Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:53 PM   #1
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Worst Person in the World!

In my OOTPB world, that is. I believe this fellow is the worst person I have ever "met" in all my years of managing. What is there not to not like about this guy?
Attached Images

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:54 PM   #2
Hammercraft
All Star Reserve

What is his personality description?
Hammercraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:58 PM   #3
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammercraft View Post
What is his personality description?
The bum has done pretty well, regardless, and has a championship ring. Just like in the real world, there is no justice in this one either!
Attached Images

- Bru

Old 05-11-2016, 09:09 PM   #4
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

sounds like the first baseman for the 1919 Black Sox... (at least the way he was portrayed in the movie "Eight Men Out"

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:09 PM   #5
RchW
Hall Of Famer

For some reason the line, "Bond; James Bond" comes to mind. Totally OT so carry on.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:14 PM   #6
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

At least his desire to win is not "very low".

So he's a stupid, greedy, lazy, opportunistic loner who's OK with winning. I agree: what's not to not like?
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:47 PM   #7
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksabr View Post
At least his desire to win is not "very low".

So he's a stupid, greedy, lazy, opportunistic loner who's OK with winning. I agree: what's not to not like?
Sounds a lot like Albert Belle, who had a very successful MLB career and was never traded.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:30 PM   #8
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Sounds a lot like Albert Belle, who had a very successful MLB career and was never traded.
Nah. This was Albert Belle, poor, misunderstood Albert Belle:
"While in the clinic, I discovered I had problems with concentration, motivation, attitude, and temper. I have found a new way of life through the clinic's program and a 12-step recovery plan." - USA Today (August 22, 1990)

My man John Connery, on the other hand:
"Look, my teammates suck and I told 'em so. The team stinks, the organization stinks, the owner stinks and I want outta here. I wanna win just like the next guy but I gotta get paid properly, ya know? I got bills to pay! Also, coaches gotta lay off me - I can't understand what they're sayin' half the time and I don't need to be wastin' my time practicin' and stuff. How many rings they got, huh? Well, I got mine!" - New York Herald (August 2, 1913)

- Bru

Old 05-12-2016, 09:50 AM   #9
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Maybe he could run for president.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:21 AM   #10
hockeyman001
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Actually Belle was quite misunderstood. He wasn't the most talkative guy in the clubhouse, but generally got along with teammates better than with the media because teammates knew he was a private guy who needed his space whereas media always wanted a quote, and decided it was easier to villify him for not playing along. Was he some kind of misunderstood angel? Of course not. He definitely pulled his share of d-- moves over the years. But the guy quietly gave back to his community bigtime, and for purposes of talking about OOTP, if they were going to model Belle in there, they'd have to put his work ethic through the roof to reflect the tens of thousands of hours he'd spent since he was a kid just refining his swing, which is why he went on to become one of the best hitters of the modern era, albeit in a career that was too short.
hockeyman001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:24 AM   #11
TNIRISHFAN
Minors (Single A)

Looks like he has the perfect attitude to be a closer. Nasty.
https://simsportsgaming.com
@ootpmanager on twitter
TNIRISHFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:49 AM   #12
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Well, you've found John Rocker in a previous life.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:55 AM   #13
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Where did I read that again... ...

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:38 AM   #14
Number4
Major Leagues

3 good pitches, stamina of 65 and he's a reliever?
Number4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:02 PM   #15
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
3 good pitches, stamina of 65 and he's a reliever?
Probably due to his control issues and smaller starting staffs in that era.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:16 PM   #16
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Where did I read that again... ...
Rich, I followed "Joey" Belle since he was at LSU.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:21 PM   #17
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyman001 View Post
Actually Belle was quite misunderstood. He wasn't the most talkative guy in the clubhouse, but generally got along with teammates better than with the media because teammates knew he was a private guy who needed his space whereas media always wanted a quote, and decided it was easier to villify him for not playing along. Was he some kind of misunderstood angel? Of course not. He definitely pulled his share of d-- moves over the years. But the guy quietly gave back to his community bigtime, and for purposes of talking about OOTP, if they were going to model Belle in there, they'd have to put his work ethic through the roof to reflect the tens of thousands of hours he'd spent since he was a kid just refining his swing, which is why he went on to become one of the best hitters of the modern era, albeit in a career that was too short.
"It was a taken in baseball circles that Albert Belle was nuts... The Indians billed him $10,000 a year for the damage he caused in clubhouses on the road and at home, and tolerated his behavior only because he was an awesome slugger... He slurped coffee constantly and seemed to be on a perpetual caffeinated frenzy. Few escaped his wrath: on some days he would destroy the postgame buffet...launching plates into the shower... after one poor at-bat against Boston, he retreated to the visitors' clubhouse and took a bat to teammate Kenny Lofton's boombox. Belle preferred to have the clubhouse cold, below 60 degrees, and when one chilly teammate turned up the heat, Belle walked over, turned down the thermostat and smashed it with his bat. His nickname, thereafter, was 'Mr. Freeze.'" - Buster Olney

"Sorry, there'll be no words of sympathy here for Albert Belle. He was a surly jerk before he got hurt and now he's a hurt surly jerk....He was no credit to the game. Belle's boorish behavior should be remembered by every member of the Baseball Writers' Association when it comes time to consider him for the Hall of Fame." - Bill Madden

Despite quite a career and being the only MLB player to ever hit 50 HR and 50 doubles in a season, Belle got less than 8% of his initial HOF vote and fell off the ballot the next year.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:29 PM   #18
Bucky Ball
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The only baseball I ever caught live at a baseball game (Skydome) was off of the bat of Albert Belle.

..... this is where I intended to add something witty.

But I got nothin'
Bucky Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:34 PM   #19
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
"It was a taken in baseball circles that Albert Belle was nuts... The Indians billed him $10,000 a year for the damage he caused in clubhouses on the road and at home, and tolerated his behavior only because he was an awesome slugger... He slurped coffee constantly and seemed to be on a perpetual caffeinated frenzy. Few escaped his wrath: on some days he would destroy the postgame buffet...launching plates into the shower... after one poor at-bat against Boston, he retreated to the visitors' clubhouse and took a bat to teammate Kenny Lofton's boombox. Belle preferred to have the clubhouse cold, below 60 degrees, and when one chilly teammate turned up the heat, Belle walked over, turned down the thermostat and smashed it with his bat. His nickname, thereafter, was 'Mr. Freeze.'" - Buster Olney

"Sorry, there'll be no words of sympathy here for Albert Belle. He was a surly jerk before he got hurt and now he's a hurt surly jerk....He was no credit to the game. Belle's boorish behavior should be remembered by every member of the Baseball Writers' Association when it comes time to consider him for the Hall of Fame." - Bill Madden

Despite quite a career and being the only MLB player to ever hit 50 HR and 50 doubles in a season, Belle got less than 8% of his initial HOF vote and fell off the ballot the next year.
Reads to me like you're ratifying hockeyman's assessment: that Albert Belle may very well have been an OK teammate, but because he was quiet, or shy, or withdrawn, or aloof, or Asperger's, or whatever it is, the media hated him.

Buster Olney: media.

Bill Madden: media.

Hall of Fame voters: media.
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:16 PM   #20
Snake Eater
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksabr View Post
Reads to me like you're ratifying hockeyman's assessment: that Albert Belle may very well have been an OK teammate, but because he was quiet, or shy, or withdrawn, or aloof, or Asperger's, or whatever it is, the media hated him.

Buster Olney: media.

Bill Madden: media.

Hall of Fame voters: media.
Just look at that Madden quote. "He was mean to us, so don't vote for him no matter how good he was."
Snake Eater is offline   Reply With Quote