Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-15-2016, 11:10 PM   #61
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
I hope this patch isn't released on Steam until this is fixed.
Yes, we have fixed a few of the reported issues, and once we have run some testing on it it will be the official release to go out.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:15 PM   #62
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
But here's the problem...scouting error seems to be very top heavy, in that it's really operating players on such a scale that it's obvious there is huge error. This is true even on normal accuracy. It's just not right to have hundreds and dozens of 3-5 star potential players.
One of the things I am now noticing is that many many young pitchers appear to have extremely high offensive tools (potential) this could very easily be the reason for so many high potential players. Is this on purpose?

EDIT: Note: This only seems to be happening when lowering scouting accuracy. I had it set to very low, and pitchers had 60 to 80 contact potential, and 60 to 80 power potential quite often. When I switch back to normal accuracy, these same pitching prospects fall in line with the usual 20's and 30's batting potentials.

I like the very low scouting accuracy, but having so many pitchers ranked so high offensively just kind of screws things up IMO.

Last edited by PSUColonel; 06-15-2016 at 11:29 PM.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 01:03 AM   #63
vegaspomeranians
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Flash View Post
Hello. Hope This Thread is the right one for my question. I am ready to update my ootp16 to ootp17. My question is which is better the regular download game or the stream download? What is the differences if any? Thank you.
The steam version SUCKS! Well it sucks if you like using add-ons. It uses a different system. It was promised that most of the add-ons would be added, but there are only a few. At least the ones added are the most popular ones.
vegaspomeranians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:24 AM   #64
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Like I said, I could not reproduce this here. Also, the prospect list thing (which Matt will improve now) has nothing to do with the roster / release AI, which has not changed in a long while.
Just wanted to say I found Lou Gehrig. My bad.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 09:44 AM   #65
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
We basically had a bug where we didn't count runs over 250 per team in a game, so if the game got to be 250-250, it would simply go on forever with neither team ever winning.
250 or 255?

Anyway, lesson learned, use 16-bit signed for R/H/E to allow people to run super-offense "arena" leagues.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:58 AM   #66
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Update is officially live, with additional fixes, so those who installed the beta please update to the new one:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...available.html
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote