Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:54 PM   #41
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

How about a Saved Game that's start date is after this year Draft? Also in real life Draft Picks are signing right away any way to make that happen in Game?
Did Moose Royals 3B get put on DL for season? Historical Leagues more Minor Leagues?
Old 06-14-2016, 09:33 PM   #42
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Sorry guys, now I sorta kinda gotta complain. 3D is pretty much completely out of whack. The first thing that comes to mind: the throws don't line up with the pawn who is trying to catch the ball.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:01 PM   #43
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Whats going on with all of the high quality free agents at the start of the MLB roster set?
Attached Images
Image Image 
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:46 PM   #44
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

were these players added in the latest patch, or is it the fact I am using very low scouting accuracy?
Old 06-15-2016, 01:47 AM   #45
vegaspomeranians
Minors (Double A)

I can't believe it. The 2016 mlb draft order is STILL WRONG!
vegaspomeranians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:44 AM   #46
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Ok, so I finally added the beta patch...

Why would the top prospect lists be shorter than 20 players?
Arizona - 4
Atlanta - 10
Baltimore - 7
Boston - 9
White Sox - 4
Cubs - 11
Cincinnati - 14
Cleveland - 9
Colorado - 13
Detroit - 7
Astros - 7
Royals - 5
Angels - 4
Dodgers - 13
Miami - 1
Milwaukee - 10
Minnesota - 9
Yankees - 14
Mets - 15
Athletics - 7
Phillies - 12
Pirates - 12
Padres - 10
Giants - 12
Mariners - 6
Cardinals - 20
Rays - 11
Rangers - 9
Blue Jays - 10
Nationals - 8

This is not a new game but an existing game. I'm pretty confused by all this.

Edit,
Even with starting a game, teams are not always listing 20 prospects anymore on the top 20

Edit 2
Changing the prospect list from annual to dynamic breaks it a whole lot worse... each team is under 6-7 players on the 20 man lists.

This is absolutely ridiculous. This feature worked absolutely fine before and has for multiple versions of the game and now you guys tinker with it nd break it? I mean seriously why break something that was never broken to begin with??

Last edited by qcbandits; 06-15-2016 at 06:58 AM.
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:35 AM   #47
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

This prospect thing affects historical leagues too. Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Ernie Banks and Hank Aaron all get dumped on as well as many, many more.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:14 AM   #48
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
This prospect thing affects historical leagues too. Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Ernie Banks and Hank Aaron all get dumped on as well as many, many more.
Like I said, I could not reproduce this here. Also, the prospect list thing (which Matt will improve now) has nothing to do with the roster / release AI, which has not changed in a long while.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:30 AM   #49
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Ok.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:31 AM   #50
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Like I said, I could not reproduce this here. Also, the prospect list thing (which Matt will improve now) has nothing to do with the roster / release AI, which has not changed in a long while.
Are you using a amateur draft or do you have the draft turned off? I noticed the Lou Gehrig issue with the draft turned off. With it on, he at least stays visible. He gets drafted, usually #1, but gets released 10 days later.

Without a draft, by 1923 I couldn't find him anywhere. He isn't on the list of MLB players. He isn't on the list of PCL players and he isn't on the list of Texas League players.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:43 AM   #51
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Spritze and other historical users, how big of an issue is the historical player thing? I read about an issue on the bugs report forum about certain players like Babe Ruth coming into the league with out of wack overall potential. I assume this is just with historical minors on?

I've been wanting to start a historical league for awhile now but I'm waiting for it to be 100% playable.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:24 PM   #52
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
were these players added in the latest patch, or is it the fact I am using very low scouting accuracy?
La O and Y. Gurriel were in last year's game (albeit with different spellings of their names), Cepeda and Arias were in OOTP 17 at launch, Bell is overrated by your scout, and I haven't heard of most of the other guys. Assuming scouting error.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:39 PM   #53
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

"- Fixed case where extreme high scoring games can continue forever"

does this mean they keep tying each inning or even if not tied they continue to play due to too high a score it can't resolve a difference?

that's scary if it's the previous.... that would be a smoking gun for the 'pre-determined' conspiracy crowd, lol. (which i won't 100% discount, nor care that much about if it's true or not.. they aren't modeling an infectious disease or anything important.)
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:07 PM   #54
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
La O and Y. Gurriel were in last year's game (albeit with different spellings of their names), Cepeda and Arias were in OOTP 17 at launch, Bell is overrated by your scout, and I haven't heard of most of the other guys. Assuming scouting error.
But here's the problem...scouting error seems to be very top heavy, in that it's really operating players on such a scale that it's obvious there is huge error. This is true even on normal accuracy. It's just not right to have hundreds and dozens of 3-5 star potential players.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:17 PM   #55
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
"- Fixed case where extreme high scoring games can continue forever"

does this mean they keep tying each inning or even if not tied they continue to play due to too high a score it can't resolve a difference?

that's scary if it's the previous.... that would be a smoking gun for the 'pre-determined' conspiracy crowd, lol. (which i won't 100% discount, nor care that much about if it's true or not.. they aren't modeling an infectious disease or anything important.)
We basically had a bug where we didn't count runs over 250 per team in a game, so if the game got to be 250-250, it would simply go on forever with neither team ever winning.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:30 PM   #56
Arc Flash
Bat Boy

Hello. Hope This Thread is the right one for my question. I am ready to update my ootp16 to ootp17. My question is which is better the regular download game or the stream download? What is the differences if any? Thank you.

The One and Only,
Bob Uecker.
Arc Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:55 PM   #57
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbandits View Post
Ok, so I finally added the beta patch...

Why would the top prospect lists be shorter than 20 players?
Arizona - 4
Atlanta - 10
Baltimore - 7
Boston - 9
White Sox - 4
Cubs - 11
Cincinnati - 14
Cleveland - 9
Colorado - 13
Detroit - 7
Astros - 7
Royals - 5
Angels - 4
Dodgers - 13
Miami - 1
Milwaukee - 10
Minnesota - 9
Yankees - 14
Mets - 15
Athletics - 7
Phillies - 12
Pirates - 12
Padres - 10
Giants - 12
Mariners - 6
Cardinals - 20
Rays - 11
Rangers - 9
Blue Jays - 10
Nationals - 8

This is not a new game but an existing game. I'm pretty confused by all this.

Edit,
Even with starting a game, teams are not always listing 20 prospects anymore on the top 20

Edit 2
Changing the prospect list from annual to dynamic breaks it a whole lot worse... each team is under 6-7 players on the 20 man lists.

This is absolutely ridiculous. This feature worked absolutely fine before and has for multiple versions of the game and now you guys tinker with it nd break it? I mean seriously why break something that was never broken to begin with??
Noticed this as well. It's odd. I'm wondering if for some reason the AI isn't classifying some of the young guys as prospects?
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:15 PM   #58
dcd111
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
We basically had a bug where we didn't count runs over 250 per team in a game, so if the game got to be 250-250, it would simply go on forever with neither team ever winning.
It's only idle curiosity, but I have to wonder: how was this bug ever discovered? Have any users actually reported a score like this, or was it noticed in the code while squashing other bugs?
dcd111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:26 PM   #59
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafish2002 View Post
Using 3D view, Short PbP: the 3D animation now begins before things like season stats and substitutions are shown in the PbP window. I know in previous versions, the animation would not begin until after these kind of things had appeared.

Example:
SUBSTITUTION... (Animation Begins Now after a short 3-5 sec delay)
Now pitching for St. Louis: LHP JIm Bough.
He is 12-9, with a 3.77 ERA...
striking out 178 in 198.1 innings pitched.
Tobar digs in to face the left hander...
he's gone 1 for 2...
with one double. (Animation used to begin here)
2-2 Pitch: Ground out 3-1 (Groundball, 34)...

This also happens at the very beginning of games as well with the PbP stopping after the first line (Welcome to...) until the animation begins and then it continues on with the weather information and starting pitcher statistics.

I hope this patch isn't released on Steam until this is fixed.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:08 PM   #60
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd111 View Post
It's only idle curiosity, but I have to wonder: how was this bug ever discovered? Have any users actually reported a score like this, or was it noticed in the code while squashing other bugs?
I think someone had minor leagues where a modifier caused an underflow, so that all players ended up with like .900 batting averages.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote