Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:15 AM   #61
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinw303 View Post
I get it in when I can...

But I still can't get in a 3D game, because it freezes as soon as I try, despite several updates that claim to have addressed 3D issues.
Here's a suggestion: Unlicense the game (look in the Game Settings, not League Settings), completely uninstall the game (but don't delete your leagues), then reinstall it with the version to be obtained in the OP of this thread. Reuse the same license.

That ought to fix things, I'd say, because the word seems to be that the 3D gameplay issues have been resolved. Else, we would be seeing many more posts here on that subject.

EDIT: And be sure to read what I said in post #60 on the previous default page of this thread.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 05-18-2016 at 11:17 AM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:24 PM   #62
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinw303 View Post
I get it in when I can...

But I still can't get in a 3D game, because it freezes as soon as I try, despite several updates that claim to have addressed 3D issues.
If you have 3D issues as soon as you try to open a 3D park, that's most likely an issue with your machine/open GL. I'd suggest updating your video drivers first, and if that doesn't work, follow the instructions here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-see-here.html
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:22 PM   #63
Procision
Bat Boy

Almost all my pen guys even after throwing 5 pitches will be a 79 stamina the next day after being 100. It stays the same very low - normal, but then the high is way too ridiculous where they recover no problem.

https://gyazo.com/ed1bf0222df26ec9ef6a4851ff057355

If someone can help me that would be great, makes me not want to play the game right now.
Procision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 01:12 PM   #64
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procision View Post
Almost all my pen guys even after throwing 5 pitches will be a 79 stamina the next day after being 100. It stays the same very low - normal, but then the high is way too ridiculous where they recover no problem.

https://gyazo.com/ed1bf0222df26ec9ef6a4851ff057355

If someone can help me that would be great, makes me not want to play the game right now.
I already replied: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post4036507

Mainly, they can still pitch well at 76%, and we will adjust things more in future patches.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:33 PM   #65
silverwolf
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
There were way too many teenagers before - when we did the change to boost draftee talents, we didn't adjust the algorithm for top prospects, so it got way too loaded up on teenage talent. And if you look at the MLB top-100 prospect list, there aren't a top of teens. There's maybe a couple 18 year olds and a handful of 19 year olds.

We may have gone too far the other way, but even the best 17 year olds are still a bit too far away from the show to really show up on top prospect lists. AI teams will still value them, but they won't necessarily show up on the top prospect lists.
In an online league that just converted from OOTP16 to OOTP17 at the start of the off-season. Completely whacked the top prospect list.

How is this guy no longer a top prospect? He's easily one of the top 10 pitching prospects in the minors. (Potentials are 1-8, Actuals 1-10)
silverwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:59 PM   #66
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwolf View Post
In an online league that just converted from OOTP16 to OOTP17 at the start of the off-season. Completely whacked the top prospect list.

How is this guy no longer a top prospect? He's easily one of the top 10 pitching prospects in the minors. (Potentials are 1-8, Actuals 1-10)
He's the sort of guy I would expect should have been helped by the changes. If you shoot over league files I can have a look, but on first glance he should definitely be a top-10 guy.
Old 05-19-2016, 03:36 PM   #67
goldfinger77
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
He's the sort of guy I would expect should have been helped by the changes. If you shoot over league files I can have a look, but on first glance he should definitely be a top-10 guy.
Same league as Silverwolf - this guy was the #3 prospect in the league last year, is major league ready at shortstop, and tore up the minors last season. Now, he's not even on my team's top 20 list. Is that solely because he's 19?
goldfinger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:40 PM   #68
silverwolf
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I've shared the league file as OTM-share.lg.zip on the ftp site I was pointed to previously when reporting bugs (ftp://ootpsupport.com/incoming/ootp/saved_games/).

Let me know if you need anything more than what's in there. Thanks.
Old 05-19-2016, 04:11 PM   #69
The Yurpman
Major Leagues

Speaking of the top prospects list, (and I already mentioned this in the roster thread) the list is messed up even in a 2016 MLB QS. I play as the Red Sox and Moncada and Benintendi weren't even in the top 100.

Prior to the last patch Moncada was usually in the top 10 and Benintendi was near the top 50ish.
The Yurpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 05:09 PM   #70
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

So not sure what you guys were seeing, but when I checked the top prospect lists, Gonzalez is listed as the #2 prospect in baseball and Rosario comes out as #14. I've done a couple changes since the patch, and that bumped Rosario up to #9. So not sure why you guys aren't seeing them as top guys...
Old 05-19-2016, 05:57 PM   #71
goldfinger77
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
So not sure what you guys were seeing, but when I checked the top prospect lists, Gonzalez is listed as the #2 prospect in baseball and Rosario comes out as #14. I've done a couple changes since the patch, and that bumped Rosario up to #9. So not sure why you guys aren't seeing them as top guys...
Guelph top 20 list, no Rosario: Top Prospects

League top 100 list, no Rosario: Annual Top 100 Prospects
Old 05-19-2016, 11:24 PM   #72
silverwolf
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Matt - Are you saying you open up our league file with the latest patch version 17.8.54, and it all looks fine to you? If that's the case, how come everyone in the league, including goldfinger, sees something quite different?
Old 05-20-2016, 01:27 AM   #73
goldfinger77
Minors (Double A)

I just looked in-game. The in-game top prospect list is radically different from the one on HTML.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:33 AM   #74
tyrionbro
Minors (Rookie Ball)

not sure if it's been reported but $ for extensions are screwed up in both online leagues i am in. The game isn't counting "starting balance" the following years.
tyrionbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 06:33 AM   #75
tyrionbro
Minors (Rookie Ball)

not sure if it's been reported but $ for extensions are screwed up in both online leagues i am in. The game isn't counting "starting balance" the following years.
tyrionbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:22 AM   #76
silverwolf
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger77 View Post
I just looked in-game. The in-game top prospect list is radically different from the one on HTML.
The HTML reports and in-game are different, both updated to the latest game date, and the pitcher that I gave as my initial example is still not on either top 100 list.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:10 AM   #77
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwolf View Post
Matt - Are you saying you open up our league file with the latest patch version 17.8.54, and it all looks fine to you? If that's the case, how come everyone in the league, including goldfinger, sees something quite different?
I'm not sure what to say, but yeah, I load it up in 17.8.54 (or my newer one, even with the older 17.7.53), and Gonzalez is always #2 or #3, Rosario is in the league top 20.
Attached Images

Last edited by Matt Arnold; 05-20-2016 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:37 AM   #78
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Hey, Matt

Will there be another update for 3D? I noticed there are some wonky outfield plays in this update (although I assume you may already know about them):

- no deep warning track flyball outs.

- Sacrifice flys happen on medium to shallow depth flyballs.

- On flyball outs that are medium/shallow depth, the outfielder seems to moves toward the outfield foul line a majority of the time. I've never see flyball outs in right center, or left center.

The infield plays seem to be represented well though.

Anyway, this is what I've noticed. Please DO NOT take that as criticism. 3D is still more fun than a barrel of Monkeys! And like I said, I'm sure you already know about them. You guys tend to be ahead of the curve on all this stuff.

Last edited by drksd4848; 05-20-2016 at 11:41 AM.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 02:43 PM   #79
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
Hey, Matt

Will there be another update for 3D? I noticed there are some wonky outfield plays in this update (although I assume you may already know about them):

- no deep warning track flyball outs.

- Sacrifice flys happen on medium to shallow depth flyballs.

- On flyball outs that are medium/shallow depth, the outfielder seems to moves toward the outfield foul line a majority of the time. I've never see flyball outs in right center, or left center.

The infield plays seem to be represented well though.

Anyway, this is what I've noticed. Please DO NOT take that as criticism. 3D is still more fun than a barrel of Monkeys! And like I said, I'm sure you already know about them. You guys tend to be ahead of the curve on all this stuff.
Yes, there will definitely be more 3D updates. It's still a work in progress, so we'll definitely be continuously improving it.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:01 PM   #80
geoffmatt17
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerbaseballgeek View Post
Thanks for the latest update. I know you guys are swamped, but I was curious if you had any update on when/if we'll be able to import individual players from the minor league database? I also read something about a work around to import them now, but couldn't figure out how that works. Thanks again
Bump this question: I didn't see this addressed in this thread and have the same inquiry. I've made many failed attempts at importing players from the minor league db.

Will we see this functionality soon?
geoffmatt17 is offline   Reply With Quote