Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:43 AM   #41
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

But some of this year's Draft Oicks aren't going to sign and will be back in the Draft again next year and this Game isn't like Hockey where you own the rights to a person.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:15 AM   #42
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

You asked about how to sign all draft picks to a contract. I told you how to do that. Now you're talking about something completely different, draft picks who won't sign in real life. The deadline is weeks away, we have no idea what's going to happen so there's nothing that can be done now.

The OOTP developers are very good, but they don't have a crystal ball.

If someone ends up not signing, go into commissioner mode and remove them from the roster. Or if you're really concerned, wait until the signing deadline to do your manual draft.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 12:26 PM   #43
wonko_the_sane
Bat Boy

I'm very confused, I can't load my game from before this update it said it can't load because it is from a previous version. The file is still present in the saved games folder. I created new files to see if they show up in the saved games folder and they are not there, and I cannot open the folder from the program. It says that the folder is "unavailable"

Edit: I decided to reinstall the update and now everything is there!

Last edited by wonko_the_sane; 06-19-2016 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Addition to post
wonko_the_sane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:52 AM   #44
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

3D seems to be working pretty well now. One thing I noticed that I really like, is that when using pitch by pitch and short PBP there's now more suspense with home runs. Before, you would immediately see in large letters in the PBP section as soon as the bat connected.."SOLO HOME RUN" or something to that affect. Now, the screen stays blank and I actually get to watch to see if the ball will go over the wall before saying it's a home run. Very much a welcomed addition.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:09 AM   #45
LloydLungs
Minors (Single A)

Forgive me if I missed something. What's up with the "Twitter Handle" field in the player editor?
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:35 AM   #46
subtle
Minors (Single A)

Is there an alternate way to download the patch? Every time I try to download it, it times out. I'm on a fast broadband connection and I have tried from home and work.
subtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:37 PM   #47
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
3D seems to be working pretty well now. One thing I noticed that I really like, is that when using pitch by pitch and short PBP there's now more suspense with home runs. Before, you would immediately see in large letters in the PBP section as soon as the bat connected.."SOLO HOME RUN" or something to that affect. Now, the screen stays blank and I actually get to watch to see if the ball will go over the wall before saying it's a home run. Very much a welcomed addition.
Still a few little minor quirks... I want to see more throws to bases from the OF/cut off.. at times they hold the ball even when there would be a close play at a base. Just looks odd... also, seems to be too many 1B to pitcher throws.

They have done a fantastic job since release! It's getting more and more realistic!!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:04 PM   #48
mikecos23
Minors (Single A)

Anyone had any issues with the real draft pool from 1991 ? I've been on this save since 1978 and real players have imported fine into the draft class every year until 1991, now I am only seeing fictional SP/RP's who are all rated half or one star. Any theories ? I attached the CSV export.

FYI I just upgraded to the latest patch this morning, but I didn't see anyone else having this issue. I'd really hate to lose this save.
Attached Files
File Type: csv draft_eligible_players.csv (3.2 KB, 38 views)
mikecos23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:47 PM   #49
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

I'll be able to play if this was fixed.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Thanks. It appears that there was a player claimed by a team with no league, and that caused problems in our logic. That will be fixed in the next patch.
Was this fixed??? Anybody know?
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:58 PM   #50
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
I'll be able to play if this was fixed.....

Was this fixed??? Anybody know?
Yeah, it should be. (I think - as long as I posted that comment at least a couple days before this patch came out)
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:06 AM   #51
skyth
Bat Boy

new update--now my game crashes

I updated to the newest version and started a new league. Now I've had the game crash out four times in the last two days. Three of the times it happened between June 1 and the draft. It happened in both 2016 and 2017 seasons so far. Any tips on how to get this to stop?

Thanks!
skyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:31 AM   #52
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Thanks for the feedback, but something still odd here. I'm going to take your resulting post and log in our reseach section and see if we can get any feedback. I've actually seen and done what you're describing, but it was totally an anomaly that I haven't been able to replicate at will. Shouldn't be that way or have to be that way. Get back to you if I learn anything.
He may have changed the install directory.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 12:20 AM   #53
One Dog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Just wait a month or so and we'll do it all for you!

Beyond that, either commish mode or running the draft yourself will work.
Thanks man.
One Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:54 PM   #54
Coxatron
Bat Boy

New to the game so please forgive me if I'm just oblivious. I downloaded the update for the game and installed it over the old version. The game reads as the most up-to-date version. However, none of the rosters seem updated. I really wanted to start with the current rosters (or as current as possible) without having to go through and complete all the transactions manually. Did I do something wrong with installing the newest update or did it simply not contain updates rosters?

If that is the case is there an easy way to get the most updated rosters or is this something that just needs done manually regardless?
Coxatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:48 PM   #55
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

The updated rosters wouldn't be up-to-the-minute, just more accurately reflect the Opening Day rosters with better ratings, missing players, etc.

Also, you would have to start a new game to show these changes. It wouldn't overwrite the rosters of an existing game.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:52 PM   #56
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

i recall reading most current roster updates require a new game start to become effective. or so i believe. Since i usually do historical 1901 - 1940's, the current roster stuff isn't a worry for my game play, so this sin't from expirience, just something i recall reading. anyway, something to consider and see if anyone with more knowledge can verify or not ....
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:56 PM   #57
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
The updated rosters wouldn't be up-to-the-minute, just more accurately reflect the Opening Day rosters with better ratings, missing players, etc.

Also, you would have to start a new game to show these changes. It wouldn't overwrite the rosters of an existing game.
Yes, correct!
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 01:04 AM   #58
Coxatron
Bat Boy

I definitely started a new game but I was just being silly then. Wasn't sure if the roster update was more current or not but now I know! Thanks for the responses.

ily
Coxatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:54 AM   #59
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

Still no fix to where draft picks sign a minor league contract and then sign with another team the next year. Historical settings under reserve clause. Still awaiting a response.
bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 01:08 AM   #60
MrBojangles
All Star Reserve

You guys are great! I love the unexpected patches that make the game better than before.
MrBojangles is offline   Reply With Quote