leaguers, randomly, a month, problem is some of them are decent prospects.
Old 08-05-2016, 08:30 PM   #43
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by azepeda View Post
The problem were the AI releases minor leaguers, even though their are no limits on the size of minor league rosters, is back. It is releasing about 20 minor leaguers, randomly, a month, problem is some of them are decent prospects.
If true, I'll definitely wait awhile before updating.
Old 08-05-2016, 08:40 PM   #44
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awick View Post
- Fixed where the computer manager could ignore age limits in certain situations

Could someone address this one? What situations have been addressed?
In my league we have age limits for all our minor leagues. when players are drafted, signed, or traded, they used to just go to the lowest level. Now they go to the lowest league that they qualify for! freaking awesome!

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
Old 08-05-2016, 09:05 PM   #45
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Awesome Markus and team!!!

Is there any reason to mess with these new options for a normal MLB type league from what's been standard on release?

- Added optional inflation for all financial amounts
- Added option to set all minor leagues to base AI on potential or current ratings
Old 08-05-2016, 09:11 PM   #46
OOTPinstripes
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Anyone else have their red and green arrows on minor leaguers disappear with this patch?
Old 08-05-2016, 09:50 PM   #47
homerj
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOTPinstripes View Post
Anyone else have their red and green arrows on minor leaguers disappear with this patch?
Now that you mention it, yes I have.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:12 PM   #48
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Awesome Markus and team!!!

Is there any reason to mess with these new options for a normal MLB type league from what's been standard on release?

- Added optional inflation for all financial amounts

If you want inflation from year to year, yes, set the amount. Ia m using 3%.
No need to worry about minor leagues if you want your minor league managers to set depth charts using potential ability.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:14 PM   #49
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
If you want inflation from year to year, yes, set the amount. Ia m using 3%.
No need to worry about minor leagues if you want your minor league managers to set depth charts using potential ability.
Contracts already seem like they are getting bigger each season?

Would you want AAA set to current and the rest potential or all minor leagues set to potential? (is set to potential default?)
Old 08-05-2016, 10:19 PM   #50
homerj
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Contracts already seem like they are getting bigger each season?

Would you want AAA set to current and the rest potential or all minor leagues set to potential? (is set to potential default?)
I've always set them all to potential. Current in AAA will do things like start a journeyman player you just have stored in AAA vs. a better prospect.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:33 PM   #51
Jotaesethegeek
Bat Boy

There is a major glitch in the new update. It no longer updates on contract negotiations.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:36 PM   #52
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOTPinstripes View Post
my arrows still show up.

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
Old 08-05-2016, 11:07 PM   #53
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I have noticed that my shop player feature that no team wants to trade for any of my players in one on one trade. I even tested by giving my best young player and still ZERO. its in June so its long before trade deadline
Old 08-06-2016, 12:13 AM   #54
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I saw a Japanese team release a 4-star closer (MLB ratings) Josh Lueke a week into the season for no apparent reason.

Also, the non-adjusted birth year from historical teams in a custom league (e.g. 120 year old Babe Ruth) that's been there for a few patches is still there.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:58 AM   #55
msanchez2725
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotaesethegeek View Post
There is a major glitch in the new update. It no longer updates on contract negotiations.
I'm having the same problem as well.
Old 08-06-2016, 02:33 AM   #56
Benchmark
Minors (Single A)

When starting a New Game both Standard and Custom with MLB Rosters, I started noticing that quite of bit of Active Players in RL were no longer on their teams and ended up in free agents. If you look at Baltimore's NYPL and GCL teams, players like Ayers, Borde, Klimek, Seabrooke, McCord all are free agents but in RL are still Active and playing. Is this a bug or is there a problem with the rosters? They were correct in all the previous updates.
Old 08-06-2016, 03:21 AM   #57
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Will we EVER get a patch that fixes the issue for mac users related to baseball cards and accented player names? For the love of god....PLEASE patch this issue!!!!!!!
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
Old 08-06-2016, 03:58 AM   #58
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotaesethegeek View Post
You no longer get email notifications of negotiation updates?

Edit: I just tested it here, works fine. We did a few changes IIRC that no longer send unimportant messages, like a player telling you he's favoring your offer, because he already told you that during the negotiations.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 08-06-2016 at 04:09 AM.
Old 08-06-2016, 03:58 AM   #59
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashantewarrier View Post
Will we EVER get a patch that fixes the issue for mac users related to baseball cards and accented player names? For the love of god....PLEASE patch this issue!!!!!!!
Nope, unfortunately we were unable to fix this yet. It's a very complicated issue.
Old 08-06-2016, 04:01 AM   #60
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
That code was not changed, so whatever the AI is doing, it's doing it for a reason. I just tested it here and it works as intended.

There was a bug fixed where in historical leagues recently drafted players were released, but that was unrelated to general roster AI.
Closed Thread