Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-17-2016, 02:49 PM   #21
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Hey guys,

I wanted to thank you for fixing the prospect lists!! I
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 03:13 PM   #22
Art99
Minors (Triple A)

I just installed this and am happy to see that all my affiliates are available now for my 1955 Senators so I'm ready to rumble.

Great job OOTP Developments and thanks !
Art99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 03:58 PM   #23
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for this guys! Hoping that the issue with baseball cards not appearing for players with accents in their names on Macs, gets patched soon.
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:24 PM   #24
JustinM
Major Leagues

Big thanks to all involved. Kind of annoyed I didn't wait until after this patch to start my forum dynasty. Crap!

EDIT: OK, I did see one weird 3D view thing today. It's not impossible to hit a ball into the North Side Notch in PNC Park and have it end up a single, but it kind of is when Josh Harrison is the one who hit it. I also saw a ball roll into the right-field stands, bounce around, and someone ran clear out from the infield to grab it and throw it in.

Last edited by JustinM; 06-17-2016 at 10:56 PM.
JustinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:38 AM   #25
One Dog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Was hoping maybe there was a shortcut I'm missing re: putting 2016 drafted players on correct teams (some kind of import?) or do we actually have the run the draft in commish mode and manually draft the players?

Update is great. Thanks.
One Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:58 AM   #26
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Dog View Post
Was hoping maybe there was a shortcut I'm missing re: putting 2016 drafted players on correct teams (some kind of import?) or do we actually have the run the draft in commish mode and manually draft the players?

Update is great. Thanks.
Just wait a month or so and we'll do it all for you!

Beyond that, either commish mode or running the draft yourself will work.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 02:58 AM   #27
james17
All Star Starter

Nice job on the animations. Big improvements though infield hits need to have the batter run just a notch faster than they are now. In the previous version it was just easier to see that the runner beat or tied the throw to first.

Still, pretty impressive!
james17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:25 AM   #28
smiller
Major Leagues

Noticed that infielders really rifle the ball to first on grounders now. One weird play I had though was a ball that rolled to the outfield wall and the runner on first only went to second. The play description listed this as an "infield hit."
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:57 PM   #29
MyTZeus
Bat Boy

This is the third update that has removed/deleted my saved game. It no longer shows up in the LOAD SAVED GAME menu, and even though there's still a .lg folder on my HD I can't find a loadable file. It would be really nice if that didn't happen. I am beyond annoyed with having to start a new game every time I update. I hate to take such a negative tone in my first post here, but this is ridiculous.
MyTZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:18 PM   #30
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTZeus View Post
This is the third update that has removed/deleted my saved game. It no longer shows up in the LOAD SAVED GAME menu, and even though there's still a .lg folder on my HD I can't find a loadable file. It would be really nice if that didn't happen. I am beyond annoyed with having to start a new game every time I update. I hate to take such a negative tone in my first post here, but this is ridiculous.
There is no reason that i can think of that would delete your game. what is the directory of your saved games?

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:20 PM   #31
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Frustration is understandable with issues like this one. What is not understandable is the why. Need a little more information, if you have it available. There's no reason an update should affect saved games. It has nothing to do with that folder. If it does- and I doubt it -then we do have a problem and it's good to point it out.

So. Given that, let's start simply. What OS are you using? If it's PC, let's do a search for the files with *.lg and see where, if they do, turn up and we'll go from there. I've only heard of this occuring once before, and heck it might have been you. But let's see if we can figure out what's going on and where the file is. Again, update do not do anything by design to deal with saved games. They don't even touch that folder, so first, as I've said, let's look for the file.

Additionally, we'll discuss backing up the league to a different location altogether in case this happens again.
Old 06-18-2016, 01:39 PM   #32
MyTZeus
Bat Boy

I found it. The only way to get the saved league to load is to exit the game and double-click on the .lg file in the saved games folder under my user name. It isn't a very intuitive process. And I do have a backup, but it was from opening day-I'm in June now and quite a few players have big attribute increases since the start of the season, so I don't want to restore.

So it's less of a problem, but still something that should be fixed. But I don't know how to replicate it for the programmers to fix. I'm using Windows 7 if it matters.

Thank you. I'm more of a baseball fan than a gamer, so I have a number of issues with this game, one-pitch mode particularly. But it's nice that helpful folks are out there.
MyTZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:48 PM   #33
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the feedback, but something still odd here. I'm going to take your resulting post and log in our reseach section and see if we can get any feedback. I've actually seen and done what you're describing, but it was totally an anomaly that I haven't been able to replicate at will. Shouldn't be that way or have to be that way. Get back to you if I learn anything.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:36 PM   #34
Libid21
All Star Reserve

Has this released for Mac users yet?
Old 06-18-2016, 04:49 PM   #35
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libid21 View Post
Has this released for Mac users yet?
The Mac link in the original post shows it's build 60. I'd say yes.
Old 06-18-2016, 06:46 PM   #36
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm amazed at how much 3D has improved with each patch, this latest patch was a big jump! Balls bouncing on throws from the outfield, runners leading off bases.

Well done!!!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:22 PM   #37
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
I found it. The only way to get the saved league to load is to exit the game and double-click on the .lg file in the saved games folder under my user name. It isn't a very intuitive process. And I do have a backup, but it was from opening day-I'm in June now and quite a few players have big attribute increases since the start of the season, so I don't want to restore.

So it's less of a problem, but still something that should be fixed. But I don't know how to replicate it for the programmers to fix. I'm using Windows 7 if it matters.

Thank you. I'm more of a baseball fan than a gamer, so I have a number of issues with this game, one-pitch mode particularly. But it's nice that helpful folks are out there.
What potentially happened is that you had your saved game in a custom location before, and then you re-installed, we somehow reverted to the default location. That should not generally happen, but it could be possible.

To get the game to "see" your old location, you can open up the "paths.cfg" file which should be in this location: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 17\config. You can also access it from File -> Game Settings -> Troubleshooting, there should be a link to "open folder containing paths.cfg".

In there, there should be a variable called "path_user_data", and on the next line indented in, there will be a value. If you close you game, and then edit that line to point to where your saved game is, when you re-open the game you should see your saved games in the load screen.

Alternately, you can always move your save game file to the default location (simply copy your .lg folder which you found, and paste it. The default save game location is here: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 17, or alternately again in the troubleshooting tab there's a link to open the folder containing save games). You'll have to be careful which version of the game you're opening, but this would at least let you use the default Load/continue logic.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:51 PM   #38
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

We can't sign all Draft Picks to a contract yet that would help if we are doing the Draft manually.
Old 06-18-2016, 09:12 PM   #39
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Turn off the advanced draft notifications rule and it goes back to the way it used to be, where the players automatically went into your organisation on a minor-league deal as soon as they were drafted.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 12:38 AM   #40
robert2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Since installing the update the game has continued to run flawlessly. Thanks again guys.

Last edited by robert2; 06-21-2016 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Retracting a minor complaint that I had about the patch.
robert2 is offline   Reply With Quote